List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you on about, no one player wants to leave the club...in fact we can’t even force them to leave. Culture is sound.
You were suggesting the club may have good reasons for wanting to off load Stephenson. That is what I am talking about. Clubs aren't usually desperate to offload a top ten draft pick unless their attitude is appalling. Attitude is related to culture.

Thread delivers.

48d.gif

After tomoz popcorn intake I may be more like...

BiodegradableWealthyGermanshorthairedpointer-small.gif

It's ok as we have the option to keep them. Treloar and Stevo will be on all club radars..

You’re making an assumption that might not be sound - we might not have the option to keep them. One or both may have to go to free up sufficient cap room to re-sign DeGoey.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why have we created so much bad blood between players and the club?

This is completely on the club.

You can’t get rid off blokes who desperately want to stay, I’m sorry, that’s just unhealthy.
Nafan

started with the rat pack, been going on for years, happening now

I hope Treloar wins a flag at the Dogs! Bottom 6 here we come next season, but I'm happy with that result, Bucks is gone, kids get games, push again in 4 years with Moore as our captain

You were suggesting the club may have good reasons for wanting to off load Stephenson. That is what I am talking about. Clubs aren't usually desperate to offload a top ten draft pick unless their attitude is appalling. Attitude is related to culture.
Stephenson may have attitude issues I’m not sure, but one player doesn’t define the culture of an organisation. If he does have attitude issues and they can’t be resolved then I think a strong culture removes the issue.

Are the people requesting pick 2 and LDU in a Stephenson trade (along with other backwards and forwards) serious? People are still putting these ideas up, not sure why

We might get a look at pick 11, if we can package up Stephenson with a few other things, and even then that might be a stretch. I'd say he's staying in B&W as of 7.31 tomorrow night

Regarding Treloar, Dogs will want points too, we'd likely need to add a 2nd or 3rd rounder? And would we even get a look at pick 14? All depends on the contribution to his salary too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Bulldogs are determined to keep the Treloar and Dunkley trades separate or the Dunkley trade looks like falling through then the best we can hope for might be pick 14 and we retain our future 1st.

The question then is do we bundle up two 1st round selections in looking to get inside the top 10?

Probably as pick 14 onwards is seemingly in the ball park of where a bid for Reef might eventuate.

Wouldn't surprise if the Hawks come late with an offer for Phillips of a pick in the 40's and we accept (assuming we asked for a second round selection to begin with).

I hope any trade for Stephenson falls flat on it's arse.
Essendon might split pick 8 for two late firsts.

Essendon give Pick 7 and a late first for Dunkley

Dogs give Late first and pick 14 for Treloar.

Pies end up with three teen picks (Two from Treloar trade and our own current pick).

Or dogs give pick 7 and pick 14 for Treloar and our future first.

Pies end up with pick 7, 14 (current pick 16).

My concern is that oppo clubs know we simply have to trade one of these guys.
We will not get anything close to fair value if this is the case, and that's unforgivable.
That really shouldn't matter, if they want quality they will pay for it, sure they're all hanging back now but when clock ticks louder we will get our way, at least we ****ing better.

Despite the media hype, I don’t believe we need to trade any of our players if the deal isn’t right. I don’t believe for one second that the relationships between those on the trade table and club are fractured and toxic...this happens every year.

Heads have to roll over this, i'm not sure if Ned Guy is to blame, didn't most of this shit happen on Hines watch? Would make sense seeing we moved him on pretty quick as list manager.

Honestly, I’m preparing for absolutely nothing to happen. I think maybe we pooped our dacks and ran for the exit too early. Hope I’m wrong though...

Honestly, I’m preparing for absolutely nothing to happen. I think maybe we pooped our dacks and ran for the exit too early. Hope I’m wrong though...

That might be best Result for us

Despite the media hype, I don’t believe we need to trade any of our players if the deal isn’t right. I don’t believe for one second that the relationships between those on the trade table and club are fractured and toxic...this happens every year.

Mate it is pretty clear to me and most people that someone has got to go to alleviate cap space issues. Not to mention JDG isn’t even signed up yet.
Not a chance Treloar would even be up for trade if we were on top of our TPP.
This then means that other clubs KNOW we HAVE to remove them due to their price and they’re the only players that have any currency. People complaining about Cox, Philips, WHE, JT don’t understand that nobody wants them.
The only reason Dogs are even contemplating Treloar is due to getting him cheap and Dunks possibly leaving, not because they truly want him as he doesn’t really fit a list need when you think of it, but if the opportunity arose which it has, why not jump on it to give yourself a better team.
Stepho is in the same boat, he has great currency and teams are happy to trade for him. However due to the ridiculous $$ contracts they’re on, teams don’t want to pay a high price so some of these ridiculous trades I’m seeing on this board are just ludicrous. Two firsts for Treloar on a 900k contract? Try a late first round MAX.
People I think will be severely disappointed if a fire sale happens tomorrow night which I’m fearful of. We will not be getting true value for Ads/Philips or Stepho, that’s for certain.
And if we do keep them, we’ll have to severely reshape contracts and back end lots of players which will put us in harm further down the track again and who will agree to doing it after this whole Treloar fiasco? Nobody. It’s a huge huge mess.

Last edited:
Are the people requesting pick 2 and LDU in a Stephenson trade (along with other backwards and forwards) serious? People are still putting these ideas up, not sure why

We might get a look at pick 11, if we can package up Stephenson with a few other things, and even then that might be a stretch. I'd say he's staying in B&W as of 7.31 tomorrow night

If that is the case mate, it should be no deal!
If our guys take pick 11 for Stephenson and possibly trade even more then stevo!
Straight after the deal they should all hand in there resignation they are a joke!

Well said, if the trades go the way their being reported, I'm emailing club tomorrow noon and cancelling my family's memberships, just had enough of the BS with this club.
I don't think the club is even competent enough to get 1 trade done - unless we trade him for pick 750. Only think this will achieve is a bunch of disillusioned, demotivated players. 2021 will be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back