Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

No shit, that's why I said nearly. Won't matter, they won't be able to fit pav into fwd or mid so he'll get chb. Seriously though, talia has taken some big scalps and had an excellent year. He'd be deserving if he got it. Bet he's in the initial list.

Pretty sure I said it was debatable that he was 'nearly' AA CHB; don't get me wrong he's had a great year - but I could think of 6-7 players more deserving of that AA spot.

I'd be surprised if he was in the squad of 40.

I'm not saying Hill should be higher than Naitanui but the only reason Hill isn't very consistant is because he is (heavily) tagged almost every game, every time he isn't tagged he will cut up the opposition like he did against North on the weekend (5 goals assists).

My point is that if the reason Hill (his name is Stephen BTW) is not on your list based purely on inconsistency than I can hardly see why Naitanui should be on there either.

LOLOL you amused me. bias of the highest order. nic naitanui is a gun. the whole league knows it. he's a ruckman/midfielder, he can jump higher than most of the ruckmen and can take good contested marks, he also has excellent speed. Stephen Hill is fast, he's a line-breaker, you can get quite a few of those in the draft.

Cotchin, Naitanui, Rioli, Beams, Dangerfield and Fyfe in that order. You can question my bias on Cotchin but the guy is 2nd favourite to win the Brownlow and has won the AFLCA and is on the verge of getting a back-to-back B&F, on top of that he is the favourite to captain the Richmond footy club.

LOLOL you amused me. bias of the highest order. nic naitanui is a gun. the whole league knows it. he's a ruckman/midfielder, he can jump higher than most of the ruckmen and can take good contested marks, he also has excellent speed. Stephen Hill is fast, he's a line-breaker, you can get quite a few of those in the draft.

Cotchin, Naitanui, Rioli, Beams, Dangerfield and Fyfe in that order. You can question my bias on Cotchin but the guy is 2nd favourite to win the Brownlow and has won the AFLCA and is on the verge of getting a back-to-back B&F, on top of that he is the favourite to captain the Richmond footy club.

A very good top 5, I think you overrate Beams and Rioli. Not sure how Beams would go without Pendlebury and Swan in the team. Everyone will site one game where one or the other were missing as 'proof' Beams can do it without the others but i'm not so sure. Daniel Kerr was considered a top 3 midfielder. Judd, Cousins and Kerr. But in time, he fell back to the pack without the other two. Still an A grader, similarly i think Beams is also an A grader, but not elite like the others mentioned. Dangerfield, Cotchin, Naitanui, Fyfe, i'd probably add Callan Ward to my top 5. But i guess it's a bit of a raffle. Could include any of the following:
Rioli, Beams, Hill, Hurley, Martin, Rockcliff, Redden, Rich, Barlow, H.Taylor, T.Walker, Reid, Sidebottom, S.Selwood, Schuey, Lewis Jetta and i'm sure plenty i've missed.

A very good top 5, I think you overrate Beams and Rioli. Not sure how Beams would go without Pendlebury and Swan in the team. Everyone will site one game where one or the other were missing as 'proof' Beams can do it without the others but i'm not so sure. Daniel Kerr was considered a top 3 midfielder. Judd, Cousins and Kerr. But in time, he fell back to the pack without the other two. Still an A grader, similarly i think Beams is also an A grader, but not elite like the others mentioned. Dangerfield, Cotchin, Naitanui, Fyfe, i'd probably add Callan Ward to my top 5. But i guess it's a bit of a raffle. Could include any of the following:
Rioli, Beams, Hill, Hurley, Martin, Rockcliff, Redden, Rich, Barlow, H.Taylor, T.Walker, Reid, Sidebottom, S.Selwood, Schuey, Lewis Jetta and i'm sure plenty i've missed.

I reckon that Beams has had to carry the midfield a bit in the second half of the year and he's been averaging 31 disposals, but what do i know when i just look at stats and see Greene averaging 28 disposals.
Callan Ward hasn't exactly stood out per say but he's been somewhat under the radar of how good he is. He certainly isn't as good as Beams even when he had Boyd who was carrying the team.
Rioli is just all class. Seems to be doing it consistently nowadays.

A very good top 5, I think you overrate Beams and Rioli. Not sure how Beams would go without Pendlebury and Swan in the team. Everyone will site one game where one or the other were missing as 'proof' Beams can do it without the others but i'm not so sure. Daniel Kerr was considered a top 3 midfielder. Judd, Cousins and Kerr. But in time, he fell back to the pack without the other two.

FWIW, Beams has taken the number one tag numerous times this year. He destroyed Crowley and Scott Selwood and I don't use the word destroyed lightly.

Round 13, Scooter put a lot of work into stopping Beams and it was all in vain.

Definitely went to him in round 22, but in fairness it wasn't as tight as his first effort.
He didn't play a tagging role in either game, in fact both teams were very lose in their setups. He may have shadowed Beams, along with a couple of other players at a few stoppages but outside of that he really just had a down game, carrying injury in rd 13 and played and ok supporting role in rd 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are people still doing this whole thing where Beams is only good because Swan and Pendlebury are there? Both Swan and Pendlebury have missed games this season. Beams' performance hasn't dropped. Beams has copped genuinely tight tags (Crowley, Clint Jones) and easily beat them.

Good player but degenerative knee is a worry.

Only have to look at how it has taken Adam Cooney from brownlow medalist to super sub.

Worries the hell outta me. Krezuer came to the club and for me, he was the most impressive of all our top draftees. It would be a loss for footaball if he couldn't reach the level he was tracking for and certainly given it's not like a Kozi went at pick two, would be a big loss having to watch Cotchin tear it up for the next 6-7 years.

1. Beams
2. Dangerfield
3. Naitanui
4. Cotchin
5. Rockliff
6. Fyfe
7. McEvoy
8. Sloane
9. Martin
10. Walker
11. Ward
12. Rioli
13. Sidebottom
14. Bennell
15. Shuey
16. Heppell
17. Redden
18. Hartlett
Favoured heavily towards what they've done so far, rather than "potential".

If you're looking at performance, then why are McEvoy and Heppell in there?

Yarran's shown more game breaking ability than Heppell and McEvoy.

I would level the club if we gave up Henderson for a lot of your list.
People still rate Kreuzer?
44 hitouts against McEvoy isn't a bad day at the office for a player who probably needs a minor knee operation to clean up his knee.

Felt Kreuzer beat Bellchambers in vital contests after the Bombers' ruckman beat Goldstein the previous round. Centre bounces aren't Kreuzer's strength, but he's a monster at stoppages where he can use his strength and position himself to win the tap. One touch player below his knees.

McEvoy concedes big numbers regularly to the oppositing ruckman so those numbers from Kreuzer are no surprise.

There are a number of much better young ruckmen going around than McEvoy but the issue with many - say Mumford/Bellchambers/Leuenberger among others has been injuries. Very few of the top flight young ruckmen have that high level of production with durability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back