Time to rest Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously some people did not watch the game today. Sydney choked us, to there credit they didn't allow us to play free flowing football. We were made to hold up the ball at every opportunity. Even our most experienced players turned it over. I can recall two defensive turn overs from Thornton resulted into Sydney goals and one by Johnson. The delivery inside forward 50 was disappointing also. No point blaming a half fit Fev.

:( It is obvious that Fevola is not fit. In fact currently he is about as useful a a set of **** on a bull.

He can't kick, can't lead or mark and can't (or won't) chase or tackle. If it is not his heal, then there is something else wrong. What ever it is it needs to be rectified. Give him 4 weeks off to get his heal right and start playing Fisher or Harlett in the forward line to get a bit of flexibility.

The last 2 weeks have shown that we are not yet at the top 4 mark and, unless we start to get some more grunt and flexibilty into our game into our game, then all we will be capable of doing is beating hack sides like Ninthmond and Melbourne.

Other sides have had a good look at us now and we need to step up to the plate. The coaching of Ratten will now be put to the test. Let's hope He and the Team are up to it.:(

The thing is you keep playing him if his injured you could actual damage him just like Adrian Whitehead. I don't get why Fisher playing in the 2 when he is one of a few players that take pack marks and if he doesn't guys like Betts and the small guy crumb for the ball if he drops it.

A bit of sense from an opposition supporter. Gotta' love that. :thumbsu:

Eddie Betts is becoming a champ, but EddieBettsisACHUMP. Been reading his crap for quite a while now.

Try kicking at goal with a numb foot because it's juiced up because you can't kick without it..............but you are still double teamed every time you goes for it.

Time to rest Fev to get it right..........and EBISC should have a rest too!! (Ever played footy, youngster????? Ever played with an injury, youngster??)

Eddie Betts is becoming a champ, but EddieBettsisACHUMP. Been reading his crap for quite a while now.

Try kicking at goal with a numb foot because it's juiced up because you can't kick without it..............but you are still double teamed every time you goes for it.

Time to rest Fev to get it right..........and EBISC should have a rest too!! (Ever played footy, youngster????? Ever played with an injury, youngster??)
a sore foot does not give away 50m pen
A sore foot does not make you stare at the grass after missing a mark instead of chasing the ball
A sore foot does not make you slag off your team mates
It was not Fev's fault 100% but nobody could be happy the way he played.
The team lost the game. Every player must review their individual and collective effort

If you have an injury and play then you are responsible for how you play.

Fevola kicked 1.4. It's not as though he didn't have the chance to have an impact on the game.

What part of that don't you understand?

You've been reading my posts for a while yet you've only signed onto this foru, today? :rolleyes:

and stupid name calling of other posters is for the playground or the Bay.
Wise up

Oh, and for the record YiC, I played football with a dual rip in my quad and still managed to set up two goals. You ask, I'll answer.
a quad is a muscle EddieB. Did not realise you had any on that metal axe man frame of yours!

Who's this Yarram you speak of?

Fevola kicked 1.4. It's not as though he didn't have the chance to have an impact on the game.

You've been reading my posts for a while yet you've only signed onto this foru, today? :rolleyes:

Glad to see that you acknowledge that he has an injury. Yes, I only signed onto this foru today because I generally just read with interest, but your Fev bashing 'It's not as though he didn't have the chance to have an impact on the game.' has been very much over the top.

He had 14 possessions and took 9 marks this week.
He had 13 possessions and took 10 marks the week before.

Ummm...umm as I previously said, he's playing with a numb foot, due to pre match injections, (ever tried that???) It is getting progressively worse. He can still GET the ball, but he can't finish off. BUT...he still commands double tags.

Give him a rest....................................and a break.

(Which part don't YOU understand??)

Glad to see that you acknowledge that he has an injury. Yes, I only signed onto this foru today because I generally just read with interest, but your Fev bashing 'It's not as though he didn't have the chance to have an impact on the game.' has been very much over the top.

Ummm...umm as I previously said, he's playing with a numb foot, due to pre match injections, (ever tried that???) It is getting progressively worse. He can still GET the ball, but he can't finish off. BUT...he still commands double tags.

*Give him a rest....................................and a break.

1.4 this week.
4.7 last week.

That says it for me, and it backs up my statement. If he wants to go back and have the shots, he's responsible for them going through the sticks or not. If he's not confident then he should pass it off. It's that simple.

*I sure hope you've seen the Nick Stevens thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

getting worse - where did you get that from?
If it was a break he would not play.
Perhaps the fault lies with his added bluk in the upper body. Did he need to have this extra burden?
I have played many sports with jabs in many points on my body. It is a strange sensation however technique usually overrides your loss of touch.
I played an entire carnival with 16 bits of bone floating in my right ankle. Not one pain killer. Made it thru and we came 2nd. Regret it now as the joint is completely stuffed (of course have damaged it many more times since)
point is for a bruised heal a jab should not hinder his work too much.
Please enlighten me on progressively worse. My sources in the club say otherwise

Don't touch this subject - I got crusified for even mentioning his sore foot.

Eddie your incessant bleating is monotonous, embarrassing and as bad as your spelling. It doesn't prove you are a great supporter by getting angrier than everyone else. That's Alpha's role on this board. He won't mind me saying that as he knows it to be true.

Fix your username. Children are giggling at you.

I read this forum for a year and a half before making my first post. Boy you must be young.

I think most are sick of all these threads it wears thin week in week out , everyone has their own whipping boy and you are all acting like pedantic princesses.

You blokes cant be making kneekerk machete changes simply coz u got done by a hoodoo club on a hoodoo ground. You disrupt the team now going into even tougher oppostion and u can really screw your season up.

All thats happened is a hard dose of one on one footy after qtr time and u got done by a team that simply ddidnt feel like ALLOWING you to play the way u want to. You knew that the tough one on one aspect would take time with the kids coz the circle jerking part is easily drummed into youngsters. Cant expect every other team to just let you play how u want to or give u room to show better skills...being competitive in that finals type in your face footy and grinding out tough wins (instead of honourable losses) that will come over time.

Fevola might be carrying a niggle but why the hell would u drop him ?..he wont get his boot back by punishing your team...all that happened yesterday is Bolton's job was made far too easy coz our defence was able to work as a team...not enough dangerous options to keep our defenders away from him for starters...You need to stretch defences out leaving Fevola one out. There was absolutely no fwd pressure coming from u guys and u couldnt KEEP it inside 50 long enough even for second efforts.

Just tell him no media the next two weeks coz thats when the pressure can mount....ppl start to ask if his heart is in it and u dont want a return to the old days of him "playing when he feels like it" accusations. Looked fit enough to at least be dangerous so just assume its a cpl of weeks of poor kicking that happens to all key fwds.

btw...Eddie Betts :thumbsu:

Just watching On The Couch and they showed the positions where Fevola has taken his shots for goal after the last few weeks. Now there is no doubt his kicking has not been of the quality we all know he is capable of but the amount of shots he has had from the pockets were amazing. 70-80% of them were from 50 odd out on a tight angle, there were basically 2 shot that were in the corridor. This brings up the question, why?

After watching all games a few times, this is what seems to be happening. Teams are flooding the middle and making us use the wings. They have figured out that the corridor is like gold and are doing anything to try and stop us/any team for that fact using it. I think the club hasn't found a way to beat this just yet because the amount of times we kept using the wings was way too many on the weekend. I think teams figure Fev will get his half a dozen scoring shots a game but they want to dictate where he takes them. The zoning defensive has played a major part and right now i think we are going about trying to defuse it the wrong way.

We need to find a way to use that corridor and give Fev a few gimmes. While he has been struggling, this is a team game and all the blame shouldn't be directly aimed at the Fev.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to rest Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back