Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

“This is what’s going to happen. West Coast is going to ask for two first round picks. The Hawks’ first this year and their first next year and then potentially give a second round back. Hawthorn’s first round pick next year essentially becomes West Coast’s second round pick which will be early in the 20s, a bit of a pick slide but the part which will irk Hawthorn fans and Hawthorn list management chiefs is two first round picks, that’s a lot on the surface. Optically that’s good for West Coast because he’s a contracted player.”

Pretty much sounds like its going as predicted by alot on here (the sensible ones anyway)
Watched that segment. The first words out of Clark's mouth were "I believe that...". No sources. No info. Just good vibes

I believe we’ll make a play for a marquee KPF. Going to be extremely tough to acquire, but we’ll need all the picks we can to hopefully pull it off

Oh come on, put your money where your mouth is and nominate the marquee KPF the Hawks are after for next year.... I'm sure doing so won't derail any trade opportunities for the Hawks.

Going off the Coleman results, only possibilities are King (contracted to 2026 and not a chance Hardwick is letting him go early as he will back himself in to turn the GC around and arguably no marquee), Larkey (contracted to 2029, so no and marquee?) or JUH (contracted to 2026, marquee?).

And sorry, Bayley Fritsch ain't marquee.

Hogan, Curnow, McKay and Cameron are marquee and they aren't going to the Hawks.

1726012707430.png

Oh come on, put your money where your mouth is and nominate the marquee KPF the Hawks are after for next year.... I'm sure doing so won't derail any trade opportunities for the Hawks.

Going off the Coleman results, only possibilities are King (contracted to 2026 and not a chance Hardwick is letting him go early as he will back himself in to turn the GC around and arguably no marquee), Larkey (contracted to 2029, so no and marquee?) or JUH (contracted to 2026, marquee?).

And sorry, Bayley Fritsch ain't marquee.

Hogan, Curnow, McKay and Cameron are marquee and they aren't going to the Hawks.

View attachment 2107352

Thank you. I’ll forward this to the list management team and let them know to take the next year off.

Every Eagles fan is suggesting that to be fair. I dont think he is worth 2 1sts either and id rather a 1st + 2nd as well cos I wouldnt want to give up a pick like Collingwood did and rely on us playing better and you guys sucking

One thing Im 100% sure on is it will be 2 picks outright in that way
Collingwood's 2nd rounder is the deal with the 1st rounder. Potentially get a 3rd rounder back as part of it. We are not trading off future 1st round picks when we have plans for other potential suitors next year. It's a fair deal for both parties.

Collingwood's 2nd rounder is the deal with the 1st rounder. Potentially get a 3rd rounder back as part of it. We are not trading off future 1st round picks when we have plans for other potential suitors next year. It's a fair deal for both parties.
Depends how Hawthorn rate the draft. They could very well see a guy at pick 30 that theyd rate as a top 10 player sliding down to them for example and believe that this is the path to go down in regards to 2 1st rounders instead of 1....

If they went the 2 1st rounders route it would also be because Hawks really want a 2nd rounder still

Depends how Hawthorn rate the draft. They could very well see a guy at pick 30 that theyd rate as a top 10 player sliding down to them for example and believe that this is the path to go down in regards to 2 1st rounders instead of 1....

If they went the 2 1st rounders route it would also be because Hawks really want a 2nd rounder still
We would get something back in return if there was any chance of 2 first rounders being involved that's correct but that's not what the deal will entail. Were still quite a young list and we're not at that stage of trading out of drafts just yet. Club believes the window has opened early and is trying to cash in early but it's still about the long game and sustained success. Going to the draft is still part of that plan.

We would get something back in return if there was any chance of 2 first rounders being involved that's correct but that's not what the deal will entail. Were still quite a young list and we're not at that stage of trading out of drafts just yet. Club believes the window has opened early and is trying to cash in early but it's still about the long game and sustained success. Going to the draft is still part of that plan.
We have nothing to give back in this draft besides upgrading your Collingwood pick to our pick 23...

If you wanted to stay in this draft itd be a future pick is all

I can see a deal of

2 firsts + 30 for Barass, 23 and future 3rd

If you want a third rounder back your second rounder becomes a first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exactly, Have consistently maintained that Barass is worth a pick around 15-18, Eagles may think 15, Hawks 18, end up around 16-17.

Maybe the best would be
R1+30+F2 for Barass+23

Angry that we have to add to R1 but offset by the pick upgrade which could land one of the talent who may slide.

Nope. Your first is also getting later by the week especially as I very much expect you to account for Kens mob.
And your point, TB is getting older and older... WC would prefer a 1st who they can recruit - who might be a 10 year player vs a player who will be past his Best in 3 years time...

Every Eagles fan is suggesting that to be fair. I dont think he is worth 2 1sts either and id rather a 1st + 2nd as well cos I wouldnt want to give up a pick like Collingwood did and rely on us playing better and you guys sucking

One thing Im 100% sure on is it will be 2 picks outright in that way
He absolutely is worth 2 firsts if the picks fall back to 16-18 areas.

Hang on a minute, but there's people in the media/and this forum that Geelongs first is enough for Bailey? Who's younger and less of an injury risk... 🤔
Smith is OOC, and is coming off a year off.
Barrass has been playing as an a grader for years now, and is a better player.

Theyre worth similar but that value is pick 10 + change areas

Smith is OOC, and is coming off a year off.
Barrass has been playing as an a grader for years now, and is a better player.

Theyre worth similar but that value is pick 10 + change areas
Worth is subjective, Eagles are rebuilding and the dogs are challenging. So you would argue WC would value picks higher than having a player whose getting older on their list, than say the Bulldogs would would value keeping Bailey over getting one pick for him? Yes his OOC but Geelong don't have the first pick in PSD so Bulldogs have leverage to ask for more than one first.

Eagles don't have much leverage apart from TB contract which they would want to be released from if they can get a reasonable pick for. And so hence Hawthorn have leverage to underpay.

Hang on a minute, but there's people in the media/and this forum that Geelongs first is enough for Bailey? Who's younger and less of an injury risk... 🤔
And Daniel Rioli is worth more than pick 6 apparently

A club with an uncontracted player has more leverage than a club with a contracted player

Learn something new every day I guess
I was merely stating that TB is no way worth two first, if Bailey is worth one. Especially when you take into consideration their age and injury concerns.

Fair deal is a our first and 2nd for TB and Eagles 3rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back