List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder IF we are Interested in Jetta,Brander and Oscar McDonald?
I wouldn't mind getting Brander for nothing. Got Potential

If you mean will I get my popcorn and enjoy the show absolutely :D

I'll probably express an opinion, but I doubt I'll throw a tantrum. That'd probably take Pendles being traded for that to happen :cool:. Also have the gifs ready for anyone saying they're leaving because of what we do or don't do this this trade period :devil:.

Oh and as an FYI tonight's deadline is just for player movement. Unless they have changed the rules since last year draft picks can continue to be traded until they are used at the draft.

There is nothing wrong with people being pissed off. The fans deserve much much better.

The problem is, it’s not just this trade period. It’s been a progressive cumulative stuff up that has led to this moment.

On a side note, Melbourne got Brown for less than what we paid for Murray.......
Basically we don’t know how to trade.Every single club rogers us at the trade table.We’d be better off just drafting and developing our own talent.But we’re not especially good at that either.

Basically we don’t know how to trade.Every single club rogers us at the trade table.We’d be better off just drafting and developing our own talent.But we’re not especially good at that either.

Or run a Salary Cap

Plenty of FIFO workers all around Australia go long periods not seeing the family for a lot less than 900k a year.

100%. People do it all the time. But people have different personalities. For example, if you asked me to work FIFO I'd tell you to FO.

Adam might be fine with it and cope well. And I get that he'd be sh1tty on everyone for doubting him. But I see nothing in his personality to suggest that he's suited to it. I'm totally guessing, but I reckon I'm right, ha!

Just like in the Army... Plenty of people thrive but plenty of others cry at Kapooka and run straight home, never to return.

Looking forward to this whole nightmarish trade period being done!

Not a cap expert mate so you might be right, but as far as it was explained to me you lodge your final 2020 salary cap summary on 31st of October and we were pushing incentives through to November so it counted towards the following year. I'm of the understanding performance intensives are only included if met and that's why you lodge TTP at the end of the season similar to a tax return, not TTP estimate at the start, hence why clubs have been pinged in the past for going over post that season, not prior to it starting if the contracts were already signed?

Like I said I'm not an expert just the way it was explained to me, I thought clubs have to pay a minimum of 95% of the cap whether conditions are met or not? but the way you explained it wouldn't someone like North who have cash flow issues just put massive insentives in players contracts that can't be reached and only end up paying 60% of the cap when they have a year like this one? Can't see that being the case

Interesting.. I neither am an expert in salary cap management or the protocols which govern it’s administration.

Wouldn’t/Couldn’t clubs then take advantage of listing performance base incentives outside of the annual cap continually rolling said payments over on a yearly basis and adjusting the base salary to compensate for any fluctuations in the percentage of the cap paid?

Your converse argument to the example pertaining to the Nth Melbourne Scenario could be manipulated by see say paying a $100k base salary and which includes easier to obtain incentives (I.e.$500k to have 10 possessions on more than 5 occasions) which would then fall outside the yearly cap quota. I believe there would be strict regulations in place for the scenarios we have both outlined though.

So to answer your question, I don’t really know, but common sense in this scenario dictates (well to me anyway) that every apportioned element in any given contact act is subject to any annual salary cap figure.

If the reports of us paying $300k x 5 years for Treloar are true, then surely we just do a GWS style salary dump and move on (e.g. 3rd rounder but Bulldogs pay 100% salary). Yep, I understand Bulldogs are then dealing with a stupid contract but they are also getting an A grader for nothing.

That cash should keep DeGoey long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe was the last trade of any significance that we won.

Mason Cox is probably a rare exception, but I think he just wants to stay in Australia with a work Visa as long as possible.

Totally incorrect on Mason - apparently the only thing left for him to do now is attend the ceremony to become a full citizen.

Last edited:
If the reports of us paying $300k x 5 years for Treloar are true, then surely we just do a GWS style salary dump and move on (e.g. 3rd rounder but Bulldogs pay 100% salary). Yep, I understand Bulldogs are then dealing with a stupid contract but they are also getting an A grader for nothing.

That cash should keep DeGoey long term.

The way 2021 is playing out it's no cert that the Dogs have an extra 300k to just throw around

It's funny how Brisbane had to salary dump with Witherden yet there's hardly any media attention/vitriol given to that vs what's happening with the pies.

LOL they just got Daniher if that was Collingwood I wouldn't have an issue with a Phillips going to get in Daniher.

To answer you question, I have young kids and my family is everything. I miss the ratbags when I'm at work during the day, let alone living intestate for a year. I know some people aren't like that but I absolutely guarantee you that Adz is just like us. He clearly dotes on his daughter and adores his partner. Being apart as often as he's suggesting will be a nightmare for him. When I first read his proposal to live interstate for a year, my gut reaction was that it would end badly.
Just on that, he is with them until training start in the new year. Then Adz will get a few opportunities during the pre season as well as the midseason break and will be playing the QLD sides in QLD (as we always do). Kim will also play some games in Melbourne and could also stop over after playing in SA or WA. Don't also forget that the netball season finishes in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back