Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think Mitchell thought a guy with 3 years left on his contract was gettable ?

Think it through.

Hint: at any point in time have WCE said they dont want to trade him ?
If you look at our history we have always tried to facilitate a trade for a player that wants to leave.
As recently as this trade period we helped Darling get to North's.
Sam Mitchell broke his contract to go home and we accommodated his move.
You have NFI how good WC are to deal with and that is why our player retention rates are through the roof.
Barrass is a required player and WC did not want to trade but what is the point of keeping a player when he has had his ear bent by another club with no scruples whatsoever.

If you look at our history we have always tried to facilitate a trade for a player that wants to leave.
You have NFI how good WC are to deal with and that is why our player retention rates are through the roof.
Barrass is a required player and WC did not want to trade but what is the point of keeping a player when he has had his ear bent by another club with no scruples whatsoever.

Poor WCE.

You think Carlton lets Curnow go because Collingwood gets in his ear?

Required players dont get traded. Its as simple as that.

WCE want him gone so they can replace an old guy who wont be there when you improve with a new kid who could be a star in a winning team.

It's a dick move to promise someone a contract upgrade only to not offer it, allow them to say their goodbyes at bnf, only to ask for unreasonable picks that are overs for said player to prevent a trade.

People act in good faith, you don't take advantage of it.
He's a contracted footballer.

West Coast don't have to do anything other than let him know when pre season training begins.

Disgraceful by Hawthorn to make promises to him, a contracted footballer, and then leave him embarrassed by their unwillingness to actually close the deal.

If Hawthorn weren't interested in actually getting Barrass to their club, they never should have made promises.

Poor WCE.

You think Carlton lets Curnow go because Collingwood gets in his ear?

Required players dont get traded. Its as simple as that.

WCE want him gone so they can replace an old guy who wont be there when you improve with a new kid who could be a star in a winning team.
Good lord. If Barrass is Curnow you may want to up your offer

This isn’t too different to when you traded Gunston really. You traded him despite wanting to keep him

It's a dick move to make promises to Barrass and get him to come out publicly with a commitment, and then actively bail on him.
When did this happen?

I just look at all the media outlets looking for the headline “Hawks bail on Barrass” but for the life of me I can’t find any.

Do you know something that no one else knows?

Or is this something you just made up in your own head?

Last edited:
Good lord. If Barrass is Curnow you may want to up your offer

This isn’t too different to when you traded Gunston really. You traded him despite wanting to keep him

No. Curnow is a required player. Blues need him to win a flag.

Barrass likely retires before WCE wins a final.

Notice the difference ?

When did this happen?

I just look at all the media outlets looking for the headline “Hawks bail on Barrass” but for the life of me I can’t find any.

Do you know something that no one else knows?

Or is this something you just made up in your own head?
Stop being naive.

The Hawks went directly to Barrass during the season, made promises and convinced him to publicly choose their club.

Now they're not wanting to put up enough resources to close the deal. Very bad faith negotiations in their part.

West Coast don't have to do anything other than let him know when pre season training begins.

Disgraceful by Hawthorn to make promises to him, a contracted footballer, and then leave him embarrassed by their unwillingness to actually close the deal.

If Hawthorn weren't interested in actually getting Barrass to their club, they never should have made promises.
Why you assuming that Hawks haven't traded pick 14 away to get some Eagles would much rather?....

Stop being naive.

The Hawks went directly to Barrass during the season, made promises and convinced him to publicly choose their club.

Now they're not wanting to put up enough resources to close the deal. Very bad faith negotiations in their part.
You're making up stuff, neither have Eagles or Hawks have come out & said what they think & as to why the Pick 14 went. Hawks wouldn't walk away from a player like that, if you think they would & continue with this narrative, then you have no clue.

So basically this happened

Mitchell flies to W.A rocks up at Barrass house

Mitchell - “Yeah look we don’t really need you but wouldn’t mind if you come. We will just offer Eagles massive unders and if they don’t accept it we can just run with Sam Frist anyway”
Barrass - “Sign me up Sammy, let’s shake on it, don’t shake too hard, you may hurt my back”

So a “ hand shake” counts when it’s the Hawks, but not the eagles his actual home. God help me 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop being naive.

Surely you know how the AFL like trade week to go, it’s all scripted to reach a conclusion late Tues/ Wed.
Stop being so naive.

Neither club has said anything remotely about a deal not being done.

Anyone with half a brain knows the deal will get done close to late Wed (Just like the AFL want it) so stop making rubbish up.

Last edited:

Yes Barrass wanted to stay, that’s why there was conversations with the Doggies.

Stop being naive.

What resources are you inferring to? How do you know what's been offered? Or whether we have offered a fair deal but WC want way more?

At that point whose being unreasonable and not doing right to the player?

Stop being naive.

Why are you so invested and care so much about this when it doesn’t even involve a club you support.

You have no idea when and what was discussed so stop making statements as if you do.

I want to hear more about that time the great Thilthorpe wasn’t playing and the Crows lost by 10+ goals at home. Only he was. Where has that other invested crows supporter gone? So many ridiculous views on here which are going to look even worse when the trade goes through

I want to hear more about that time the great Thilthorpe wasn’t playing and the Crows lost by 10+ goals at home. Only he was. Where has that other invested crows supporter gone? So many ridiculous views on here which are going to look even worse when the trade goes through
That Crows guy did a runner once I pointed out to him he was fibbing. 😂

That Crows guy did a runner once I pointed out to him he was fibbing. 😂
He pretty much did the same thing earlier this year and then pissed off with his tail between his legs after adamantly fighting the good fight for the first 10 rounds of the year.

What a stooge

You're a special one aren't you :drunk: Barrass will be a Hawk by Wednesday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back