Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably.

Funnily enough there were a number of reports throughout the year linking Rocky and Adelaide. I wonder if those actually had a grain of truth, only for Rocky to be punted once Adelaide thought they could get their hands on Gibbs.

I would like both and think Adelaide should trade the 2017 first for Rocky so we can show carlton that they aren't getting it. Get the rockliff deal done if it is the easier one. I can't believe that he would only be worth a maximum pick of 18. Crazy

he drew with martin, zorko and robinson so I don't think it's really credible. He definitely hasn't given them anything near what they expected and the trade has turned into a bit of a disaster. 2017 will be huge

Beams played 16 out of the 22 games for Brisbane in 2015 and had he been fit for the entire season, would have been the runaway Best and Fairest winner in that year. In 2015 Robinson played 21, Zorko played 22 and Martin played 20.

he drew with martin, zorko and robinson so I don't think it's really credible. He definitely hasn't given them anything near what they expected and the trade has turned into a bit of a disaster. 2017 will be huge
I know. Was just saying that a Lions can swing he's given the club "nothing" is a bit inaccurate.

Beams played 16 out of the 22 games for Brisbane in 2015 and had he been fit for the entire season, would have been the runaway Best and Fairest winner in that year. In 2015 Robinson played 21, Zorko played 22 and Martin played 20.
What's your point. That his best season for Brisbane returned 16 games reinforces how bad a trade it's been for them to date.

There's also the small fact that Beams is a considerably better player than Rockliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree he's played 18 games out of 44 he's been a huge bust at the moment and is on the most money at the club
Also have to factor in the division among the playing group that is created when an under-performing player is getting overpaid. Especially when that player was bought as opposed to being homegrown/drafted by the club.

No he really isn't Rockliff and Beams would be on a par and Zorko and be our best player
Rockliff is a fantasy football player. Beams is (when fit) a damaging midfielder who can blow a game apart through sheer class. Neither Rockliff nor Zorko possess that ability. What I will say about Zorko is I love his competitiveness.

Rockliff is a fantasy football player. Beams is (when fit) a damaging midfielder who can blow a game apart through sheer class. Neither Rockliff nor Zorko possess that ability. What I will say about Zorko is I love his competitiveness.
Beams turns the football over more than any of our midfielders he doesn't have the pace or goalkicking talent of Zorko

Beams turns the football over more than any of our midfielders he doesn't have the pace or goalkicking talent of Zorko
You're welcome to that opinion. Zorko is a handy little player but he's not on the same level as a healthy Dayne Beams. Let's hope he regains his health as he's a joy to watch.

Actually Beams stats make him look better than he is although not to the same extreme as Rockliff. His great point of difference is that he scores a lot of goals as a midfielder. If he couldn't do that then he'd just be an average run of the mill midfielder - just an average kick, average in clearances, average on the spread etc. Also copped a lot of criticism at the Pies for not being a defensive runner and has a very ordinary finals record for a player of his purported quality. He's a very good player but there's no doubt that the stat sheet and the Collingwood factor made him appear a lot better than he really was.

If Hanley is 100% he is better than both Rockliff and Beams imo.

Actually Beams stats make him look better than he is although not to the same extreme as Rockliff. His great point of difference is that he scores a lot of goals as a midfielder. If he couldn't do that then he'd just be an average run of the mill midfielder - just an average kick, average in clearances, average on the spread etc. Also copped a lot of criticism at the Pies for not being a defensive runner and has a very ordinary finals record for a player of his purported quality. He's a very good player but there's no doubt that the stat sheet and the Collingwood factor made him appear a lot better than he really was.

If Hanley is 100% he is better than both Rockliff and Beams imo.
I disagree.

What's your point. That his best season for Brisbane returned 16 games reinforces how bad a trade it's been for them to date.

My point was explaining why Beams won the 2015 best and fairest with three others. His 2015 season with the Lions (before his injury) was very good. In one of his two matches this year, he picked up 30 touches. We know how good he could be. That's why the Lions paid a good price for him.

Let's wait until the end of his 5 year contract with the Lions (when Beams be 30) to work out whether it was a good trade or not. The good news for Brisbane is that he's likely to put in a full pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back