Top 5 Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

garth p said:
I would be horrified if the Saints tried to employ Pagan.

garth p said:
Lack of coaching ability was why Pagan put Side Show Fev onto Fraser.

St Kildonan said:
Pagan is a great motivator, but what really has he done in 2004? He took a mediochre team into a mediochre position - wow.

Hornet said:
LMFAO...Good way to get over a hangover. Saints supporters don't rate Pagan. Hehehehe

I have to agree with Garth P, I too would be horrified if the Saints tried to employ Pagan (except as an assistant). We've got the right man for the job in-situ. There are no questions of loyalty with him, as there must be with $Pagan$, and the results speak for themselves.

Any time someone states that Blind freddy could coach that list, I assume that they must be trolling, because the statement is so ignorant that if they truly believed this then their credibilty is nought (about the same as their IQ) and not worthy of reply in either case.

Vics Back to Back said:
Using the 2004 coaches over their career
1. Malthouse
2. Sheedy
3. Williams- Alan scott you were wrong
4. Matthews- Gifted maybe, but he got Collingwood out of a losing culture with an ordinary list
5. Pagan
6. Thompson
7. Roos
8. Worsfold
9. D.Laidley
10. P.Schwab
11. N.Daniher
12. P.Rhode
13. D.Frawley
14. C.Connolly- Fat little bastard
15. G.Ayres- Let the club get to old and drop to far
16. G.Thomas- Overrated and gifted with a good list

LOL @ Daniher being ranked below Thompson, Worsfold, Laidley, Roos and Schwab

Danners has taken the Demons to 4 Finals series, including a Grand Final

get a clue

no1 better in the business than matthews

1. Matthews (Brisbane) brilliant coach, simple as that
2. Sheedy (Essendon) experienced coach who has led essendon for over 20 years
3. Williams (Port) led them 2 a premiership i guess..
4. Pagan (Carlton) awesome coach, tough, experienced and finally carlton hav a decent list for him 2 control
5. very hard decision possibly daniher or maltyyyy

bangko-bangko said:
4. Pagan (Carlton) awesome coach, tough, experienced and finally carlton hav a decent list for him 2 control

You're joking right??

Gotta be. Carlscum still have a crap list. :rolleyes:

garth p said:
Your joking. aren't you. How about rating them in their proper order.

3. Pagan (proven record)

5. Thomas (took the saints within an inch of a grand final berth two years before the experts predicted)....history will be kind to Grant.
I would be horrified if the Saints tried to employ Pagan
Are you confused Garth???

You rank Pagan higher than Thomas and then you rubbish him :rolleyes: Pick an argument and stick to it.

Hornet said:
Are you confused Garth???

You rank Pagan higher than Thomas and then you rubbish him :rolleyes: Pick an argument and stick to it.

Just what do you find difficult to understand, drop kick.

Pagan has the runs on the board whilst Thomas is still earning his stripes.

Therefore one must rank Pagan in front of Thomas. That does not mean that I want him at the Saints. I don't and neither does 30,000 other saints members.

And, for the record, Carlscum has a cr#p list, or are you in total denial??? ;)

Hornet said:
Like I said...Pick an argument and stick to it :rolleyes:Moron

Wasn't a stroke of genius now was it??? F-wit.... :rolleyes:

ps. Just goes to show that it won't be long before veryone rates Thomas in front of Pagan. One on the rise, the other's star waning. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

linga_is_no1 said:
Mick Malthouse is out of that list and rightfully so. Mick Malthouse is a s89t coach not even worthy of coaching an afl team. He is the most over rated coach in the afl.

92 & 94 still hurting you??

:D

leonmagic said:
Thompson better than Matthews, Pagan, Malthouse and Sheedy?

:confused:

thompson is a better coach than pagan and sheedy at this point in time.
my point being sheedy and pagan had players to bring about there success eg: lloyed...hird....carey
whereas i think bomber thompson hasnt had those types of classy players.

After observing the amount of people who have place Thompson
in their top five as coach, I can’t help but think Thompson is going
to wish after 05, that the Cats were less successful in 04 . You see
after Geelong’s surprisingly good season this year, the expectations
on Thompson will be enormous. The question is what will happen to
this top five coach when his overrated team fails miserably this
season? Will Cat fans be calling for his head and saying you failed
to take a talented team to a successful finals campaign. But talented
based on what? Last seasons effort!! No Thompson took a bunch
of hacks and got the best out of them and he will be struggling to
do it twice. You see he has created his on dilemma by producing a rather
successful season and converting Cat fans into believing they have
a good side. Now that the supporters believe they have a good team,
the obvious “we want more” attitude will follow. So when Thompson
doesn’t deliver, it will be his head when in actual fact he is responsible
for getting the best out of an ordinary team.

I based my views on the Cats being “ordinary” because they failed to
take their opportunity in last years PF against a very poor Lions effort.
Any other quality opposition would have pounced, eg Port in the GF.

Cat fans are in for a big let down and Thompson’s coaching career
will come under fire before the end of this season.

The top five coaches must be the ones with premierships as they are they only proven good ones. Until a coach has a premiership to his name he can't be considered better than one who does.

garth p said:
Wasn't a stroke of genius now was it??? F-wit..

ps. Just goes to show that it won't be long before veryone rates Thomas in front of Pagan. One on the rise, the other's star waning.
Not even if he wins 3 flags would you rate Thomas ahead of Pagan. Theoretically wouldn't this also mean he's rated ahead of Malthouse,Sheedy and Matthews?
Spurious argument. Even if we don't get a flag with Pagan we'll certainly set up for a sustained assault of the finals like Collingwood were supposed to.:rolleyes:

DAWS #7 said:
thompson is a better coach than pagan and sheedy at this point in time.
my point being sheedy and pagan had players to bring about there success eg: lloyed...hird....carey
whereas i think bomber thompson hasnt had those types of classy players.
What success has Thompson had ? :rolleyes:

Matthews.
Has done a fantastic job winning the 3 GF’s

Pagan
Brilliant effort at somehow getting a talented young list together despite the huge draft penalties

Sheedy
Great coach. Even though Essendon’s list is a bit old and slow these days, and lacks a midfield, still managed to get them to win a final. Other coaches would be struggling to get that team past 11th with the quality of the list he had to work with.

Thompson
Has done a great job keeping things together despite some erratic performances over the past few years

Daniher
Getting Melbourne into the finals was a sensational effort. Most were expecting a bottom-4 finish with the quality of their list.
:)

this is a difficlut one really. coz if u think about it some coaches cant do anything coz they havent got the players.
also any1 who puts sheedy out with daniher or thompson in is just showing that their envy of essendon is overwhelming. he has won us 4 premierships. more than some clubs have in their whole history.

so based on premiership sucsess
sheedy and matthews (with matthews u could probably say any1 could coach a side like brissy but still been a champ)

Maulthouse- got wc 2 premierships and collingwood to 2 ( i say collingwood wouldve won in 02 if cloke was in)

Pagan- 2 premiships with nth melb

williams- port premiership.

also i would like to chuck paul roos in because he has done really well with the swnas so far. even wen he took over that time half way through the a few years ago the swans qon quite a few games with him

cypher said:
Not even if he wins 3 flags would you rate Thomas ahead of Pagan. Theoretically wouldn't this also mean he's rated ahead of Malthouse,Sheedy and Matthews?
Spurious argument. Even if we don't get a flag with Pagan we'll certainly set up for a sustained assault of the finals like Collingwood were supposed to.:rolleyes:

What success has Thompson had ? :rolleyes:

Now I know that Cypher has never been one for logic or reasoning, but he has proven it with the Thomas statement above. His biased view states that even if Thomas outperforms Pagan (wins 3 flags), that Pagan would still be a better coach (or that Thomas would be the worse coach).

His second statement is also lacking in any logical foundations as well - that if Thomas won three flags, then 'THEORETICALLY' he would be rated ahead of Malthouse, Sheedy and Matthews. Huh?

Matthews has won 4 flags Cypher !

StKildonan said:
Now I know that Cypher has never been one for logic or reasoning, but he has proven it with the Thomas statement above. His biased view states that even if Thomas outperforms Pagan (wins 3 flags), that Pagan would still be a better coach (or that Thomas would be the worse coach).

His second statement is also lacking in any logical foundations as well - that if Thomas won three flags, then 'THEORETICALLY' he would be rated ahead of Malthouse, Sheedy and Matthews. Huh?

Matthews has won 4 flags Cypher !
Another member of the Bigfooty St Kilda mafia appears and just as jealous and bitter. StKildonan if you cared to click the back arrow you'd realise garthp-brain claimed Thomas was going to be rated higher than Denis the Great in coming years. Which is a ridiculous as the saints managing to win a flag under doubted thomas. I mentioned Matthews,Sheedy and Matthews because Pagan is widely regarded as being the best coach in the league and one of the best this year

parrot said:
Matthews.
Has done a fantastic job winning the 3 GF’s

Pagan
Brilliant effort at somehow getting a talented young list together despite the huge draft penalties

Sheedy
Great coach. Even though Essendon’s list is a bit old and slow these days, and lacks a midfield, still managed to get them to win a final. Other coaches would be struggling to get that team past 11th with the quality of the list he had to work with.

Thompson
Has done a great job keeping things together despite some erratic performances over the past few years

Daniher
Getting Melbourne into the finals was a sensational effort. Most were expecting a bottom-4 finish with the quality of their list.
:)
Thompson and Daniher over Mark Williams. Don't give up your day job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back