List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
oscar mcdonald delisted. Not unexpected

Trading 14, 16 and next years first for pick 2 is nothing short of insanity.
Under normal circumstances I’d agree, but the position we’re in currently sees us:
1. In desperate need of a quality key forward, long term.
2. In a draft position that could well mean we miss out on all the quality talls in the first round, both forwards and defenders.
3. In a unique position whereby we have two high quality midfield prospects guaranteed to us over the next two years.

If the question is do we prefer 2 quality mids and a quality key forward, or 2 quality mids and maybe a small forward, another mid and something else, all late first round, with our current list profile I’m taking the former.

It’s a strategy that would be batshit insane without having Daicos and Reef in the wings, but as it stands, just this one time I’d be ok with the ‘all in’ strategy.

Can we all take a minute to appreciate that Melbourne gave Dunn to us for free, to develop a player who they just delisted in the same year Dunn ended his career?

It’s a little bit funny.

My read on it is that at least one of 14 and 16 will be gone by draft night and the club isn’t expecting a bid on Reef in the 1st round.
We can only hope it plays out that way. Welcome back.

Only misfortune ensured we missed out on a flag 2 years ago that's not zero.
Again we fell just short of another GF last year - again not zero.
Finally this year we won one of the greatest finals games in recent history under extreme pressure - definitely not zero.
Everything has to fall into place for a club to win a flag in any given year and it simply didn't happen for us.

Wrong,

That is exactly the definition of zero, the club will tell you the end game is flags, near enough is NOT good enough. IF we happened to win that flag then you'd be hearing near zero from the base about where we are at now.

Hell even I'd cop that!

Even though that would not be excusable, so having nothing to show for all of that and now here we are only exacerbates the angst from the fan base. Which seems to be growing at an extraordinary rate.

You say everything has to fall into place, I'm not denying that, that is correct but again if you want to p155 off your fan base then continually shoot yourself in the foot like only Collingwood can.

So now, watching that punt rd filth go on a merry flag spree and other contenders bolster their position to attain flags we've literally gone backward and the club has even conceded they're looking to improve internally. That means we're 99% out of contention, empty handed, again!

FMD no wonder some posters on this board lose their shit with this 'we almost, that's success' bullshit attitude. It just won't fly anymore!

I understand your reasoning and agree with some of your thoughts but believe you are being a bit simplistic in some cases.
Only misfortune ensured we missed out on a flag 2 years ago that's not zero.
Again we fell just short of another GF last year - again not zero.
Finally this year we won one of the greatest finals games in recent history under extreme pressure - definitely not zero.
Everything has to fall into place for a club to win a flag in any given year and it simply didn't happen for us.

Now in general - the Beams signing - which I am on record for opposing due to his attitude/s - is at the core of this. Every club will do anything to hold a list together that is on the brink of winning a flag and our team was. From what little actual evidence available there appears to have been a decision to pay the market rate to our stars to get that flag and it bloody near worked.

The factors operating to reverse that were the Beams fiasco and the predicted 10% cap reduction next year.

So on balance overpaying players when in flag winning position I'm prepared to cop

What I'm pissed at is the decision to recruit a player that left the club under disputed circumstances and sh1t talked the club whilst up north.

Expecting the club to go public on it's position before the draft is sheer stupidity of the highest order.

We have now cleared about $2M in cap and are hopefully trying to position ourselves for an extra 2 or 3 first rounders and I hope we don't try to trade up.
Unless we get McDonald

Because he’s a 24 KPP who would be an upgrade on Roughead.

I love how every single AFL player is sh*t on this board. 😂
Rather Roughead, but they gave this kid Dunn’s spot to develop him, now delisting him, mmm maybe.

oscar mcdonald delisted. Not unexpected

Would be a handy depth player for us, we need another KPD on our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to note that the Roos are open to trading their pick 2 and that they tried to acquire the Dogs first rounder during trade period. Were they potentially happy to trade down for two firsts - this year and next years dogs picks? That would certainly make our first rounders suitable.

Interesting to note that the Roos are open to trading their pick 2 and that they tried to acquire the Dogs first rounder during trade period. Were they potentially happy to trade down for two firsts - this year and next years dogs picks? That would certainly make our first rounders suitable.
Would even do 3 first rounders with lower picks coming back
Pick up 3 first rounders still in Logan McDonald, Reef and Daicos
14, 16 and next year’s first

Well they owe us a solid after bending over last Thursday for them

Surely we could throw a lifeline to Jackson Trengove? Rookie spot at least.
Back up ruck and KPD. Adds some depth in a couple of areas.
Yep only 30. Good depth if cheap.

Would even do 3 first rounders with lower picks coming back
Pick up 3 first rounders still in Logan McDonald, Reef and Daicos
14, 16 and next year’s first
Yeah I’d be happy with 2021 lower picks for Daicos points next year - I could see GWS and Essendon trying to package up something to snag pick 2 as well though. Hopefully it doesn’t end up a bidding war

This article saying we’ve re-signed Moore for 2 x 800k and JDG for 2 x 750k. Do we believe those figures?

I would say so. It was reported at the time, Moore was around 800k or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back