Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Sicily isn’t just a third tall or rebounding defender and has played as a KPD.

Hence his value not being just “a loose defender”.

No he is not, and I was :)

Sicilys 2023 defensive loss % was 15.4 and 17.6 in 2024

Barrass last two seasons
34.4 % - 2024
28.3 % - 2023

21.7 % - 2019
24.4 % - 2018

His best seasons.

Their offensive game is not close in Sicilys favour.
Look at their 1 on 1, contested or spoil stats, they aren't in the same conversation as a KPP.

I suppose with Baker not hitched to this trade any more we can hold onto our two future firsts demand and keep Barrass to his contract if Hawks dont accept. McQualter seemed super keen to hold onto him.
It's exactly this, we'll tell Hawks to pay up or piss off. After they tanked a perfectly reasonable offer from us, I have no idea why Hawks would expect us to suddenly accept considerably less. It'll be 2 firsts or a first and 2 2nds with one being used in the Baker deal.

Nuffies are living in fantasy land.

Look at their 1 on 1, contested or spoil stats, they aren't in the same conversation as a KPP.
Sicily played more as a KPD in 2023, his average was (LEFT) and Barrass (RIGHT)

2.7 one on ones - 1.8
15.4% DLP - 34.4%
4 spoils - 7.2
1.8 contested marks - 1.5
10 marks - 7
9.4 intercepts - 7.7

No I’m not saying Sicily is a better defender in being able to play on KPF and beat them one on one, or kill the contest, being a gorilla defender.

But you’re severely underrating how good he is, it’s less about how good Barrass is and more about how truly elite Sicily is.

Sicily played more as a KPD in 2023, his average was (LEFT) and Barrass (RIGHT)

2.7 one on ones - 1.8
15.4% DLP - 34.4%
4 spoils - 7.2
1.8 contested marks - 1.5
10 marks - 7
9.4 intercepts - 7.7

No I’m not saying Sicily is a better defender in being able to play on KPF and beat them one on one, or kill the contest, being a gorilla defender.

But you’re severely underrating how good he is, it’s less about how good Barrass is and more about how truly elite Sicily is.

If you think Sicily is even in the conversation with Barrass as a KPP then I'm not entertaining the conversation.

I suppose with Baker not hitched to this trade any more we can hold onto our two future firsts demand and keep Barrass to his contract if Hawks dont accept. McQualter seemed super keen to hold onto him.
But dear god at what price. Sincere commiserations if that rumoured trade is true. Brutal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back