Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be silly, also can you explain your opinion more, in confused where it differs from my own.
Well you're saying it's only for 3 years(your club has offered 4 with a trigger for a 5th), it McCabe is going to come on, just save yourself the list spot and offer him the same money but a shorter contract.

Well you're saying it's only for 3 years(your club has offered 4 with a trigger for a 5th), it McCabe is going to come on, just save yourself the list spot and offer him the same money but a shorter contract.
Okay I see where you got confused, no I said the club would be expecting 3 quality seasons out of Barrass with the 4th potentially being a transition year with McCabe. The 5th is a trigger if his body holds up he will trigger it so that's a bonus.

The club absolutely sees benifits with having Barrass around for a potential 5 years why wouldn't you. Doesn't mean the expectations can't change from what they expect year 1-2-3 and 4-5.

Expecting someone to honour their contract isn't pushing them out.

Gee some people are stupid on this board...
You are being so disingenuous. West Coast could happily satisfy his request without hurting the club, they are only in this position because of promises made to him. You are being super naive if you truly believe West Coast want him to stay.

You are being so disingenuous. West Coast could happily satisfy his request without hurting the club, they are only in this position because of promises made to him. You are being super naive if you truly believe West Coast want him to stay.
He's welcome to stay on the money he's on.

Don't confuse 'open to trading' someone with 'pushing them out'. The guy is a vice captain and it is mutually beneficial for Barrass to move on so the club is open to making that happen. He has a contract though so if a trade doesn't eventuate, he stays on.

Don't confuse 'open to trading' someone with 'pushing them out'. The guy is a vice captain and it is mutually beneficial for Barrass to move on so the club is open to making that happen. He has a contract though so if a trade doesn't eventuate, he stays on.
He is not staying

No, because I presume Hawthorn will offer a trade that satisfies WCE.

If they don't, he staying or can got to another club.
This is an absolutely ridiculous statement. This has never happened once a player has chosen Hawthorn. Yes, they will satisfy West Coast. There is no guarantee it will satisfy all their supporters though. The Eagles and Hawks have a great relationship. This deal will get done.

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement. This has never happened once a player has chosen Hawthorn. Yes, they will satisfy West Coast. There is no guarantee it will satisfy all their supporters though. The Eagles and Hawks have a great relationship. This deal will get done.
It's not a ridiculous statement whatsoever.

So if this has 'never happened' once a player has chosen Hawthorn, that generally means they'll do what it takes to make the other party satisfied, no?

It's not a ridiculous statement whatsoever.

So if this has 'never happened' once a player has chosen Hawthorn, that generally means they'll do what it takes to make the other party satisfied, no?
Didn't i just say that lol. They will get it done. All this posturing by supporters from both sides won't matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you obviously know WAY more than Sam Mitchell does... 🤣🤣

Why are they acting like he’s 35? Guys REGULARLY play longer now. Two teams just won 2022 and 2023 with the oldest teams in the comp by average age.

He’s what 28? 5 years puts him at 33. That’s the same age as some of the guys on Hawthorn’s list right now lol

33 in 2024 is not the same as 33 back in the 00’s. Modern medicine and player welfare has allowed players to play longer and at a higher level.

Why are we desperate. I would be happy to keep barrass.

We have so many kids on the list that we will struggle to give them all adequate game time while still keeping enough senior players in to develop and have on field leadership .

We are not going full norf and just filling most of the team with under 23s .

Looks like Richmond is going the full norf though
Nah your not happy to keep him and want the pic blind freddy can see that
Pick #13 is gold for the eagles with a depleted list and no draft picks to rebuild

Eagles will take #13 + F3 and be extremely happy with that
But the supporters on bigfooty wont be and will cry 2x 1st rounders is his price but he has just 1 buyer - Hawks nd wont go to another team. You cant shop him and you cant keep him as the relationship is damaged and no return

You clearly hope to get 5 years, hence the trigger.
We would have needed to offer him an extra year or two to get him to want to come over.

He’s going to slow up at some point. I’d expect years 4 and 5 he will be down on what he was previously.

So you obviously know WAY more than Sam Mitchell does... 🤣🤣
So you know that Mitchell wants to pay two first rounders?

Mitchell wants a KPD that’s why he chased Esava and McKay. Now he’s after Barrass. Just how desperate he is in hus chase no one knows.

Still doesn’t make it any less of a big price to pay.

Last edited:
Yes, he is.

It's him that wants to leave for more. Not that hard to understand, I'd have thought.
For a player supposedly worth 2 x 1st round picks that's being paid unders and the eagles have no other quality players to pay then why wouldn't they honors the handshake agreement that was made by the prior administration who was the West Coast eagles club representatives at the time to keep such a quality player ? Its clearly abvious the eagles see him as cultural and are taking the opportunity to cash in. The eagles are a very willing seller here

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back