List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's a real chance that we're simply dumping his salary, or maybe it's true that the players/coaches don't see eye to eye with him, but let's not forget there's a chance that North have come after him knowing we can't afford to match what they offer.

We are reportedly paying him more than Norths willing to pay.
600k from us. 500k from north.

WHE has as much, if not more ability, then Lachie Fogarty, and he got to the scum.
Anything is possible.
Lachie Fogarty is 6 years younger and would be on half the salary of WHE at best and even then he only moved Geelong up 8 places in the the second round.

You and tradedraft are getting embarrassing today. The club does not need supporting like this.
Yep let’s just support the club harder, maybe will get a late first rounder instead of a second rounder for Stephenson.

Players have won Rising Stars and slowly fallen away, Anyone think this might be case with Stepho?

Could be more to the gambling stuff?
Lewis Taylor

Mayne and Greenwood are probably on about 120k each and both are great role models on and off the track. That leadership is priceless.

LOL they are in Nathan's best 22....they are not on $120k.....that much is certain.
The average wage is $350k......they're on good enough coin....believe that
You only need to see how we pay our players....

Mayne and Greenwood are probably on about 120k each and both are great role models on and off the track. That leadership is priceless.
I think they would be on more than that, but agree with the point u are making

It's bullshit.
We are a boys club----they masquerade like they care but their only serving their own self interests.
Nobody takes accountability.
We just had a review 3 years ago and look where we are now....

Wait for them to announce another review....

Agree somewhat. Pies treating members like the club is a public listed company like BHP.

Get back to basics.. give us news and keep us updated monthly. AGM,'s are always shite

This whole "salary dump" thing has really only seemingly came into play the last few years, in particular with Scully and Patton. What a shit time to be a seller. Both of which have Gubby's grubby hands all over them, by the way.

Bring back the good old days when if a good or above average side lost a good player, their trade value was based solely on the player they are, not their pay cheque, contract length, attitude, unwillingness to go, etc.

I reckon in modern times Wellingham would've went for a fourth rounder.

People burning their memberships are the same people that were no doubt bagging Stephenson for how bad he was during the year. Stop getting so attached to players support the club.
Insiders have been saying all year how bad his attitude is and that the club will do anything they can to rid themselves of him. Sure he has played 1 great year but his (extreme) softness and competitiveness is a real concern.
Having said all that I do agree that if its for a pick in the late 20's or 30's we are being absolutely fleeced. Pick 11 i say its a win for us.
You’re completely right we shouldn’t get attached to players, we also shouldn’t expect Collingwood to make sound decisions given their track record the last 10 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think i need to pray tonight.......I'm starting to really lose trust in this mob.
The more i want to think they wont **** this up----i have memories now of Sam Murray and a second rounder and Derek Hine justifying by saying "have you seen him play"?

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to be a member to be there? However, might likely be streamed by the club this year given covid situation barring select few allowed to be there.

Am a member, just tend to get bent at club functions. I'd prefer not to risk a ban this time around.

I think i need to pray tonight.......I'm starting to really lose trust in this mob.
The more i want to think they wont fu** this up----i have memories now of Sam Murray and a second rounder and Derek Hine justifying by saying "have you seen him play"?
Point flexibility

Hey soups what do you think the club approach to this should be
It’s a delicate situation that we have never been in before. Obviously that’s why things are intense on here. Without being privy to the inner sanctum it’s always going to be hard to know why these players are being rumored to leave. Maybe it’s justified in the inner circle. But now that I have said that I am going to be seen and a Bucks and Eddie lover 😂

I keep thinking back to the end of 2015 and it’s not while it’s not our club, The Bulldog’s captain walked out on them and if people remember, the melts were huge from the Doggie’s camp. We all know what happened next.

Whatever happens tomorrow I’ll still go in with an optimistic view because football is a ****ing weird game, and anything can happen.

That probably doesn’t answer your question at all because I have NFI what approach the club should take. And I have had a few cans tonight 😂

Lots of doom and gloom probably justified.
Will I just believe in a Xmas miracle
JMcC GWS list manager former pies player
Ned G former manager
Collingwood are silent night
We have 16 and future 1st we don't want
Can we shift Treloar or Stevo for 1st rounder
Melb not far from surf coast.
JC under my tree would make my day.

If Treloar and Stevo are traded by tomorrow night, I’d expect at least 2 top 10 picks this year, and a favourable swap or gain of later round 2 or 3 future picks. An Essendon top 10 pick may come into play via the doggies. Anything less is a failure.

I can see why the vultures at Arden st are swooping. Plenty of cash, need to fill their list again, and Stevo is young. Sucks for us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back