List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d 100% take Talia.

Reminds me of Dunn, Roughead signings. We were told they were cooked also.

Dunn and Roughy were actually getting on the park though, just not getting senior opportunities. I’d be very wary about Talia given the year he’s had.

Matt Crouch I’d be interested in.

Talia I’m not sure. As someone else mentioned I’d be more keen if Roughead wasn’t going on. I’m not sure we could play all of Moore, Rough and Talia in the same team.

Madgen doesn’t play I don’t think once Moore is back.

I feel like the KPD we need is the one that is ready during next year to push Rough towards retirement and play the next 5-7 years at FB. That’s not Talia IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dunn and Roughy were actually getting on the park though, just not getting senior opportunities. I’d be very wary about Talia given the year he’s had.
I don’t see the harm in a 1 year minimum chips deal. If he can’t get on the park then we let him go, if he can stay fit, he’s probably best 22.

Matt Crouch I’d be interested in.

Talia I’m not sure. As someone else mentioned I’d be more keen if Roughead wasn’t going on. I’m not sure we could play all of Moore, Rough and Talia in the same team.

Madgen doesn’t play I don’t think once Moore is back.

I feel like the KPD we need is the one that is ready during next year to push Rough towards retirement and play the next 5-7 years at FB. That’s not Talia IMO.

Even if he’s just back up it’s worth the tiny investment. We have no backup KPD’s that are even close to AFL standard on the list right now. We’ve been using Maynard as a KPD ffs…

I don’t see the harm in a 1 year minimum chips deal. If he can’t get on the park then we let him go, if he can stay fit, he’s probably best 22.

I’d happily add him to the list if he can get through the medicals.

Be interesting to see what he does in terms of exploring options going forward.

I’m just worried if we have Maynard, Talia, Moore, Howe, Roughead & IQ…we lack pace & fast transition from back half?
We still need the line breaking speedster. Noble our only choice at he moment.

IQ, Crisp and Noble all break the lines. I reckon we're all right there. Maybe lack a decent depth option.

Absolutely gotta go after Talia. Also hope we go after Crouch in the one foul swoop and Pyke comes our way.

Would release Moore to be a pure 3rd defender/interceptor along with Howe as our 4th defender, Maynard as our small lockdown defender and IQ in there too. Ruscoe to play as the 7th defender off the bench that he's playing so well in. Noble disappears completely from the back 6 and hopefully has pressure on his spot from up the field. Crisp transitions to a wing/centre/hbf where he can run all day. Leaves Madge and others to be depth which is what they are.

Crouch into the middle gives us a first use clearance guy to release some pressure off Adams who is great with his hands. People forget how good MCrouch is. Add JDG in there and we have incredible grunt again. JDG can then use that 70/30 split to good use.
We add Nick Daicos, development of Fin, Reef, Rantall, Poulter among others allows Josh Daicos to go back to a wing, and SP10 and Sidey to become full time HFF's and blokes who can deliver it well into our F50. We finally have good pressure forwards, and then we hit FA with a KPP and elite mid.

I don't think we are THAT far away.
except that Pendles, Howe and Roughead are all key players close to retirement, and we have no ready made replacements. Then add Sidey next year...

& we have no genuine KPF's, and no currency or cap space to land one.

List management, drafting and player development all have to pull rabbits out of their hats if we are to compete at all in the next 3 years

except that Pendles, Howe and Roughead are all key players close to retirement, and we have no ready made replacements. Then add Sidey next year...

& we have no genuine KPF's, and no currency or cap space to land one.

List management, drafting and player development all have to pull rabbits out of their hats if we are to compete at all in the next 3 years
Western Bulldogs have 1 elite key position player in their whole side. Melbourne have no elite kpf.

People over simplify why teams have winning seasons. Every year we have teams shoot up the ladder and nobody ever expects it to happen the next.

Is it impossible that Degoey and Taylor Adams have as dominant a year as Petracca and Oliver? I think its possible. If our kids come on were a cracking chance at finals in 2023 if not next.

Western Bulldogs have 1 elite key position player in their whole side. Melbourne have no elite kpf.
Both of those teams have elite mids which protects their defences when needed and generate enough chances for their fwds. In Melbs case their defence is also elite. Unfortunately we're well off the pace in the middle with our defence our best unit now.

Having said that I think if everything comes together we can sneak finals in the next 2 years but not realistically contend.

Even if he’s just back up it’s worth the tiny investment. We have no backup KPD’s that are even close to AFL standard on the list right now. We’ve been using Maynard as a KPD ffs…

Yep I get that and I agree we definitely need another KPD. I’d rather someone mid 20’s though than 29. If we can’t find one then Talia for a year or two along with a kid that plays that role, someone like a Schlensog or whatever his name is, works for me.

We just need someone that can hold down the role when Roughead retires. If Talia is a 2 year stop gap in case of injury whilst that kid develops then that’s fine.

Both of those teams have elite mids which protects their defences when needed and generate enough chances for their fwds. In Melbs case their defence is also elite. Unfortunately we're well off the pace in the middle with our defence our best unit now.

Having said that I think if everything comes together we can sneak finals in the next 2 years but not realistically contend.
Melbourne have 2 elite mids and the rest play a role. If fit we have perhaps the most elite defense in the league. I'd say no back 6 is as good as Moore, Howe, Roughy, Maynard, Quaynor, Noble.

I'm not saying we will win it in the next two years, I'm also saying it's not impossible. No team that's happily sat at the bottom soaking up draft picks has won a premiership for a long time. You reset and rebuild while having a crack. Sydney were a bottom 3 side last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People over simplify why teams have winning seasons. Every year we have teams shoot up the ladder and nobody ever expects it to happen the next.

Is it impossible that Degoey and Taylor Adams have as dominant a year as Petracca and Oliver? I think its possible. If our kids come on were a cracking chance at finals in 2023 if not next.
A team of champions will never beat a champion team.

Sheed misses that goal and T Adams would have won the Norm Smith in 2018. As it was 2nd with 7 votes. If NS is part of your criteria Tay well qualified.
So that little bit of class did us in yet again (16.6% strike rate in Grand Finals this century alone) not sure that's making the argument you think it is.

In support of Talia, Roughead and Howe are close to the end and we're gonna need some talls to replace them real soon. He also offers depth in an area we lack. Gives us flexibility with Moore if the need arises. Given Talia's known qualities when fit, and that you can get him for a list spot as a DFA, I reckon he's well worth the risk.

If we get Daicos and Dibs without going into deficit, bring in some combo of Talia, Tom Lynch, Stengle, and nail a rookie or two and the off season would look excellent.
Yeah I love that, been trying combinations of Talia at FB and Krueger/Riccardi at FF myself, looks good on paper, even had Stengle in a pocket too. :p

Daniel Talia not offered a new contract by the Crows.

Cheap key defensive option?
Pounce! If Roughy is still flying you could release Moore, at the very least Keane gets a little more time to learn the craft from another quality FB, nothing but dubs there.

What about Clavarino for a cheapy key back? Out of contract. Anyone follow the Magoos and know how he's been developing? Looks like he hasn't put the weight on for 197cm, wonder if that's holding him back?

He is the worst player in the AFL. Watched him for supercoach purposes over the last 4 years. Finally debuts this year and stunk it up big time in 3 games. Imagine Presti's worst ever disposal and the pace of Mick Nolan

He is the worst player in the AFL. Watched him for supercoach purposes over the last 4 years. Finally debuts this year and stunk it up big time in 3 games. Imagine Presti's worst ever disposal and the pace of Mick Nolan
To be fair the Gasometer didn't have to run to hurt you.

Add Aish to that list too. A more than handy player for Freo.

As far as Maynard goes, he's about to turn 25, the next 2-3 years aren't looking great, and we're currently a complete rabble both on & off field. Especially off field. I wouldn't blame him for weighing up his options, the average footballer is done by 30, so he has a good 5 years ahead of him. He'd want to be sure Collingwood has their sh*t together, though there hasn't been any evidence on display over the last 5 years that this is anywhere near true. I don't want to lose him by any stretch, but I wouldn't blame him at all for seeking greener pastures.

Let's face it, we are a rabble, a bottom 3 side with no coach, with a board who couldn't organise a lunch in a bakery, a president who is acting purely in self interest/preservation, a head recruiter who has avoided key position players for over a decade, a former president who signed off on years worth of dodgy trades, a list manager who in 3 years signed half the club to bloated deals that we seem to be paying for eternally, and.....actually that's about it. I'm out of ammunition.

Don't get me wrong, I love this club, and have since I was a 6 year old boy in 1982. But we are nowhere, and Graeme Wright is the only guy at our club that I trust right now. And he's only been there for 6 months, which is damning on the rest of them.

This x10. We are relying on our good players sticking fat for a few years yet. Problem is that without success it will likely cost more dollars to keep those guys around.

Melbourne have 2 elite mids and the rest play a role. If fit we have perhaps the most elite defense in the league. I'd say no back 6 is as good as Moore, Howe, Roughy, Maynard, Quaynor, Noble.

I'm not saying we will win it in the next two years, I'm also saying it's not impossible. No team that's happily sat at the bottom soaking up draft picks has won a premiership for a long time. You reset and rebuild while having a crack. Sydney were a bottom 3 side last year.
We have no elite mids at the moment. Pendles and Steele were and De Goey may yet be but as it stands its a weakness. Adams I'd say is not elite, very good but no longer elite.

As for our backline, yes its good on paper and is our strength but Moore and Howe barely played together this year, Roughy is solid, Maynard is a gun but IQ and Noble are still developing. I'd say collectively Geelong's is better as is Melbourne's.

And I don't think our age profile is at a point to contend which is different to 2018. Many youngsters now and a number of older players who'll need replacing over next year or 2.

Which is why I don't want Talia (or Tom Lynch). I personally want Keane to play ahead of Roughead to see if he can make it, if not lets move him on. If he will make it, lets get him to 30 games asap.

Poor drafting and salary cap management has left a void of quality 22-25 year olds with few live picks this year and no money to get anyone of note. That alone will cause some further pain over next year or 2 as we rebuild.

If Talia passes a strict medical surely we take him should he want to join the pies. Looks like he could come cheap cap wise being a DFA, 29 and recent injuries.

No idea what Rougheads position is in terms of retiring/contract/re-contracting, but Talia would fill that role if fit and roughy retires. If he goes on, would give Talia time to rehabilitate further and aim for 2023. If fit he would hold up until 33 IMO.

Perfect world, imagine the scenario of a fit and firing Moore, Howe, Roughhead and Talia to pick in our 22.could finally do what i thinks bucks wanted to do with Howe interms of where he zones during our attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back