List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think it would be a horrible combination too.

Unless one of them wants to play CHB, which would be a waste.
Yeah that’s the other reason. As a 1-2 draft combo they could have worked given Ben’s junior experience at CHB, but he’s a key forward now and will command key forward money which the Saints don’t have, and honestly don’t need with Max already there. I’m not sure Ben would be willing to take less money and play in defence for the sake of playing with his brother.

I mentioned it in the Daicos thread but Boyd Woodcock was impressive in the SANFL game yesterday through the midfield.

Sure the standard is horrible, but he really does have some tricks and was easily BOG with 42 disposals.

Out of contract at the end of the year and would be easily gettable. Even if he was to be delisted I actually think there is something there.

I mentioned it in the Daicos thread but Boyd Woodcock was impressive in the SANFL game yesterday through the midfield.

Sure the standard is horrible, but he really does have some tricks and was easily BOG with 42 disposals.

Out of contract at the end of the year and would be easily gettable. Even if he was to be delisted I actually think there is something there.
Wood and ****, he's obviously made for us.

Yeah I read that too, maybe I'm misinterpreting this:

Come and clarify this dog, it's bugging the hell out of me.

What’s their to clarify aside from Pelchen’s information being woefully off the mark considering the article is over 12 months old? For instance anyone with half a brain could see they were 2020 numbers.

What’s their to clarify aside from Pelchen’s information being woefully off the mark considering the article is over 12 months old? For instance anyone with half a brain could see they were 2020 numbers.
You said 2 years this year! and grow up, the infantile lashing out is disproportionate to the conversation, you wouldn't say it to my face so stop being a keyboard coward.

I hope Hine is scouring the players recruited in 2018, who with limited VFL over last 2 years may have slipped under the radar and been “prematurely” delisted.
I think lack of VFL in the last 2 years may offer great opportunity for astute recruiters.
I reckon he's our secret weapon, based on last year his instincts are spot on, he couldn't have seen many games and still picked the eyes out of the draft.

What if Pendles says, you know what I want to have a crack at another flag - Freo will give me that chance?

Then he still wont be winning another flag for the rest of his career? They're pretty far away from even contending over at Freo, never mind winning a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graham Wright (when at Hawks) admitted that Hawthorn were absorbing ALL of Tom Phillips wage. Hence the low pick 65 trade pick we received.

I thought I'd see something to that affect but couldn't place where it was (or find the quote) so was happy to stand corrected.

It would be better for us if they were wearing his full contract if this is true?

One of the Bulldogs midfielders must be near gettable (ironically after they nabbed Treloar for zilch last year). Dunkley and Bazlenka would be big targets. Though Baz is a comical front runner I’m sure he still has some unearthed potential and could have some sense coached into him.

Lipinski is the odd man out at the Bulldogs now.

I agree with you. In terms of rebuilding through bottoming out, the elephant in the room is that good teams are built around a core of blokes who are 25+ years old. That awesome cats team took 8 years from their draft hits before they became that awesome cats team, so timeliness for a quick bounce with some fresh kids are extremely unrealistic.

In terms of current teams, bottoming out hasn't worke. , But we can't really use this to predict the best way forward. As much of these teams were built during an era where expansion teams got all the early picks. I think it's a flawed strategy without priority picks. But only time will truly tell.

Hard to use the current cats team that was rebuilt on the back of being a destination club because of their location. Danger is from that way and was never going anywhere else and Jeremy Cameron was hell bent on the cats as he apparently loves to fish. Adding a recent Coleman medallist to last years Coleman medallist and a gun mid is already a large part of the recipe for a quick rebuild.

Hard to use the current cats team that was rebuilt on the back of being a destination club because of their location. Danger is from that way and was never going anywhere else and Jeremy Cameron was hell bent on the cats as he apparently loves to fish. Adding a recent Coleman medallist to last years Coleman medallist and a gun mid is already a large part of the recipe for a quick rebuild.
Agree, but I meant the 2007-2011 cats team, not this one.

Having lived over that way for a few years I can say it has decent to good fishing but not spectacular - very overrated - unless you love tuna a bit more warmth in the water makes such a difference.
From the central coast up you are starting to get some great fishing.

My thought would be as a pure forward. So play alongside Cameron with Checkers as the third roaming tall.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He doesn't look or play like a pure forward though, hence the comparison to Cameron. We need someone more mobile who is able to get on their bike at 195cm+ instead of just playing as a deep forward and to this point in time McLean hasn't been that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back