Toby Greene makes contact with umpire - Update: Suspension Increased to 6 weeks on Appeal

What will happen to Toby?

• Gone - 4 weeks or more

Votes: 129 24.3%
  • Gone - 1-3 weeks

Votes: 278 52.5%
  • Fine only

Votes: 99 18.7%
  • Innocent - play on.

Votes: 24 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No, not really. Have you never walked along a crowded footpath and either you or the person in your direct path have turned a shoulder to the side to avoid a collision? It's just something humans do with very little thought. We make adjustments all the time. Someone pulls across into our lane on the freeway a little too close and we ease off to give them more room.

People are prejudiced towards Greene. They think he is a grubby psycho-thug-dog. It's clouding their whole view of the so-called "bumping" incident. They think he was angrily berating Stevic. People need to grip and realise Greene was asking him about a decision - without any malice, but a normal difference of opinion between a player and umpire, except that he's walked a little close. That's all that has happened here. Bad optics which has led to people jumping down's Greene's throat.

Malifice was saying before that Greene "made a beeline" towards the ump, but this is bullshit. Greene was walking towards the huddle with 5 or 6 of his teammates when he asked the ump "Why wasn't that a free?" or whatever and Stevic stood there in the middle of the players' paths to answer whatever it was Greene was asking him about.

Greene's fate rests in Stevic's hands. The AFL will ask Stevic what happened and depending on Stevic's answer, Greene will or won't have a case to answer. My guess is the AFL may give Greene a $1500 fine because of the optics. "Don't walk too close to umpires!" etc etc... Or they'll say "no case to answer".

But nobody here is going to admit they were wrong. They will all say it's an AFL conspiracy to protect their love child and that Greene owes a Stevic a beer for lying on his behalf and saving his arse. :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah, Greene went up and asked the teacher a question and just happened to make contact as you do walking down the street :rolleyes:

It wouldn’t surprise anyone to learn that the AFL are trying to manipulate an outcome here.

I’m really surprised that different camera angles have not been released yet. Surely there is another view, even if a bit grainy and long distance.

As it stands it can be argued from the footage that no contact was made, even though I think that is BS. What they really need is Stevic on-board, and I’m sure that a word in his ear mentioning how he may get a GF umpiring gig could be enough to get a sympathetic statement from him.
Jake_Angeli_%28Qanon_Shamon%29%2C_seen_holding_a_Qanon_sign_%28cropped%29.jpg

No, not really. Have you never walked along a crowded footpath and either you or the person in your direct path have turned a shoulder to the side to avoid a collision? It's just something humans do with very little thought. We make adjustments all the time. Someone pulls across into our lane on the freeway a little too close and we ease off to give them more room.

People are prejudiced towards Greene. They think he is a grubby psycho-thug-dog. It's clouding their whole view of the so-called "bumping" incident. They think he was angrily berating Stevic. People need to grip and realise Greene was asking him about a decision - without any malice, but a normal difference of opinion between a player and umpire, except that he's walked a little close. That's all that has happened here. Bad optics which has led to people jumping down's Greene's throat.

Malifice was saying before that Greene "made a beeline" towards the ump, but this is bullshit. Greene was walking towards the huddle with 5 or 6 of his teammates when he asked the ump "Why wasn't that a free?" or whatever and Stevic stood there in the middle of the players' paths to answer whatever it was Greene was asking him about.

Greene's fate rests in Stevic's hands. The AFL will ask Stevic what happened and depending on Stevic's answer, Greene will or won't have a case to answer. My guess is the AFL may give Greene a $1500 fine because of the optics. "Don't walk too close to umpires!" etc etc... Or they'll say "no case to answer".

But nobody here is going to admit they were wrong. They will all say it's an AFL conspiracy to protect their love child and that Greene owes a Stevic a beer for lying on his behalf and saving his arse. :rolleyes:

Good post. Bumped shoulders with plenty in a crowded footpath, occasionally taken space on the road that is probably not mine.... I've asked the umpire to clarify their decisions hundreds of times (and agree that Toby was not providing Stevic with unreasonably verbal abusive... agree that Toby's reputation precedes him...agree 100% that Toby's fate depends on Stevic...

If Toby found guilty, the it fuels the Toby-tax conspiracy theories.

If Toby not guilty, surely it is proof that there is no Toby-tax conspiracy.

Selwood is a serial eye gouger

Used his "captain courageous ornament of the game" card to escape suspensions

I've seen Cats fans on the Geelong board comment about this stuff and say how disppointed they are with him

elEWrtY.png

Yeah but other than those three examples have you got ANY evidence that Selwood has ever eye gouged anyone?

Yeah yeah, Greene went up and asked the teacher a question and just happened to make contact as you do walking down the street :rolleyes:
That's not what I said at all.

I said that people often move out of the way of others who inadvertently walk into our personal space. Happens all the time

What planet do you live on?

It's what's already been posted on here.
So it’s still the same angle that some say he makes contact and others say he doesn’t make contact.

My problem with it is that Stevic rotates just at the moment you expect Greene to have made contact, and that Stevic rotates just the shoulder that you expect Greene to have hit, like his is hinged at the other shoulder, before moving the rest of his body. I’m not sure how it exonerates Greene.

If Stevic was genuinely moving of his own accord then I’d expect that he would have rotated by turning his whole body, with his axis of rotation running through his head and body. There is a chance that Greene didn’t make contact but that’s only because Stevic swung his shoulder out of the way to avoid Greene making contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only daylight I can see occurs after the alleged contact.

The slowdown shows there isn’t one.

Look we are at the stage now that the only way this ends is with the umps report on it.

He will either say he was bumped/intimidated/threatened.
Or he will say he wasn’t.

He doesn’t look like someone who was just attacked at any stage in the video (even the longer one wheee they continue talking).

Look we are at the stage now that the only way this ends is with the umps report on it.

He doesn’t look like someone who was just attacked at any stage in the video (even the longer one wheee they continue talking).
Fair enough.

Fine at most*

*But the Toby Greene tax could be applied here

Won’t come done to the ump. A player has clearly and deliberately entered the personal space of an umpire and the umpire felt it necessary to take evasive action. That’s as good as it gets for Toby. And for umpires everywhere in Australia Toby will cop a fair whack.

Won’t come done to the ump. A player has clearly and deliberately entered the personal space of an umpire and the umpire felt it necessary to take evasive action. That’s as good as it gets for Toby. And for umpires everywhere in Australia Toby will cop a fair whack.

So the umpire that has supposedly had it happen to him can’t confirm or deny?
Lol

No contact???

Channel 7 just now showing CLEAR contact between the 2 from a new side on angle. There is no “ There was no contact “ defence to play.

Absolute no doubt about it that Tobys shoulder made contact with Stevics shoulder/chest area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby Greene makes contact with umpire - Update: Suspension Increased to 6 weeks on Appeal

Back