List Mgmt. Tom Lonergan recommits to Geelong after chase by the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just been thinking about Lonergan.

I reckon he will go for sure.
Would have seen the writing on the wall when they went so hard at Frawley.

And he has first hand experience at seeing how quickly Scott moves on older players.

Domsy stood out on the MCG at 5 pm on a Sat in Sept with a Premierhsip medal…. watching his mate Darren Milburn in the stands. He knows how quickly it can go pear shaped.

3 years for him at this point is a LONG time. Domsy lets HT be the 3rd man up. Him leaving destabilizes the back a lot.

Go Catters

I would have no ill feeling towards Lonergan if he took that deal.
Absolutely. After what he has given to the club and what he has been through he owes us nothing.

The security of a 3 year deal at this point must be irresistible.

If he goes, I'm excited about the opportunities it will provide our young guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point about 3 years considering our stance on older players has now got me thinking he is gonna take it.
The club has to accept it before it's even on the table for him.

Absolutely. After what he has given to the club and what he has been through he owes us nothing.

The security of a 3 year deal at this point must be irresistible.

If he goes, I'm excited about the opportunities it will provide our young guys.

Yep good call. He's not going to be around much longer anyway and we've got to start transitioning. If he gets offered a massive deal at the dogs we shouldn't stand in his way. Hopefully get a nice pick upgrade for him but it's time Brown, Hamling and Kolo got exposure down back.

Has been offered an one year deal solely playing contract.
The next a Hudson type rookie list coaching contract and then a third as a full time assistant coach. Back line.
Next year will be his last year on a senior list.

Time for Hamling and Kolo to step up maybe.

I mean really, were we a chance to win next year? Most would say no, maybe this is a blessing in disguise moving beyond 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back