List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still feel I am in a nightmare and this will all go away. We were supposed to be strengthening our squad and now we will lose potentially two top 10 players on our list. Genius work by all involved.
I feel the same. Really flat about our club. Losing AT and Stevo will be a kick in the nuts.

I would much rather trade Stevo and Treloar and keep Atu...Atu would be low trade value with potential upside the other will only decrease in value over time.

would be a great outcome if we could get a high end first round pick for Treloar, Stephenson around the 10 mark (hoping the opposition don’t rate him as poorly as I do) and Phillips a second rounder (similar to Stevo, I think).

Treloar is an incredibly damaging player for us, will need replacing. The other two are part of the soft underbelly that we need to address.

Lots of doom and gloom probably justified.
Will I just believe in a Xmas miracle
JMcC GWS list manager former pies player
Ned G former manager
Collingwood are silent night
We have 16 and future 1st we don't want
Can we shift Treloar or Stevo for 1st rounder
Melb not far from surf coast.
JC under my tree would make my day.
Why wouldn’t we want a future 1st? Daicos will go top 5 and we need points

I understand the feeling, as soon as we said we wanted to move on Ben Brown his value went down like the Titanic.
That's coz his run up goes for about as long as that fillum.

If the Bulldogs are determined to keep the Treloar and Dunkley trades separate or the Dunkley trade looks like falling through then the best we can hope for might be pick 14 and we retain our future 1st.

The question then is do we bundle up two 1st round selections in looking to get inside the top 10?

Probably as pick 14 onwards is seemingly in the ball park of where a bid for Reef might eventuate.

Wouldn't surprise if the Hawks come late with an offer for Phillips of a pick in the 40's and we accept (assuming we asked for a second round selection to begin with).

I hope any trade for Stephenson falls flat on it's arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is the most flat I have ever felt about following the Pies. What is happening with our list is just self inflicted. Its just such poor management to be forced to trade due to cap issues.

It just feels like the club has no direction and is without true leadership. This is just awful.

Agree. Heads need to roll and it shouldn't have been Treloar or Stevo.

If we end up keeping Phillips and trading Stephenson for anything less than a top-10 pick then something has gone very very wrong at our Club.

Benny Hill music or Funeral March? I can’t decide!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we lose Stephenson:

- our last top 10 pick was JDG in 2015

- we would only have 4 active first round picks from the 2010s ( JDG,Moore, Grundy, IQ)

This would be on hawthorns level of lack of talent. They have 3 premierships in the 2010s.

If we lose him you add Berg and that's a 3 and a 7 out the door in one hit. Hawthorn has Clarko, we have Bucks.

I think this is the most flat I have ever felt about following the Pies. What is happening with our list is just self inflicted. Its just such poor management to be forced to trade due to cap issues.

It just feels like the club has no direction and is without true leadership. This is just awful.
It has direction. South.

It’s a delicate situation that we have never been in before. Obviously that’s why things are intense on here. Without being privy to the inner sanctum it’s always going to be hard to know why these players are being rumored to leave. Maybe it’s justified in the inner circle. But now that I have said that I am going to be seen and a Bucks and Eddie lover 😂

I keep thinking back to the end of 2015 and it’s not while it’s not our club, The Bulldog’s captain walked out on them and if people remember, the melts were huge from the Doggie’s camp. We all know what happened next.

Whatever happens tomorrow I’ll still go in with an optimistic view because football is a ******* weird game, and anything can happen.

That probably doesn’t answer your question at all because I have NFI what approach the club should take. And I have had a few cans tonight 😂
If there are "inner circle" issues that is still a reflection on the club and its much touted culture.

If we traded Treloar straight for pick 14 and then bundled 14, Stephenson and our future 1st, could we get pick 2? Would we need to throw in pick 16 as well?
I would do this trade:

NM: Stephenson, Pick 16, Pick 14, Pies 2021 1st
Coll: Pick 2, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Pick 28

We get a shot at McDonald or a gun in the draft, lose our best small forward, and get in a mid who will be a superstar I reckon.

If we traded Treloar straight for pick 14 and then bundled 14, Stephenson and our future 1st, could we get pick 2? Would we need to throw in pick 16 as well?
I would do this trade:

We get a shot at McDonald or a gun in the draft, lose our best small forward, and get in a mid who will be a superstar I reckon.
That would be a great trade, but how stupid do you think North are?

I would do this trade:

You had me/lost me at bundled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back