List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

say i seem to remember an absolute specimen running around for you guys back in the day. unbelievable player really.
1629456302949.png
after careful thought, I believe he is exactly what fremantle needs. nobody has burst pace like him.

Hypothetically what would we need to give up to get such a player to fremantle?

Crisp has been a great get but not a player that you typically get in that top 5. He is not a Bont Martin Pendles level.

Again how often do you get a 25 yo aa premiership goal kicking midfielder demanding a trade to facilitate access to that draft range and your steak knives to prevent the drop?

Lol clubs certainly aren't willingly trading players in that age bracket.

Yup Lewis at 7 is fine when you have already got pick 1 Hodge pick 2 Roughead pick 5 Franklin, you even read how I see a preferred build yet still dont get what I'm saying.
Jordan thanks Chris Egan and Chad Morrison for this pick 7 going to the Hawks as we fans commiserate

Pendles? Sure not.

I'd love to see Pendles stay and take a big pay cut.
I think he'd survive OK on say $200k per annum and it may free up enough cap to help us chase a big name player (preferably KPF).
His legacy is assured, but wouldn't it be awesome if his sacrifice on pay from here set up our next real tilt by freeing up cap space.
Add Daicos on 2021 and a top 10 KPP from the 2022 draft and we'd have enough talent to chase a flag again.

There will be significant alleviation on the salary cap. In that recent Q&A Scott Selwood and someone else (might have been Mark Anderson) did with members online they said the Pies will be in play for mid and low tier FAs, which indicates to me we will have some money floating around. No idea about Langdon, but he retired and is from a fairly well off family.

We're also paying less of Treloar's wage next season, same with Flip. I simply do not believe that our cap is in a bad enough position to squeeze on us that hard this off-season. We'll see.
Graham Wright (when at Hawks) admitted that Hawthorn were absorbing ALL of Tom Phillips wage. Hence the low pick 65 trade pick we received.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned has said many times he didn’t. He only did the punching for a couple of weeks

It was this game in 1990.

On TV you can see Ned running off Plugger after about half way through the first quarter. By 5 minutes before half time Plugger has had enough and tries to put Ned through the Social Club fence! Then just before half time Ned runs off again and gets a shot at goal (he misses of course)
The "pinchies" and niggles were all behind play so the TV cameras didn't catch them but as this Vid shows...Ned and Monkey were not taking a backward step from Plugger. It was obviously a tactic Lethal taught his defenders because all of them were making life "uncomfortable" for all the StKilda forwards (a young Winmar, an older Jimmy Krakour). But it worked and as I said before Ned (though he might play the game and say he was scared of Plugger)....really wasn't once he had a job to do on the field. Old "cement head" was a fantastic competitor who Matthews used quite often to unsettle opponents.

PS....its also nice seeing the 42 out there and the 35 in all its glory! They were a great side the 1990 Pies.

PS....its also nice seeing the 42 out there and the 35 in all its glory! They were a great side the 1990 Pies.
Not to mention our new guru Mr Wright!
And Josh and Nick's Dad!!

I love the “there is no team we would rather see winning, there is no time that likes winning more ,when it’s all said and done and the premierships won”……..that leads into the club sone.

Those picks Degoey and Moore are the same result as bottoming out in terms of gaining access to low end talent you dig?

It prevented the club from having to actually dip down....
Understand?

If you don't get that then the club has to drop to have access to your degoeys Martin's Bontempellis pendles etc etc understand now?

F##kn how hard is it.
That is the point, the draft is compromised!

You don't need to bottom out to get access to top end talent...you can finish anywhere and still get top talent.

We didn't need to be bottom few to get access to DeGoey or Moore (9th with 11 wins) or even Daicos, we could have finished 7th, 2nd or 15th this year and still grabbed Daicos.

There are multiple avenues available to ensure a club is bringing in quality AFL talent.

The teams who stay shot dont have that in place its not dropping down for a couple of years that does it. Its a multitude of things that creates a Carlton.
Carlton, Melbourne, StK, GC all had a shared desire to push out senior experience and fill with youth doing a full "rebuild". The premise being to play as a development team for a few years, stock pile early draft picks, ship off senior players for more picks, and then sit back as they all come good....but this means players don't need to earn games, standards drop, poor performance is accepted, kids don't improve and a losing culture develops.

Back when the priority pick was around, Collingwood 2005, it was smart to not win more than 5 games and be a bottom dweller. The reward for not winning a game was to get both Thomas AND Pendles instead of just one of them...now the incentive of bottoming out has been removed.

More not rushing the list build play the kids and seniors still there let them develop without getting in your maynes or other players trying to make the "8" to soon. Not suggesting fielding an under 21 side. More similar to this season is what I hope we see next year except keep our pick obviously.
We actively did fast track our build by trading out of the 2021 draft and into the 2020.

If some kids come on, DeGoey and Moore make the AA team, and we end up winning 10 games and finishing 10-12th, you try and frame that as a poorer outcome for future success compared to being rubbish and only having four wins.

All because if we are rubbish we get pick 1/2/3 compared to only getting pick 7/8 if we actually improve to mid table.

They can have Maynard on the condition that Grundy goes with him and they pay the whole contract.

Then we can finally close the salary cap fu** up once and for all.

Can we Trade Moore and De Goey Too?🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back