List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Ed Richards from the Dogs but really doubt he's gettable.. he seemed to have a bit of a down year but he's probably ready for some midfield time and he's behind a few top-notchers at the Dogs.

he brings some badly needed speed into the mix

Doubt he get a Game in our Backline

Matty Rendell just said on trade radio that Treloar asked the club if there is any truth to the rumour and the club told him honestly, that if they could make a trade happen & have his approval they would do it. Pies chasing Zach Merrett with the pick 5 theyd get from GC to replace Treloar.

He also said that the club knew about his partner moving to GC last year and tried to make the deal happen last year but Treloar insisted that he could make it work with his partner interstate but the club are worried because of Treloars OCD that he would not be able to cope without seeing his partner.

The fact the club have been asked directly about this and have declined to comment tells me that where there is smoke there is fire.

Surely Max Lynch will be off the list next year, Cameron passed him as second ruck.

The fact that the clubs won’t know the list sizes next year going into free agency and the trade period is simply a farce. How are teams supposed to manage salary caps when they don’t know what the cap will be or how many people will be on it next year.

Depends who we get during the Trade Period

Matty Rendell just said on trade radio that Treloar asked the club if there is any truth to the rumour and the club told him honestly, that if they could make a trade happen & have his approval they would do it. Pies chasing Zach Merrett with the pick 5 theyd get from GC to replace Treloar.

He also said that the club knew about his partner moving to GC last year and tried to make the deal happen last year but Treloar insisted that he could make it work with his partner interstate but the club are worried because of Treloars OCD that he would not be able to cope without seeing his partner.

The fact the club have been asked directly about this and have declined to comment tells me that where there is smoke there is fire.

Wow. So it’s Merret for Treloar pretty much. Essendon after pick 5? For draft picks? Who wins here? Or is it fair for everyone?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow. So it’s Merret for Treloar pretty much. Essendon after pick 5? For draft picks? Who wins here? Or is it fair for everyone?

Wasn't it Reported yesterday that Merrett not going anywhere this Trade Period

Also anything else happen about the Grundy to Sydney talk? Would have thought crows would be more interested. Can’t see anyone chipping I on his salary though. I hope it doesn’t bite us bad!!

The concerning thing with Schahe is that in his 56 game career he has some shocking contested marks stats.

1 game - 5 contested marks
1 game - 3 contested marks
4 games - 2 contested marks
21 games - 1 contested marks
29 games - 0 contested marks

For a big bloke they’re not very impressive stats.
That's not the concerning thing, it's his uncanny resemblance to a potato, he could actually be a potato

Also anything else happen about the Grundy to Sydney talk? Would have thought crows would be more interested. Can’t see anyone chipping I on his salary though. I hope it doesn’t bite us bad!!

Total Bullshit

With Sydney desperately requiring a ruckman/forward, would a straight swap of Mason Cox for Allir Allir be a win-win for everyone.
May also require some pick swaps.
He seems to be gettable.
Roughhead is getting on and apart from Keane who is still learning, we don't have a ready made big-bodied defender to assist Moore.
God I hope so, that's a great deal for uc

Herald Sun reported about 15 mins ago that the Suns have not given up on Treloar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy to go to $1.7-1.8m over 4 years. From memory, the AFL average is about $380k and I think he's above average and deserving of being remunerated as such.
If clubs are looking at the Tigers and the Pareto Principle, the average AFL wage won’t be terribly illustrative. Median would be more relevant if we can find it.

So all we need is four additional A-graders? ;)

All of that would be nice, but let's keep it in the realm of reality.

In 2020 we lost the following best 25 guys for somewhere between a month and a season: Howe, Sidebottom, Langdon, JDG, Beams, Treloar & Phillips.

We had the following best 25 guys have down, disaster, or somewhere in between seasons: Stephenson, Grundy, C.Brown, Cox

That's not to mention the issues with depth and the amount of debutants we played.

We've got improvement to come from within the list. I still like the age profile of the list. If we're able to nab a stable key forward, some quality mid depth and play moneyball with a few others that can provide real pressure on guys cemented in the best 22, we'll be there at the pointy end.
I was keeping it "in the realm of reality". I reckon that the suggestion that our best 22 is the equal of all other teams was the departure from reality. We have an abundance of top-tier defenders but massive holes in our midfield and forward line, especially once Pendlebury and Sidebottom retire. That's the reality.

Of those "best 25" players you name, none of Beams (LOL), Langdon, Phillips, Stephenson, Brown or Cox would have gotten a game in either of the Richmond or Geelong teams that just played off in the GF. Sidebottom and Howe might have made the cut but the reality is that their best footy is now sadly behind them. Other permanent fixtures in our side such as Thomas, Mayne, Madgen and WHE also would have failed to make the GF teams of Richmond or Geelong.

Over-rating our list continues to be one of the biggest things holding us back. We are not ruthless enough in our pursuit of excellence. At the very least, we need to have more players on our list whose best footy is still ahead of them than players who are past their peak or simply won't make it at AFL senior level. Presently, we have that equation the wrong way around.

Given he won’t be in their next GF team, it seems odd to me.
You need experienced heads to lead the developing players that will be in their gf team though.

Zac Merrett going no where.. so even if Pies got Pick 5 it wouldn't happen. This is from the Essendon CEOs mouth.

Would love Ed Richards from the Dogs but really doubt he's gettable.. he seemed to have a bit of a down year but he's probably ready for some midfield time and he's behind a few top-notchers at the Dogs.

he brings some badly needed speed into the mix
He'd be perfect on the wing.

Doubt he get a Game in our Backline
He absolutely would. Gives you flexibility to play Crisp in the middle but I’d be picking Richards ahead of Noble despite John’s significant improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back