Speculation Tom Barrass (OOC 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

He said: "I'm a West Coast Eagles player, and unless the rug gets pulled out from under my feet I'll stay that way."

That means he'll stay a eagle unless the club decides he should look for a trade.
Which is the politically correct straight bat response. He's not going to say "feeling cute, might go play for Bevo."

You're right, we have Barrass contracted for another 3 years, so the offer would need to be exceptional FOR WCE to agree to trade a bloke who is happy to stay.

Happy to stay… if he gets the two year extension he wants, to match the length of the offer on the table elsewhere.

Putting a bit of pressure on the Eagles to commit beyond his current contract. Understandable given his back issues. Interesting to see how they play it.

His back has held up so far this year it seems, obviously we don't have the behind the scenes info though.

You keep on about it on the WC forum as well.

You seem to have no inside knowledge but keep peddling it.
Like you said, we will wait and see.
WC trade forum? Makes sense ✅. One of our players linked to a move out? ✅ two years running? ✅. Got thrown out there again by Mitch Cleary and King Cal this week? ✅. CEO has said we will be aggressive in trade period? He can probably net us ‘overs’? ✅ coach just got sacked and the unrest with that? ✅

Not sure why I mention it in the TB trade board or Eagles trade board? 🤔🫣

Not sure why you are taking it so personally?

With these things 3 groups would have to agree for it to happen. TB and family, Eagles and the team that he wants to go to. Just makes sense for 2 out of 3 and depending how TB feels about winning at the back end of his career and $$$$, might make sense to all 3. Apparently was all but gone last year until change of heart? Not sure what the change of heart was? Wanted to stay home with the family? Eagles said they will rejig his contact? Either way, new people in charge of nearly all areas of the club.

WC trade forum? Makes sense ✅. One of our players linked to a move out? ✅ two years running? ✅. Got thrown out there again by Mitch Cleary and King Cal this week? ✅. CEO has said we will be aggressive in trade period? He can probably net us ‘overs’? ✅ coach just got sacked and the unrest with that? ✅

With these things 3 groups would have to agree for it to happen. TB and family, Eagles and the team that he wants to go to. Just makes sense for 2 out of 3 and depending how TB feels about winning at the back end of his career and $$$$, might make sense to all 3. Apparently was all but gone last year until change of heart? Not sure what the change of heart was? Wanted to stay home with the family? Eagles said they will rejig his contact? Either way, new people in charge of nearly all areas of the club.
I'm not taking it so seriously.
With this and the rest of your posts on it, I suggest you are.

Let's just wait and see.

I'm not taking it so seriously.
With this and the rest of your posts on it, I suggest you are.

Let's just wait and see.
Haha. Not sure how considering you asked why I’ve discussed TB trades on a TB trade forum and on and Eagles trade forum and I gave you the reason. But Ok…. That we will, sit back and watch the uncontrollable.

This post would have had more credibility if you had
:crossmark: Tom Barrass has said he is not going anywhere and is a happily contracted player that intends to finish his career at the eagles in his home state unless somebody pulls the rug out from under him.

You still have time to edit and insert my post into yours ( only 218 people have read it so far)

This post would have had more credibility if you had
:crossmark: Tom Barrass has said he is not going anywhere and is a happily contracted player that intends to finish his career at the eagles in his home state unless somebody pulls the rug out from under him.

You still have time to edit and insert my post into yours ( only 218 people have read it so far)
A few of those are debatable.
-He is contracted (dont think you could even twist that one)
-He has said he wants to stay, which he might be but what else is he going to stay at rd9 and wouldn’t be the first player to say that and move on.
-Does he get a new contract that the reports say he wants? Maybe but if not is he still happily contracted? That’s probably the part to play out.
-Fair to assume you have just started following AFL? If you believe everything a player/coach/board member has to say you are going to be in for one hell of a ride. Enjoy

-Fair to assume you have just started following AFL? If you believe everything a player/coach/board member has to say you are going to be in for one hell of a ride. Enjoy
Yes i am pretty new to this game and only been following it since Richmond won the premiership in 1967

Yep,
A contender often rolls the dice.
Just last year Collingwood paid what could be a top 10 pick and a second rounder for Shultz.
When the windows open you never know …

Schultz a top 10 pick would be a wow moment. But they were rightly confident that it should be a pick in the late teens.

On Shultz, if he keeps leading with his head in marking contests against taller players to draw frees he will be retiring from multiple concussions. Have seen him do this multiple times and it works. Tactics like this needs to be to be stamped out given the trigger happy no clue MRP scaling of offences. Other players do it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said: "I'm a West Coast Eagles player, and unless the rug gets pulled out from under my feet I'll stay that way."

That means he'll stay an eagle unless the club decides he should look for a trade.
He sure pulled the rug from under Simpson. He was the senior player the media aren’t naming that started the text chain to out the coach. Regardless of the sacking I think he asks for a trade at the end of the year.

He sure pulled the rug from under Simpson. He was the senior player the media aren’t naming that started the text chain to out the coach. Regardless of the sacking I think he asks for a trade at the end of the year.
Interesting. How did you find out he was the senior player who sent the texts?

Would Barrass be a priority for the Dogs (if he ever was) after Lobb's move back?
I'd prefer to take any picks to draft.
Barrass is under contract so would cost overs at the trade table. Bevo's shown before that a defence based on system can get the job done (just ask premiership full back Fletcher Roberts).

Speculation Tom Barrass (OOC 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back