Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrass couldn’t have possibly approached the Hawks as his sister has settled in VIC?
Umm, not sure if you've forgotten the past few months prior to Hawks interest but his manager approached WB first before Mitchell flew to Perth to meet with Barrass.

If it was to end up as 13+30 I wouldnt be upset. I wouldnt want it to be any less that that though.

Largely forgotten when it comes to draft time is that even with picks pushed back due to academy/father son bids, pick 13 is STILL getting the 13th best player in the open pool even if it falls to 18 or 19.

The clubs know this.

If 13 and 30 (as an example) was the offer West Coast were content with, they aren't suddenly going to push back because those picks could be 18 and 37 on the night.

It sounds like they are 'worse', of course, however that isn't really how it works.

Are they motivated? You personally spoke to them, have you?

it ain’t a deal until it’s signed. Just ask barrass.
I think they are motivated, yes. From the sense of his value likely never being higher than it is now. Coming off a year of relative health and solid form. Being one of their only viable trade assets with real value. WCE’s need to acquire draft assets to accelerate a list build still in its infancy, before an expansion team enters the league and compromise drafts for several years.
It says nothing bad about your club that this is happening. It makes sense for them to do it, and to do it now rather than at some point in the future. It would say something bad about them if they don’t take this opportunity or if they were to mess this transaction up by taking any of the advice that you are sending their way in this thread. They are a well run club. They will return good assets in this trade for a player who is clearly not going to be part of your next premiership team. That’s what good and smart clubs do. It’s what Richmond are about to do too.
The only time clubs really want to ‘bend over’ teams via trade is when they are losing a player entering their prime who they really don’t want to lose. Think Judd leaving for Carlton or Petracca hypothetically leaving Melbourne. Barrass isn’t in that same circumstance. Keep in mind, clubs have to maintain relationships with other clubs, agents and present as places that treat players well to be attractive to future acquisitions. Attempting to ‘bend teams over’ doesn’t achieve any of that.
Giving irrational fans who want to shit-post on forums their jollies isn’t high on their list of priorities

Largely forgotten when it comes to draft time is that even with picks pushed back due to academy/father son bids, pick 13 is STILL getting the 13th best player in the open pool even if it falls to 18 or 19.

The clubs know this.

If 13 and 30 (as an example) was the offer West Coast were content with, they aren't suddenly going to push back because those picks could be 18 and 37 on the night.

It sounds like they are 'worse', of course, however that isn't really how it works.

Also, 13 is pushed out but 30 may come in because of matching picks.

The clubs know this.

Yeah ok, did you mean to reply to me or somebody else

Are you sure it’s our first draft round pick? Nothing conclusive but rumour has it Eagles were super keen on Josh Ward.

I have no inside info, it’s just rumour. How ever it does make me wonder if it’s maybe two players.
Youre right, maybe Ward or someone of a similarly high value will be the main part of the trade, we can only guess trade value based off picks until we know more though. As far as we know Ward probably doesnt want to come to WA I dont think, if he wanted more opportunity he could get it in victoria.

So who are your best young players who will lead you to the promised land ?
Do you actually care?
People who ask this very rarely actually care, theyre usually just looking for a way to pick at whoever gets listed and dismiss them all as either long shots or crap to try to win an argument

Yes.

I was using your post as the basis to bring up a point many people miss.

It seems that the actual value of the picks and where they end up is important to some, but it isn't that cut and dry.
Well to clarify, I meant your picks that relate to the positions that I said, im not counting bids

Youre right, maybe Ward or someone of a similarly high value will be the main part of the trade, we can only guess trade value based off picks until we know more though. As far as we know Ward probably doesnt want to come to WA I dont think, if he wanted more opportunity he could get it in victoria.

I am not sure we even want to lose Ward. Just rumour and reported during the attempted to get pick one off the eagles, Wards name was mentioned by Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you actually care?
People who ask this very rarely actually care, theyre usually just looking for a way to pick at whoever gets listed and dismiss them all as either long shots or crap to try to win an argument

Sure. We all know Reid, but who are the others?

There are WCE supporters in here talking about how good the Eagles list is. Which, given the age of the list and where you sit on the ladder feels a little overly optimistic.

Do you actually care?

I like Chesser and I think he will come good for you and reach the potential shown in his JNR day.

I still think Brocky will be a player, just have to unlock his consistency. I like him better as a F- Mid it unlocks his X factor in game

Ginbey could the equivalent to our Will Day for the eagles

The others I like are Hewitt, long, Hall, Bazzo, Cullen and obviously Harley Reid

Sure. We all know Reid, but who are the others?

There are WCE supporters in here talking about how good the Eagles list is. Which, given the age of the list and where you sit on the ladder feels a little overly optimistic.
I dont think anybody was in here talking up the Eagles list, we have all been saying we need more 1st round picks.

Hough, Ginbey, Hewett, Maric, Long and Reid(the other one) are names to add to Harley who I think are highly likely to be very good players if they stick around and if injury doesnt stop them, only counting guys aged 21 or under.
Theres a bunch more who I think are/will be AFL quality, but probably not to the level of these guys, or I havent seen enough

I like Chesser and I think he will come good for you and reach the potential shown in his JNR day.

I still think Brocky will be a player, just have to unlock his consistency. I like him better as a F- Mid it unlocks his X factor in game

Ginbey could the equivalent to our Will Day for the eagles

The others I like are Hewitt, long, Hall, Bazzo, Cullen and obviously Harley Reid
Chesser is an unknown, havent really found a role that suits him yet. Wing doesnt suit him from what we have seen, he was tried as a defender at the end of the year.

Brockman had some issues this year, but didnt really show a lot. Hopefully next year is better now hes a bit more settled.

Ginbey doesnt have the class of Day, I dont think he ever will. Hes far more athletic and powerful though. Looks very good off half back

Culley is not that good, he tries but a bit slow, I have low confidence. Hall I like but hasnt had much opportunity to play midfield at AFL level yet, no rush though. Long, Bazzo and Hewett injury affected unfortunately so havent seen as much as we'd have liked

Even if Barrass is upset with the club , he is contracted ..Hawthorn have pursued Barrass so Eagles want to be compensated because two months ago Barrass was our player for another three seasons .

Barrass's manager has reached out to Hawthorn, via the connection with west coast from Mitchell and Hickmott, and this has occurred as west coast has backed away from the handshake deal he had with Nisbett and O'Brien to improve the terms of his contract.

The issue could have been resolved if Don Pyke and Matthew Clarke had honoured the deal instead there intent in using Tom Barrass to get early draft picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back