Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if Carlton win the flag next year that is still plainly ****ing ridiculous.
I mean lets be honest. If you asked 100 people, what would you rather

Norths F1st or Carltons F1st + F2nd

110 out of 100 people would say Norths pick. 110 because im assuming people will rise from the dead to agree with me

Enough holes to go and tap up a player and pay him $900-$1m for 4 years minimum.

It’s the hole your coach identified and barrass is a player your coach chased. It is on your club. Only going by pretty strong circumstantial evidence here.

We both know you can’t come away with no first rounder pick this year and no barrass.

it’s clear your club thinks 2025 is an opportunity. And to just not let him go for a pick that will be 50 in 2025. Don’t know about that. You will bend over.
Holes to be used as a word is extreme and disrespectful to the performance of the back six this year. This speaks louder than any of your words!

1728882089616.jpeg

Sam loves versatility in his players and getting Battle and Barrass is all about flexibility and being able to flip the magnets and to use Siss, Weddle etc in other areas of the ground. We are not desperate for Barrass. Nice to grab him but no big deal if we don’t …… especially if it’s more than a first

We've already seen at Freo what happens when you get a player manager off side.

I think Connors being pissed at Hawthorn isn't going to end well for them...
Yeah because Player Managers holding grudges against clubs will be great for their long term viability as managers

Fancy having the gall to tell prospective players “ let’s deal with any club but hawthorn because they did a pick swap and annoyed me”

Get off it

Yeah because Player Managers holding grudges against clubs will be great for their long term viability as managers

Fancy having the gall to tell prospective players “ let’s deal with any club but hawthorn because they did a pick swap and annoyed me”

Get off it
Lol, the players will always find a home mate.

You're being wilfully ignorant if you think pissing off a player manager won't have negative implications for your club's ability to trade in players in future.

PC will just tell their clients to look at other clubs.

I mean lets be honest. If you asked 100 people, what would you rather

Norths F1st or Carltons F1st + F2nd

110 out of 100 people would say Norths pick. 110 because im assuming people will rise from the dead to agree with me
Stop acting entitled just like your mate Stallon.

Why will we hustle to get North's F1 to only trade it to you guys? Whatever added collateral we get from our trades is for ours to keep, not hand it over to Eagles since your list manager seems incapable of doing his job.

if you need the current 2 first rounders then your 26 and F2 is coming back, add F3 swaps and other steak knives.

Lol, the players will always find a home mate.

You're being wilfully ignorant if you think pissing off a player manager won't have negative implications for your club's ability to trade in players in future.

PC will just tell their clients to look at other clubs.
Your being wilfully ignorant if you think a giant player agency will tell their players to look at other clubs, because two muppets on SEN WA theorised that Connors might be annoyed

They are not barring 5% of their clientele

Especially one in the prospective window

Our backline wasnt the issue. We cant transition the ball at all and we cant defend clearances

Sounds like you need a player like Liam Baker in your team :cool:

The narrative is that Connors, West Coast and everyone associated with the Barrass trade on the WCE side were blindsided by Hawthorn's move. When you start with a lie it's easy to make the rest of the shit up. Its trade week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get off it
We don't know what the hold-up is, but if it turns out the Hawks reneged on a trade deal that caused them to have to abandon their offer to Barrass, then yes, the manager would certainly advise other players he manages to be wary of agreeing deals in future because his experience would be the club can't be trusted to honour its commitments. That's not draft tampering, that's business and consequences.

Same would be true of clubs dealing with other clubs.

Of course, none of us will ever know what promises were made or broken or what the player managers will say in future.

Paul Roo's reckons nothing less then top 7/8 draft pick for Barrass , contracted called Hawks bone-heads for trading pick 14 .
Eagles coach should meet with Tom Barrass if the trade continues to stall .
Haha always rated Roossie one thing for sure Sydney wouldn't be accepting these deals either .
So you’re the guy.

Trade radio has people thinking list managers are in this business to pull other list managers pants down.

They aren't all Dodoro's looking to 'win' trade week (even Dodoro's shenanigans are sensationalised IMO). Winning trade week doesn't get you anywhere.

While it's not very flashy the reality of the situation likely is the Eagles have told Hawthorn they want X and Hawthorn have told them we have Y. They were aware Hawthorn would entertain a pick swap to obtain different assets to fashion a deal with.

It doesn't drive as much engagement or create as many clicks as 'McKenzie goes rogue and does a backroom deal with Carlton'.

A deal will be done by the end of the trade period. Hawthorn supporters will probably be disappointed they gave up too much. Eagles supporters will probably be disappointed they received too little.

That's how it's always gone for years.

Your being wilfully ignorant if you think a giant player agency will tell their players to look at other clubs, because two muppets on SEN WA theorised that Connors might be annoyed

Yep. Imagine not including us in the Harley Reid discussion.

"So we have a number of suitors in Victoria, not Hawthorn, who are super keen on Harley and making huge offers. What have you got?"

'Not Hawthorn?'

"Yeah I didnt read their email. I dont like the way they do pick swaps."

Always good for a laugh when some turkey copy/pastes your own post back at you because they can't think through the scenario for themselves 😂

Yep. Imagine not including us in the Harley Reid discussion.

"So we have a number of suitors in Victoria, not Hawthorn, who are super keen on Harley and making huge offers. What have you got?"

'Not Hawthorn?'

"Yeah I didnt read their email. I dont like the way they do pick swaps."
Why would they waste their time working with Hawthorn when there's other clubs who make deals far easier?

Who do you think influences a player's decision as to where they request a trade to?

They choose said clubs because the LMs promise the managers they'll get the deal done.

This really isn't difficult to understand.

Paul Roo's reckons nothing less then top 7/8 draft pick for Barrass , contracted called Hawks bone-heads for trading pick 14 .
Eagles coach should meet with Tom Barrass if the trade continues to stall .
Haha always rated Roossie one thing for sure Sydney wouldn't be accepting these deals either .
Sydney accepted just pick 14 for Tom Mitchell

Always good for a laugh when some turkey copy/pastes your own post back at you because they can't think through the scenario for themselves 😂
Your lack of basic understanding of business practice is hilarious

But I guess that’s why your on BigFooty during work hours

Or in a line somewhere

Barrass will be a Hawk
Connors will continue to deal with Hawthorn

You will bitch and winge when the deal gets done

Why would they waste their time working with Hawthorn when there's other clubs who make deals far easier?

Who do you think influences a player's decision as to where they request a trade to?

They choose said clubs because the LMs promise the managers they'll get the deal done.

This really isn't difficult to understand.

Im sure they will turn down more money for their clients because of a grudge.

That for sure wouldnt lead to a lawsuit down the track. Not to mention AFL sanctions.

Im sure its the sort of shit Ricky Nixon did though. He seems the type.

Your lack of basic understanding of business practice is hilarious

But I guess that’s why your on BigFooty during work hours

Or in a line somewhere

Barrass will be a Hawk
Connors will continue to deal with Hawthorn

You will bitch and winge when the deal gets done
Oh I'm sure Barrass will end up at Hawthorn but if he doesn't, it's not WCE Gieschen will be unhappy with...

Holes to be used as a word is extreme and disrespectful to the performance of the back six this year. This speaks louder than any of your words!

View attachment 2140866

Sam loves versatility in his players and getting Battle and Barrass is all about flexibility and being able to flip the magnets and to use Siss, Weddle etc in other areas of the ground. We are not desperate for Barrass. Nice to grab him but no big deal if we don’t …… especially if it’s more than a first

Yeh? Won’t be playing twice the cellar dwellers in 2025 mate to pad the stats.

Im sure they will turn down more money for their clients because of a grudge.

That for sure wouldnt lead to a lawsuit down the track. Not to mention AFL sanctions.

Im sure its the sort of shit Ricky Nixon did though. He seems the type.
Colin Young's clients literally just did this with Freo.

I swear you people live in an echo-chamber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back