Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

The second one a bit more valuable.
If you guys had a pick in the early to mid 20s instead of 30 then id have them roughly equal.
I expect you guys to finish at least a similar ladder position again next year, harder draw but better list shouldnt see you go backwards imo.
Agree the second one has more value and it's because of the substantially higher value of 1st round picks vs. all others.. hence hawk supporters not wanting to handover 1 x 1st rounder and shuffle back from a 2nd x 1st rounder to a pick with virtually no value

Agree the second one has more value and it's because of the substantially higher value of 1st round picks vs. all others.. hence hawk supporters not wanting to handover 1 x 1st rounder and shuffle back from a 2nd x 1st rounder to a pick with virtually no value
the value difference between them isnt as big as you seem to think it is. You are blinded by the fact its called a first rounder.
Forget the rounds, use pick numbers it might help you gauge value better.

If you think Barrass isn't in the top 6 key defenders in the game you haven't seen him play and this is coming from a freo supporter. What makes him exceptional for his position is his ability to both intercept and lock down his man. Your club is the one that thinks his worth a 4 to 5 year deal so its not just WC supporters who think he's a very good player. It will be the Hawks 1st rounder and at least your second rounder with a later pick coming back probably their 4th rounder would be my guess. Barrass is an outstanding player who very rarely has bags kicked on him despite playing on a team who's midfield has been obliterated in recent times.
Didnt even make the AA squad and has only ever made the AA squad once and never the AA team.

You realise West Coast currently have two of the best intercept defenders in the comp at the moment, right?
Can either of them hit a target 45m away with two opposition players a metre either side? The answer is no, no they can not.

You do not have a James Sicily on your list.

Hawks wouldn't trade James Sicily for pick #14, he's a year older than Tom too.
Very simplistic way to put it without considering the backround

If Sicily and the hawks were in dispute about the salary and sicily demanded to be traded out and already walked out
YES they would trade him for #13

Can either of them hit a target 45m away with two opposition players a metre either side? The answer is no, no they can not.

That's exactly what McGovern did in our grand final win that lead to the Sheed goal

Gov is like a James Sicily that kicks the goal when having a shot to win his team the game instead of choking

;)

the value difference between them isnt as big as you seem to think it is. You are blinded by the fact its called a first rounder.
13 + 13 for Barrass + 20 for those playing at home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen them kick either apparently.

You underestimate what you're signing up for. Barrass reads the game very well and is an excellent mark and kick. The only real knock on him is that he isn't as mobile as Sicily, which is exactly why the Hawks are after him. Barrass will be the stay at home defender while Sicily goes back to being a floating defender where he will be far more dangerous.

Gov is like a James Sicily that kicks the goal when having a shot to win his team the game instead of choking

;)
Only kicked a match winner with a dislocated shoulder and a rolled ankle earlier in the year. :(

Haven't seen them kick either apparently.

You underestimate what you're signing up for. Barrass reads the game very well and is an excellent mark and kick. The only real knock on him is that he isn't as mobile as Sicily, which is exactly why the Hawks are after him. Barrass will be the stay at home defender while Sicily goes back to being a floating defender where he will be far more dangerous.
I know what Barrass can bring, I also know his back could be one big hit away from retirement and he is 29. Barrass and Battle mean Sicily will hardly have a man and Weddle moves up the ground which for anyone that hasn’t followed this season is bloody scary. IF the trade is two firsts (which I doubt) the only way we can judge it is with hindsight, and we don’t have that yet.

Now, as for the comparison someone brought up and what we would trade Sicily for, it’s irrelevant. You do not have a Sicily on your list.

Edited the bolded*

I didnt need to read any further than this to know youre full of it

Every single player is 1 big hit in the back away from retirement. Barrass is no more vulnerable than anybody else
Sorry, I edited that part because you are right, I don’t actually know for sure.

I know what Barrass can bring, I also know his back could be one big hit away from retirement and he is 29. Barrass and Battle mean Sicily will hardly have a man and Weddle moves up the ground which for anyone that hasn’t followed this season is bloody scary. IF the trade is two firsts (which I doubt) the only way we can judge it is with hindsight, and we don’t have that yet.

Now, as for the comparison someone brought up and what we would trade Sicily for, it’s irrelevant. You do not have a Sicily on your list.

Edited the bolded*
It's only irrelevant because you don't want to answer the question.

At the end of the day, Hawthorn are going to get an AA quality defender and will be a scary good team next year. We're trying to rebuild our list. Our list management team would be negligent in not asking for two firsts. I put Hawthorn's first next year at 13 which is generous. You should finish top four with Barrass and Battle.

It's only irrelevant because you don't want to answer the question.

At the end of the day, Hawthorn are going to get an AA quality defender and will be a scary good team next year. We're trying to rebuild our list. Our list management team would be negligent in not asking for two firsts. I put Hawthorn's first next year at 13 which is generous. You should finish top four with Barrass and Battle.
It is irrelevant because as I have said, you don’t have a Sicily on your list.

You're the one blinded here.. pick 13&30 is worth more on points value than 13&13 with 23 coming back..

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back