Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

The gap between the F3 and the F4 will be a few picks... It is basically a future first and a future 2nd.
These are the kinds of assumptions that can make trading future picks fun. Not a whole lot has to go wrong for your F1, 2 and 3 to be a lot more valuable and a couple more wins from us could devalue our pick. Gives me two games a week to have an interest in next week.

If we can get 4 years of 20 games a year out of him he may well be.

These arent just about Battle and Barrass. Its about Sicily and Weddle too. If we can move pieces around minute by minute, quarter by quarter it completely messes with opposition structure.

Barrass is the cornerstone. As expected in a trade thread TB has been criminally underrated but he is first and foremost a genuine key position player.

Sicily is listed as 186cm 87kg, Battle 193cm 92kg. TB is 196cm 96kg and easily the best defender of the 3. The fact he can also have 10 marks and 20 touches in a game if you need him to is what makes him so versatile. He is a great get.

Barrass is the cornerstone. As expected in a trade thread TB has been criminally underrated but he is first and foremost a genuine key position player.

Sicily is listed as 186cm 87kg, Battle 193cm 92kg. TB is 196cm 96kg and easily the best defender of the 3. The fact he can also have 10 marks and 20 touches in a game if you need him to is what makes him so versatile. He is a great get.
Yep.
They have all bases covered now with Barrass. As good as their defence was last season, they could occasionally be exposed by the really big forwards. The 200cm guys. Frost had the 2 best years of his career the past couple. But Barrass is obviously an upgrade.
The interesting question for mine is how it changes things structurally for Hawthorn down back. I don't buy the playing all of Frost, Barrass and Battle talk. Even if they do try it early, it won't last long IMO. So even if Frost drops out, they are still playing an extra tall as compared to last season. Barrass, Battle, Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle as tallish options is a lot of height. Their mobility and run was such a strength, I'm interested to see how it works back their. Not saying it won't, I'm just curious. Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle still provide some run despite being capable talls(ish). All are at least reasonable, and a couple are outstanding ball users
Good problem to have. Both Weddle and Sicily are obviously pretty versatile but ideally I would think they'll still want Sicily back. It may put pressure on Gunston at the other end if one of Sicily or or Weddle end up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have the worst of the two and no firsts this year. Essentially traded your own F1 (which could well be an early pick) and F3 for Barrass. Much better than 14 on its own.
How early do you think it could be? I would argue we have improved our list while Carlton have weakened their team for next year

You caved and handed over an entire draft hand. Will be good fun death riding you blokes next season
We're not going back. So many of our younger players got games into them - the only thing lacked was a genuine key defender which we made up by using intercept defenders in the role - now they will be free - the mids will get better and we get Mitch Lewis back to lead the forward line - should have chosen the Blues picks - we are not going back

How early do you think it could be? I would argue we have improved our list while Carlton have weakened their team for next year
I don’t think it’ll be any later than 14, so from our pov that’s already a huge win, plus we banked the second on top. Original deal was 14 and F3 I think, so we’ve come out well ahead of that. F*cked the pick 3 trade but this one I think we’ve won.

I don’t think it’ll be any later than 14, so from our pov that’s already a huge win, plus we banked the second on top. Original deal was 14 and F3 I think, so we’ve come out well ahead of that. F*cked the pick 3 trade but this one I think we’ve won.

“Two firsts or he stays”

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back