List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the salaries of Grundy, Treloar, Moore, Cox's year extension, Phillips and WHE on overs, who knows what Daicos just signed for, Mihocek wants a lot. Anyway obviously I don't have proof because salaries aren't published. I'm not going to argue with you mate. Each to their own, agree to disagree. Or even you win? lol

My point still stands, is it salary cap issues, or our defensive gameplan, or our lack of scoring, whatever it is, I do not believe we will land a big player any time soon

All good mate. I understand you salary cap issue conspiracy theorists are feeling a bit frustrated and worked up while listening to radio hosts fill dead air ;)

Trade week hasn't even started yet mate - hang in there.

In 2018 we came within a kick of the ultimate with so many injuries to the backline that Tyson Goldsack was our full back.

In 2019 we dealt with ongoing injuries, a stupid betting scandal and cocked up a prelim.

In 2020 we had Howe, Sidebottom, Pendles & Treloar all spend significant time on the sidelines and never looked mentally engaged after going into the hub. Still managed to beat the Toast over there in an intense final as overwhelming underdogs.

Give us a good (or even half decent) run with injury, re-sign the talent we want to keep, make a few savvy depth and positional additions and we'll be ok. No need to catastrophise.

Do we sack Ned before or after trade period ?

Grundy would count
So for him to be our 5th best mid we’d have to count a ruckman Grundy, and a player that spends half his time on the half forward flank in Sidebottom.

Starting to get genuinely concerned this mess has tanked Adams value in a trade
If he goes it needs to be GCS. Even allowing for our fantastic negotiating skills, it will be hard to drive any sort of bargain with a Vic club when it's obvious we don't believe he can function anywhere near his peak.

I'd suggest there will be a conga line of clubs in Melbourne looking at him and betting they can do more to support. For them AT will represent a medium risk / high reward payoff.

All the comments in the media are driven by speculation only with little being said outwardly by AT or Collingwood. More clickbait.

If he goes we will get decent compensation.

All good mate. I understand you salary cap issue conspiracy theorists are feeling a bit frustrated and worked up while listening to radio hosts fill dead air ;)

In 2018 we came within a kick of the ultimate with so many injuries to the backline that Tyson Goldsack was our full back.

In 2019 we dealt with ongoing injuries, a stupid betting scandal and cocked up a prelim.

In 2020 we had Howe, Sidebottom, Pendles & Treloar all spend significant time on the sidelines and never looked mentally engaged after going into the hub. Still managed to beat the Toast over there in an intense final as overwhelming underdogs.

Give us a good (or even half decent) run with injury, re-sign the talent we want to keep, make a few savvy depth and positional additions and we'll be ok. No need to catastrophise.

Slightly off topic but agree with you.

The problem is the 'luck' never ever comes, we're still waiting and going by history it looks like it never will. How long do we have to be patient? How much patience can one possess? All those decades for 2 flags, it is not a satisfying return, it's less than positive.

Therefore, what compounds that problem is the shooting our own foot continuously, things in our control.

This is not 'catastrophizing' it's what has already happened, yet we're told by the likes of you and on the odd occasion the club to be patient. Surely you can see how that sh1t is not flying.

So for him to be our 5th best mid we’d have to count a ruckman Grundy, and a player that spends half his time on the half forward flank in Sidebottom.
I understand its iffy to include the ruckman but I'd also have Sidey/Pendles/Adams ahead of him

[/QUOTE

The club loves these excuses, because it excuses the incompetent so they keep their jobs....tigers made no excuses they just delivered

Mate I'm not catastrophising, I actually believe our list is good, like you.

My point from day 1 is that we are not going to sign a big player, for a number of reasons, but because we have enough top end talent/stars. Moore, Maynard, Crisp, Howe, Treloar, Pendles, Sidey, Adams, Grundy, Stevo, De Goey, Elliott, Checkers, etc are very good players. Having a lot of these good players means you're going to have salary cap issues because you need to pay them well

I believe our bottom end talent, the bottom 6-8 of our 22, is bad, really bad, plain, boring, stale. So focusing on getting rid of these players and bringing in other fringe/cheap players is what I want. But every one of these players gets called shit, when we have bottom end players like Mayne, WHE, JT, Wills, Varcoe, Cox, etc all keep getting games. Now don't get wrong, some of these players have been very serviceable and have good games, but they're 1 trick ponies. Mayne is slow and all he does is tackle. WHE is slow, can only lead and mark, he's putrid when the ball hits the deck. Cox is a turtle. Replace them with players that offer us more and we'll improve

Maybe the evidence is the club has not denied the claims and says it is in the market to improve the team....The club doesn't show much visibility in attracting players to join the club...sure players retire and get delisted but also players come out of contract asking for more at new contract

This is very good insight into your posting, namely evidence is not important, but absence of evidence as is the case above, is adequate to support your position.

I’m not sure why you insult our intelligence, and think we can’t see right through this absurd stupidity.

People have short memories.
Treloar's 2016 and 2019 were very very good.

His double hammy was disastrous and has hampered him a bit.

But imo his output next season under normal circumstances would be above the aging Pendlebury and Sidebottom.

I'm still torn on whether he should play for us next season, with his history of debilitating anxiety.

But to suggest he is our 5th best midfielder is absurd.
4th in the Copeland last year. Only Pendles ahead of him as a pure mid.

26501ef40057d0089b2e18203652b482.jpg

Didn’t know it was April’s fools day.

On a side note. I would keeping Cox. He is dating the Collingwood magpies netball player. Let’s hope they have children and all boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is very good insight into your posting, namely evidence is not important, but absence of evidence as is the case above, is adequate to support your position.

I’m not sure why you insult our intelligence, and think we can’t see right through this absurd stupidity.

Don't take me on because I will destroy you when back on pc....phones and me don't mix lol....i do think you are seriously overstating your ability but I admire your confidence...

Who said anything about not wanting to play for that club. It's about 1st/2nd/3rd choices. If a player is set on leaving a club, I'm sure he has options in his head, he'll nominate 1 club, it might not work, then ends up elsewhere after a better trade/deal is struck. Has it not happened before? If it hasn't happened before I'd be surprised.

Not here to argue, I just want a player to come out and openly say "make me a Magpie". May not mean anything to you, but it does to me. It's about pride
A player is never going to openly declare where they want to go unless the club has already indicated that they want them. Maybe we have already been approached and said nah.

Does it matter to you who nominates us as a preferred destination or is it more of a "who gets the most Valentine's Day cards" type of situation?

On a side note. I would keeping Cox. He is dating the Collingwood magpies netball player. Let’s hope they have children and all boys

Ah yes, AFL postie squad. King of scoops

If Sydney pay half his Salary then sure

Don't take me on because I will destroy you when back on pc....phones and me don't mix lol....i do think you are seriously overstating your ability but I admire your confidence...

I have no fears debating teenagers who have inflated egos, invariably their IQ falls far short of their egos.
And looking at your posts I’m comfortable you fit this profile.

Last edited:
If Jordan Clark is getting squeezed out of the Cattery would be all over him.

Straight into defence and Maynard into the guts or release Quaynor to a wing.

I thought posting Troll Social Media Accounts was Not Allowed?

Call me crazy but if we could get Buddy Franklin for one or maybe two years, and with the Swans paying most of his salary, we'd be mad to say no. I know hes old, and as injury problems, but could be a free hit at who i believe is still the most dominant AFL player at the peak of his powers.
And he would get to kick 1000th in pies colours.

The problem is the 'luck' never ever comes, we're still waiting and going by history it looks like it never will. How long do we have to be patient? How much patience can one possess? All those decades for 2 flags, it is not a satisfying return, it's less than positive.

Therefore, what compounds that problem is the shooting our own foot continuously, things in our control.

This is not 'catastrophizing' it's what has already happened, yet we're told by the likes of you and on the odd occasion the club to be patient. Surely you can see how that sh1t is not flying.

That's professional sport mate.

17 other clubs, coaches, football departments and playing groups, all doing everything in their power to win it all.

The odds are never great in any given year.

But, because we're reasonable adults, we can accept that the club is having a dip, puts us in contention more often than most (often to our own detriment) and unlike other 'big' clubs, we don't have players running for the door.

Nothing is guaranteed. I'm not saying to be patient, I'm saying to use your brain.

I have no fears debating teenagers who have inflated egos, invariably their IQ falls far short of their egos.
And looking at your posts I’m comfortable you fit this profile above.
Lol...I have never seen someone so keen to be towelled up....I know your brain doesn't function right so I will be gentle as I stomp on ya lol

1. Daicos' goal, Sumich's miss

2. The 'Bounce of God'

I will admit though, we are a long way behind in the luck department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back