List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Talia not offered a new contract by the Crows.

Cheap key defensive option?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had a big knee clean-out in preseason, then had issues with soreness in his foot. Apparently not much else can be done in the way of surgery.

My guess is that clubs will want to wait to see how he goes in the off-season, and he might get picked up in the Supplementary draft period or something if he can get back on the park.

Who knows, some clubs might give him a medical in the Free Agency period and take a chance if they think they can get him back to fitness. He absolutely has at least 2 years of good footy left in him if he can get his body right. Elite KPD's don't grow on trees.

I’d 100% take Talia.

Reminds me of Dunn, Roughead signings. We were told they were cooked also.

Absolutely. We get great value out of these type of signings. For KPP defenders, you want experience > raw athletic ability.

I'd take him as a DFA to fill up some of the list spots we need to open up for Daicos draft points.

I’d 100% take Talia.

Reminds me of Dunn, Roughead signings. We were told they were cooked also.

Problem is with Talia that he might actually be cooked. When you look at Adelaide's cupboard in terms of KPD's it's pretty bare, so his knee / foot must be pretty bad if they're throwing in the towel on him and not even putting him on minimum chips for a year.

Max Lynch stoppage stats and disposal stats courtesy of AFL Stats Pro.

No, look everyone ... you are right. Lynch dominated his two games as solo ruck and we should trade Grundy, yep let's go for it.

I'll just leave this here.

View attachment 1202663View attachment 1202664

Yellow = average
Orange = below average

But do remember he beat Gawn so we better make him #1.

Also, don't forget he stands at a massive 200cm. Huge for a ruckman.

Despite that his impact and unpredictability made it harder on opposing midfield to shark him and our midfields connection improved. Our midfield improved even if he himself had lesser stats then Grundy.

I dont think we should trade Grundy but there are definitely areas as RUCKMAN he can improve on rather then a FOLLOWER.

Carlton killing us on list management / salaries... so frustrating. If they land a decent coach, heaven help us.

How they can fit Walsh, Weitering, Cripps, Saad, McKay, Williams, Jones, Martin, Curnow, Curnow, Marchbank and all of their B grade midfielders into the cap, with space for Cerra... makes us look like absolute amateurs.

Because they been shit for decades and no one really comes after their players.

Think about the last player teams tried to poach from them and how long ago it was...

People need to remember that a player leaving very rarely means a gap in the salary cap, unless the player is genuinely poached and wasn't forecasted to leave.

Like if Rantall doesn't get a new contract, it doesn't mean we magically have 100k to throw towards our next trade target. It probably gets eaten up by Youi Dib.

And Mayne retiring doesn't magically open the door for 250k, it was probably technically forecasted to be swallowed up by Grundy's big contract.

Same goes end of next year... Roughy hangs them up and maybe it goes towards Maynard's next contract.

The thing that seemingly kills us (from the outside looking in) is when someone has a big year when coming out of contract and we pay the price on that one year.

Teams also seem to target our players upping the perceived value we then duly come close to matching it rather then letting the odd one go.

Talia gives me marcus Adams vibes. Will struggle to get on the park.

100% the guy was absolutely a speculative selection and he’s still only 20. The thing is though he hasn’t shown anything yet regardless of injuries or otherwise and by late year 3 given his draft position he needs to show something early in 2022 to suggest he can make the grade. Youth, height and injuries aren’t justification for hope, IMO.

He hasn't shown anything yet that we've seen, but he must have shown a fair bit at training an in last year's scratch matches for the club to have spoken about and selected him the way they have. Although CFC desperation could be another explanation.

i put him a bit in the Ruscoe category. We hadn't seen much, but the club had to have seen something there for the club to have pushed him up so much quicker than others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite that his impact and unpredictability made it harder on opposing midfield to shark him and our midfields connection improved. Our midfield improved even if he himself had lesser stats then Grundy.

I dont think we should trade Grundy but there are definitely areas as RUCKMAN he can improve on rather then a FOLLOWER.

Lynch is only unpredictable because he's a 2 game rookie that the opposition haven't bothered putting time into. You make Lynch our regular No 1 ruck and the opposition will 100% work him out pretty quickly.

Grundy was unpredictable when he was first drafted. And we delisted the "predictable" Jolly thinking Grundy could take over the number 1 ruck because of that. And he struggled for years once the opposition put time into him. The fact he was able to breakout in 2017/18 and become a gun ruckman despite being a target for the opposition to nullify is a testament to his star quality. It's easy to have 1 or 2 games as a ruckman where you have dominant games. But only a certain few (Gawn, Grundy) can consistently deliver.

There's a reason why a 29 year old 2 x All Australian KPD doesn't get offered a new contract with a bottom 8 team.

He's unfortunately cooked.
People said the same thing about Roughy a few years ago. I think as a cheap depth option he’s a no-brainer tbh. Far better than having to use Tohill or Keane, who both look like they won’t make the grade at this point.

Talia a rare discard that might add value (in the short-term) to our current situation.

Very Lynden Dunn vibes. Albeit we're not contending.

Neither played in an era of critical disposal, and Shaw and Maxwell never sucked the wind out of game with monotonous regularity like Adams, in the modern era you want silk not cotton. Remind me who won the Norm Smith in our last flag? Someone silky? Wriggle on that.
Sheed misses that goal and T Adams would have won the Norm Smith in 2018. As it was 2nd with 7 votes. If NS is part of your criteria Tay well qualified.

We traded Tarrant because we believed in Travis Cloke. Not saying it happens in this instance.

It is not unreasonable to expect that Lynch will improve further. He has played under 10 games. I was very skeptical of Lynch initially as he seemed more of the team clown/mascot with his videos etc. However, to his credit he is a decent player and I think the penny has dropped that he is capable of playing seniors and at a good level.

The real comparison needs to be something like this:

Grundy and Darcy Cameron/Mason Cox (our current status) =

Max Lynch and Ben King/Oscar Allen (example of key forward) =

For the same amount of money, which result provides the best output. It’s not just about Lynch v Grundy.

A cooked Daniel Talia>Keane, Tohill and Madgen so it’s a yes from me. At 29 you could realistically give him all of 2022 to get himself right and still have him for 50-60 matches.

A cooked Daniel Talia>Keane, Tohill and Madgen so it’s a yes from me. At 29 you could realistically give him all of 2022 to get himself right and still have him for 50-60 matches.

Hawthorn had a history of doing that (recruiting players who are injured) with various success.

I guess we will find out soon enough whether it was GW or Clarkson behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back