Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

How cringe is the Hawks Carlton deal now with North likely to give up a future 1st + extras for pick 13

If Hawks just had some patience they could have easily flicked Pick 14 for Norths future 1st and Eagles would immediately accept Norths future 1st + Hawks F2nd for Barrass + F3rd without batting a eyelid

We are now expected to pay up for Hawks terrible mistake.... it aint going to happen

How cringe is the Hawks Carlton deal now with North likely to give up a future 1st + extras for pick 13

If Hawks just had some patience they could have easily flicked Pick 14 for Norths future 1st and Eagles would immediately accept Norths future 1st + Hawks F2nd for Barrass + F3rd without batting a eyelid

We are now expected to pay up for Hawks terrible mistake.... it aint going to happen
If we got North's F1, I doubt we would be offering it to WC unless there is something significant coming back. It is potentially a top 3 pick

He'll be your best defender, will save you a lot of goals. A few midfielders will rack up more possessions and appear to be better, but will have less impact.

Two firsts, when they are in the late teens, isn't ridiculous for a player of his quality. Slightly overs because he's 29 but that was the Eagles' opening bid. Hawthorn appear to have offered their unders opening bid (14 and a second, with a third coming back) but then abandoned the process. A first and second with nothing coming back is the fair value. I'd prefer a little more, you'd prefer a little less I imagine, which suggests it's probably about right.
I agree with your second point - first and second is always where I thought it would end up and is probably palatable to both sides.

On your first point - James f**ing Sicily.

Nah, it’s a nicer way of saying you’re not getting way overs for Barrass, so stop banging on about getting way overs for Barrass.
We wont get overs ONLY because of your horrible trading it seems. Now at the stage of Hawks having to do a trade with Richmond to get Baker without any input from the Eagles and then also getting Carltons F1st

We cant pay for Hawks mistakes

What's the bet the deal was already done months ago and this is just theatrics.

AFL is like the WWE.

Shai Bolton is going to turn heel and tell everyone he is a vampire tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Connors be upset with Hawks

Likely just the media making up crap. If the player managers really have that much power and will be bitter little bitches then the AFL have to step in and take away their credentials.

Tampering is against the rules. And 3rd parties manipulating things should be stopped.

We've already seen at Freo what happens when you get a player manager off side.

I think Connors being pissed at Hawthorn isn't going to end well for them...
How many of the Hawk's players are under Connors?

Colin Young went to town on our list but he seems like the main winner of all those trades. Most of the players didn't set the world on fire in their new locations.

Eagles defenders dont play 1 on 1. They play a zone, Barrass and Gov can float around reading the ball doign what they do best this way. 1on1s happen when another defender stuffs up or the ball comes in too quick for a 3rd defender to come across and impact.
1on1 stat doesnt represent what Barrass does very well

Well finishing 17th 18th 16th the last 3 years maybe playing a Zone is not working for the Eagles. ;)

This is also proof that Hawks turned pick 14 into basically pick 20

2 1st rounders has to be it. Its harsh but Hawks only have themselves to blame

So blues future 1 will be pick 20? I hope eagles take hawks future 1st because blues don’t have a game plan and they could easily miss the 8

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back