Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrass is a quality person and player but the point I am making is that Hawks are not desperate for him and don’t need to overpay for his services. Of course WC has the control factor as he’s contracted but the Hawks are also in a good position to consider other options that best suits the HFC.
Of course every Club should be trying to do deals that best suits them as that goes without saying. Still doesn’t mean the Eagles should just take what Hawthorn are offering due to Tom still having 3 years to run on his contract. Many of your supporters going by their comments are acting as if Tom is out of contract lol!

As far as I can tell according to media reports WCE asked for pick 14 and a F2 for Barrass and we said no. We then countered with Barrass and a F3 for 14 and a F2 which WCE said no. I think 1 F1 and 1 F2 for Barrass is meeting in the middle.
F1 is worth significantly less than pick 14. Its a worse deal for us overall.

Is he reliable at all? He's not a VIC Journo.

If he is...you need to burn the joint down.
Hes reliable, but all hes said is that Carlton want pick 3 using 12+14

Hes got no new info, hes just stating basically what the vic journos said last night.
No indication if the Eagles are keen on accepting that at this stage

Of course every Club should be trying to do deals that best suits them as that goes without saying. Still doesn’t mean the Eagles should just take what Hawthorn are offering due to Tom still having 3 years to run on his contract. Many of your supporters going by their comments are acting as if Tom is out of contract lol!

Even if Tom were out of contract eagles don’t have to accept the offer, goes unsaid.

No eagles fan is going to offer to take less for Barrass. Just like no Hawk fan is going to want to pay overs….

The clubs may rate the 2025 draft, but a lot want to see improvement now.

At the end of the day 99% of us have zero say in it. So let’s see how this all unfolds.

If Matty Clarke in his chat with MM says he wanted our f1 or 14 and F2 at bare minimum and was not hung up on Pick 14, then we have the deal he wants.

I suspect that was the line of Matty Clarke, if so hard for him to cry about pick 14. That is gone.

For all you know our F1 could be a Top 10 pick given we will have a harder draw, so you guys may be doing better.

If at any stage of negotiation Matty Clarke demanded our F1 + our F2 when we knocked back the 14+F2 demand and countered with Barass + F3, he has no leg to stand on now.

Last edited:
Barrass is a quality person and player but the point I am making is that Hawks are not desperate for him and don’t need to overpay for his services. Of course WC has the control factor as he’s contracted but the Hawks are also in a good position to consider other options that best suits the HFC.

Yes you are desperate. You just traded out of first round this year with your own coach wanting to go going all in for 2025 before the older players get too old. Battle is not barrass and won’t solve height issues.

HFC has holes and want to challenge for 2025 premiership. If you really think best option was to trade into 2025, with an extra 35-45 pick next year as a reward, then you are a little naive.

Either there are other moving parts or trade was a desperate attempt to find a solution.

Barrass has changed his mind on clubs many times. He can do it again.

The meltdowns in here from West Coast fans expecting two firsts are pure comedy.

You guys are going around in circles working yourselves up for no reason whatsoever.

I look forward to revisiting this thread once the deal goes through and he's a Hawk.

But until then, I'm not coming back because it's just the same delusional 3 of 4 West Coast nuffies going around and around like broken records.....have fun yelling into the void ✌️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hard 😂 but MM is the one that didn’t blink. Tell you which stat is more important than a players height …… the Hawks current back six. Throw in Battle Hawks are far from desperate!

View attachment 2139106

Prefer to keep 3 firsts next year anyway to have a crack at Reid so he can play with his short mate!
If we doing pics…….your average didn’t get it done against a cooked Port.

4F14BE8E-D852-4D47-95B2-D965BCD93408.jpeg

So looks like #14 + F1 for Barrass + F2 was never really a realistic option
Eagles should have just taken #14 for a player that clearly was not wanted

Matty Clarke has made a mess of his 1st trade
Nawwww. We will take your two future firsts which will become higher as you and Carlton slide down the ladder next year.

Barrass is a spud. He was on field in defence for the most 100+ smashings in history. Good defender yeah right.
He is not a spud but he also is not an AA quality KPD
Good player thats 29 years old and has back issue's

#14 was a good deal

Too bad thats gone , Can they reverse trades like on supercoach ?

Everyone says this about the draft most years and most times it's not true.

Hopefully 😊

Weird that WC are pushing him out and reneging on handshake deals if that’s the case

You really think “unconditional” hand shake deals are done by one of the biggest sporting clubs in the biggest sporting code in Australia, with a 27 yr old contracted player represented by an AGENT, all whilst the said clubs coach and CEO are heading out the door?

You have two F1's and might be coughing those up to us.
brian regan what GIF

Please comprehend “ Irrelevant “ contract if eagles have pushed Barrass to look around.

Personally I think Barrass will be annoying if he was told to find another home by the eagles.

As I said before, don’t like the offer … Keep Barrass, it’s not the end of the world for us. We offered what we consider fair value and eagles rejected it. No big deal….

We did our duty of care to the player.
Hawthorn tried to coax a contracted player into joining their club, that's the reality as it stands.

Would be funny if this deal falls through if the Hawks don't want to pay up to fix their biggest deficiency.

Strange move to trade out their 1st as gather West Coast are not chasing future picks.

Our biggest list gap is a key forward, especially with Lewis out for an extended period of time and never being reliable unfortunately body wise.

Chol should be a third tall. Dear is a talent but can't be expected to shoulder the load at this age. We need a genuine contested marking KPF. We just didn't have a reliable way out against Port early when their pressure was immense. No one who could just pluck a contested mark out of nowhere to relieve the backline.

Our defensive structures have held up well. TB would be a good get but by no means is he the most pressing need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back