Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you think it happens now? We wanted a current year 1st rounder + something, supposedly we wanted your f2.
Now you have less attractive assets to work with, is Cam Mckenzie on the table now or something?

I'm not going to pretend to know what is going on behind closed doors but I imagine WC said they needed more than pick 14 and their request for more was more than Hawthorn were keen to pay so they talked to some other clubs (i.e. Carlton) to sound out what more they can get with what they have and ran that by West Coast, who agreed.

Now they're executing those deal(s) to satisfy West Coast. I have no idea exactly what hat looks like (and neither does anyone else).

Usually the most one-eyed supporters on both sides will be dissatisfied with the final deal (suggesting it is probably about right)

Well looks like Eagles list manager bought into the WA spin and tried to play poker.

Hawks F1+ a F2 on table for Barass now, no need for your F3. Happy now?

This is pretty much exactly what most supporters wanted.

This is a win for us, not Hawthorn and Richmond, lol.

Seems like we're not bending over for shit offers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no formal offer from the club, no. They did give him more money though but he supposedly 'expected' more.
They made him a promise that he felt they felt they didn’t honour which you know, arguing otherwise is semantics. The posturing is stupid. It always has been in the best interests of everyone involved to get a deal done.

If you believe A) That a rebuilding side like yours doesn't "need" picks and B) that Barrass can just find a different suitor with a week left in the trade period, you are extremely naive.

I think you are the naive one if you think quality players can’t find a home.

Enjoy being smacked in finals because you looked to satisfy ego of being sick of waiting.

Now you aren’t sick of waiting.

I think you are the naive one if you think quality players can’t find a home.

Enjoy being smacked in finals because you looked to satisfy ego of being sick of waiting.

Now you aren’t sick of waiting.

Being smacked in finals is still a whole lot better than whatever the Eagles are doing at the moment.

Calm your farm though. The deal will get done. Nothing surer.

Eagles didn't like what we offered. Fair enough. We've gone out and tried to piece together something different.

Very. You happy? Enjoy your future first. I am sure it will help you in finals against big forwards in 2025.

I don't recall a single big forward getting a hold of us this year apart from Hogan, who pretty much got a hold of everyone.

They made him a promise that he felt they felt they didn’t honour which you know, arguing otherwise is semantics. The posturing is stupid. It always has been in the best interests of everyone involved to get a deal done.

Nisbett made a 'handshake' deal.

That's not a club promise and it wasn't smart of Barrass to go against his manager's advice and not get it in writing.

Hawks probably looking at GC pick 6
GC need lots of points next year for some highly regarded players especially with points system changing

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back