MRP / Trib. Tom Hawkins suspended for 1 week for striking Schofield

Who will come in IF Hawkins gets rubbed out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkins and Schofield are good mates, we'll put in a good word for him and I'd expect he'll get off with a fine also considering a prelim final is at stake.

However not a good look to whack your mate. Good to see them embrace post game. Good game btw. Way too good for us.

Dean Solomon and Cameron Ling are mates too, but that didn't stop Solomon caving Ling's cheekbone in with an elbow a decade ago.

I think the thing going against Tom is all the media experts are convinced he'll get at least a week. If he is only going to cop a fine, can you imagine the backlash?

Yet you have someone like Toby Greene who has a rap sheet as long as your arm, gets taken straight to the tribunal for the more severe charge of eye-gouging and only gets a slap on the wrist.

Not trying to be smart, but the opinion on here seems to be that he'll get suspended because the AFL us corrupt, and yet the discussion on the main board is about how ge will get off....because the AFL is corrupt.
The afl is inconsistent
Bont non suspension
Green same
Nat same
You can’t let all this go and not appear inconsistent

Not trying to be smart, but the opinion on here seems to be that he'll get suspended because the AFL us corrupt, and yet the discussion on the main board is about how ge will get off....because the AFL is corrupt.

No corruption. It was bloody stupid and it's not the first time. People on here always say we're hard done by the MRP, well if he didn't do something silly, there wouldn't be a problem. The only problem here is Hawkins has yet again performed another undisciplined act. It's not good enough from a senior player and if we go down by a kick or two next week, he won't be very popular with his team mates or the coaching group.

The match review process is a joke and has been for years. The inconsistencies are glaring.

Christian would probably have given Greene a week, but it went to the tribunal, he pleaded guilty and apologised and got a fine.

Hawkins almost certainly won't go to the tribunal. Most likely he'll get a week.

Having said that, it was a stupid act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl is inconsistent
Bont non suspension
Green same
Nat same
You can’t let all this go and not appear inconsistent

Bont's was a late hit on the kicker which happens 150 times a season. If you think that was worth a week then Hawkins hit is worth 2-3 minimum.

Not trying to be smart, but the opinion on here seems to be that he'll get suspended because the AFL is corrupt, and yet the discussion on the main board is about how ge will get off....because the AFL is corrupt.
It’s more nuanced than that here. People generally accept he’s toast but compare to other examples of players getting off as the Cotchin corruption.

Even the AFL website is saying he should get at least a week, going by this rubbish article...

I love Tom (and hate his stupidity at times) as much as anyone but him missing week wouldn’t be the end of the world. Our ‘bomb it to Hawkins’ strategy is the most predictable in the league almost, and becoming a bit more unpredictable could be a blessing in disguise.

Potential options if Hawk is out:

- Stanley FF and Smith in to ruck
- Henderson forward, or Harry forward and Hendo back
- Constable into the middle and Danger to forward line

As long as the so called answer doesn’t include Buzza, Fort or Abbott, I’m willing to give it a go.

Whatever happens, why did he do it?
Stupid, stupid...maybe cost us a GF. I hope there are some words spoken by his peers along the lines of 'you are a knob!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back