Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

You rejected 14, I’m not saying we won’t trade more than a future first. I’m just saying it can’t be two firsts.
What more is better then your future 2nd ?

Would 100 percent take Finn Maginess or the like if that's your suggestion?

The biggest asset you hold at present is Carlton's future 2nd outside of Carlton's future 1st....and we rejected that

If we were going to accept f1st and f2nd it would have happened yesterday

I'd rather keep barrass which forces us to bypass bog average Baker.

Richmond choking on an endeless supply of a big bag of d1icks is perfectly fine by me
Again that's an issue you need to pick up with your club because they want Baker and they think a first is fair value for him (so that's an issue with Richmond) but that shouldnt make Barrass worth much more than he is..

We chased him doesn't automatically make it that we have to pay overs? Do you go into a restaurant you pick and then chef charges you double and you pay up?

Yes, we will trade for him but ain't at the expense of giving you 2 first?

My point I'm making is WC want Baker, we can give you picks to facilitate that move plus a sweetener, that's essentially what Barrass gets for you...anymore and you're being greedy..
Of course it means you pay overs, he has 3 years remaining on his contract FFS.

You don't spend months convincing someone to give up a prized asset they really want to keep, then simply offer what you think is market value(it's not) when the time to put in an offer comes around.

That's just wasting everyone's time.

This exact same conversation came around last year, when people were saying WCE had to accept 'fair value' for pick 1.

It didn't happen then and it clearly isn't happening now.

If you want to convince someone to give something up they prefer to keep, you don't do it by offering what you think it fair value.

It has to be overs for them to even consider it...

Again that's an issue you need to pick up with your club because they want Baker and they think a first is fair value for him (so that's an issue with Richmond) but that shouldnt make Barrass worth much more than he is..
Two trades are related so it is your indirect issue.Our want is 1st rounder plus Baker for Barrass. I imagine if Richmond accept your future 2nd for Baker we do a trade of f1st plus f2nd

Richmond won't accept that so we won't do the trade

Two trades are related so it is your indirect issue.Our want is 1st rounder plus Baker for Barrass. I imagine if Richmond accept your future 2nd for Baker we do a trade of f1st plus f2nd

So your shitty negotiations skills are our fault? Whose being unreasonable now?

You know Battle is shorter than Patrick Cripps, right?

He's going to struggle against the truly big forwards, which is why Hawks are chasing Barrass so hard

So is Sicily. We managed just fine against key forwards from pretty much all clubs. Even Hogan who was gifted a couple of his goals by dodgy Mark calls.

Nash is one of our tallest players but Id be choosing Hardwick in a defensive marking contest.

Height is only a part of it. Being able to read the play is at least 50% of the game. Battle can play offence and defence. That is a huge thing in our team.

So is Sicily. We managed just fine against key forwards from pretty much all clubs. Even Hogan who was gifted a couple of his goals by dodgy Mark calls.

Nash is one of our tallest players but Id be choosing Hardwick in a defensive marking contest.

Height is only a part of it. Being able to read the play is at least 50% of the game. Battle can play offence and defence. That is a huge thing in our team.
Jesse Hogan basically beat you by himself....

How to say "I didn't know", without saying it.

Jesse Hogan basically beat you by himself....

He did. And 2 of his goals came from marks where Weddle was in front, took the mark, then Hogan just grabbed the ball out of his hands and was awarded the mark.

In theory there is a rule that says the man in front gets the mark, but these days umpires almost always award the mark to the forward because the AFL favours goals over anything else - because Ch 7 get to run more ads.

I think most Hawthorn supporters would be okay if the deal ends up not happening because we refuse to be bent over. Deep down I think most WCE supporters will be upset if it doesnt go ahead.

Like Saints supporters (and their President) when they thought they were only getting Band 2 comp for Battle saying they really wanted Battle to stay but its all cheers once they got massive overs for him.

Of course it means you pay overs, he has 3 years remaining on his contract FFS.

You don't spend months convincing someone to give up a prized asset they really want to keep, then simply offer what you think is market value(it's not) when the time to put in an offer comes around.

That's just wasting everyone's time.

This exact same conversation came around last year, when people were saying WCE had to accept 'fair value' for pick 1.

It didn't happen then and it clearly isn't happening now.

If you want to convince someone to give something up they prefer to keep, you don't do it by offering what you think it fair value.

It has to be overs for them to even consider it...

It is this simple, Hawks offer what we think is fair for Barrass.

Eagles need early draft picks, this would help both clubs.

We are not paying overs we’re not happy with period. An if the eagles don’t like our offer they keep Tom.

It’s not like Tom hasn’t lined up two clubs previously to the Hawks. It kind of look like it’s an eagles thing, keeping Tom despite his wishes.

Our Hawks rebuild is well underway, the eagles is just beginning.

I kind of wish Hodge and S. Mitchell was being traded out this trade period, as based on current trades we’d be getting four first round picks 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sound so sure of that.

It is this simple, Hawks offer what we think is fair for Barrass.

Then why come for a contracted player to begin with? Hawks list management team mustn't be very smart if they think they can spend months courting someone, then make a poor offer to the club to convince them to let him go.

I do doubt this is the case however and something else is being worked on.

Eagles need early draft picks, this would help both clubs.

We are not paying overs we’re not happy with period. An if the eagles don’t like our offer they keep Tom.

It’s not like Tom hasn’t lined up two clubs previously to the Hawks. It kind of look like it’s an eagles thing, keeping Tom despite his wishes.

Our Hawks rebuild is well underway, the eagles is just beginning.

I kind of wish Hodge and S. Mitchell was being traded out this trade period, as based on current trades we’d be getting four first round picks 😂

Lol, Hodge and Mitchell were toast when they left. Barrass is in his prime. Weird that you blokes are so disingenuous about this.

Then why come for a contracted player to begin with? Hawks list management team mustn't be very smart if they think they can spend months courting someone, then make a poor offer to the club to convince them to let him go.

I do doubt this is the case however and something else is being worked on.

Lol, Hodge and Mitchell were toast when they left. Barrass is in his prime. Weird that you blokes are so disingenuous about this.

I like how you think this is all one sided. It is possible Barrass and his team put the word out after the eagles gave him a nudge.

After all he was in discussions with the Doggies according to all the talk here and via the media. So clearly Tom was looking around.

I like how you think this is all one sided. It is possible Barrass and his team put the word out after the eagles gave him a nudge.

After all he was in discussions with the Doggies according to all the talk here and via the media. So clearly Tom was looking around.
Cool.

Tom and his management can look all they want, they still need to find a club willing to satisfy WCE in a trade

Of course it's the point.

Hawthorn spent months chasing Barrass, with your coach flying to Perth to convince him to move.

Baker simply nominated WA, then only chose WCE after his mate was appointed.

I'm sure the club would love to have Baker but they're not going to turn Barrass, a premier key defender, into Baker, a dime a dozen flanker

I'm sure a deal gets done, it'll just be different to what people originally thought it would look like.

You don’t think WC actively pursued Baker? He just fell in your laps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

3.year.contract

Please read these words

You don’t think WC actively pursued Baker? He just fell in your laps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Freo sent their leadership group to have coffee with him, not sure WCE did the same, considering he's a massive WCE nuffy and only nominated them once McQualter was appointed.

I mean, as fun as melting is, I'm sure deals will get done for all players that will be reasonable enough.

3.year.contract

Please read these words

Please comprehend “ Irrelevant “ contract if eagles have pushed Barrass to look around.

Personally I think Barrass will be annoying if he was told to find another home by the eagles.

As I said before, don’t like the offer … Keep Barrass, it’s not the end of the world for us. We offered what we consider fair value and eagles rejected it. No big deal….

We did our duty of care to the player.

bzparkes you're not that naive are you that player managers and list managers are constantly discussing opportunities for players to move during the season.

Hawthorn didn't just randomly wake up one morning and say 'Hey, let's trade for a contracted player, hmmm Tom Barrass could be that player'.

It was made known he was interested in moving elsewhere. Notwithstanding the 'handshake agreement' that was reneged on or that fact that your list manager wants to get young talent to rebuild with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back