MRP / Trib. Tom Hawkins suspended for 1 week for striking Schofield

Who will come in IF Hawkins gets rubbed out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people who voted Henderson... Is that to play Henderson at CHF? Or play him in defence and Taylor CHF?
I don't think it matters. They can both play both positions, I guess it depends whether we need a more mobile forward or defender.

Obviously at this stage 44% of people are saying Rohan and that people views all ok with that.. But HTF could we even think of playing Rohan... 3 months.... Yes 3 months his form has been terrible and you all just think his form will suddenly change and be back been a star what he was before the bye?
I can't believe it really... No way he will get a game in my eye. He had 3 disposals for the game against the pies and only 1 tackle....

Look your entitled to your view, I will take that into consideration

i2DgDP.jpg

With the corrupt afl being hell bent on getting a tuggers vs collingwood gf you can bet your arse he’ll get a week. The 2 biggest clubs squaring off in the gf is the afl’s wet dream. The umpiring next week will be as corrupt and one sided as it was last night. Just watch.

Unfortunately I think you’re 100 percent correct

The Fox Footy team led by campaigner Ralph desperately trying to get him rubbed out.

The Richmond supporting campaigner Ralph you mean? I had a gr8 laugh when he went on a big whinge on fox...some commentators are v good at hiding their own bias, some like Ralph, Dermot, eddie, etc are so bad at it no one rightly takes them seriously

So what Schofield randomly concussed himself? I know we all want him to get off but he clearly made decent contact with the forearm
To be honest I won’t be shattered if he doesnt play but obviously I want him to.

But watching the the incident it honestly looks like he hardly even touched him. How was he concussed? Didn’t he play the game out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't we supposed to get quick MRO findings now with that fancy new setup they've got? Christian still watching replays in the bunker or what, come on.
Think it works in our favour. If it were a week we'd know by now, the fact it's taking a while means the decision is 50/50.

So what Schofield randomly concussed himself? I know we all want him to get off but he clearly made decent contact with the forearm

When was Schofield concussed?

Stealing from Liger post on the previous page:
No blood,
No injury,
No trainers came to him,
No medic looked at him,
No medical report (at this stage)
No time off the field,

If he was concussed then there's going to be a decent fine going the way of WCE for negligence around player safety & allowing a concussed player to stay out on the field

besides - there's more contact to the back of the shoulder than to the Schofield's ear anyway

I only saw the incident this morning as it wasn’t shown on the big screen at the ground. The radio described it as a swinging fist to the head - actually Tom’s forearm makes contact with Schofield’s shoulder/neck region.

Will likely get a week I think but I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility that he’s free to play.

Schofield looks like he was ducking before any contact was made. Like he was trying to draw a free kick. He stayed on the ground to milk it and then got up and played on. Hawkins forearm wasnt raised past his stomach height when contact was actually made. A fine yes, suspension no.

If he was concussed, why did the WCE medicos not take him off the ground earlier for an assessment. He played out the game. Concussion won't be on the medical report, because it would be incompetence on WCE's part.
He didn’t come off because it was a close final, and apparently the medicos didn’t see it. Stayed on the ground a while and got up fairly wobbly.

Looked fairly concussed in my eyes, but like you said he played out the game so highly unlikely they put it on the medical report because it will make them look bad.

He didn’t come off because it was a close final, and apparently the medicos didn’t see it. Stayed on the ground a while and got up fairly wobbly.

Looked fairly concussed in my eyes, but like you said he played out the game so highly unlikely they put it on the medical report because it will make them look bad.
If you watch the replay Tommy's forearm makes contact with the shoulder. His fist, although in the vicinity of his head, doesn't actually make contact.

When was Schofield concussed?

Stealing from Liger post on the previous page:
No blood,
No injury,
No trainers came to him,
No medic looked at him,
No medical report (at this stage)
No time off the field,

If he was concussed then there's going to be a decent fine going the way of WCE for negligence around player safety & allowing a concussed player to stay out on the field

besides - there's more contact to the back of the shoulder than to the Schofield's ear anyway

I agree west coast should get fined if they admit he was concussed. Obviously I have no proof it just looks to me and to many neutrals that he was concussed.

I think the medical report will end up being favourable due to them not taking him off and him being a geelong boy. I still say he was concussed, just my opinion though

If you watch the replay Tommy's forearm makes contact with the shoulder. His fist, although in the vicinity of his head, doesn't actually make contact.
Yeah if you read my post before I said forearm, pretty clear his fist doesn’t connect. But the forearm definitely hits the side of his head not just the shoulder

There's a longer clip of the incident on this page - sorry not sure to copy only the video

Schofield seems ok when he gets back to his feet - doesn't seem to staggering or anything as noticeable wrong, which may be why the WCE trainers & medical staff didn't worry about checking on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back