List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used the mid season draft to replace injured players with injured players

The only reason I have belief In the players we selected is because of GW.
Sharman went in 2020 mid season draft. We’ve had years to take on more KPP prospects.,Playing catch up now with McMahon, Johnson, Beeg... hopefully a bit of luck and 2/3 of them make it

it’s all good - Hine the ol dog landed us Keane and Tohill.

The only reason catch up is occurring is because GW has finally forced the issue. If it was left up to Hine and Buckley we would have selected the next John Noble.

Don't Freo have injuries at the moment?

Yes, with players who are perennially injured.

Fyfe especially has reached a crossroads with him having already had the "no going back" form of shoulder reco if what I'd read was correct, so now after another reco his shoulder is something he will have to manage carefully going forwards even after recovering from this current surgery. As an aside their best midfielder by a fair way this year has been Mundy ... at 36 years of age.

They might sneak into the finals next year with a good run on the injury front, but they are certainly not winning a flag next year, which is the premise that was put forward re: Pendlebury going there to try to get a flag in his final season and then shifting over to coaching.

This is all moot anyway, as the Pendlebury contract "issue" will be swiftly put to bed before too much more time has passed as has been posted above.

I think it's worth having a chat with Matt Crouch for some experience in the middle. If he gets his body right obviously. We can't keep putting Elliott in there.

I year on minimum chips for Pendles and offload Sidebottom if you can, our midfield is a shambles and we need to develop/recruit some class with clean disposal.

Would rather keep Pendlebury for his professionalism, leadership and vision. Sidebottom is just a notch above list clogger at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club needs to seriously speak to Brodie Grundy. He cannot be on our list for the next 7 years.

He doesn't look or play like a pure forward though, hence the comparison to Cameron. We need someone more mobile who is able to get on their bike at 195cm+ instead of just playing as a deep forward and to this point in time McLean hasn't been that player.

Yep 3 big heavy forwards with slow turning circles in Cameron/Mihocek/McLean wouldnt be great. I'd love to see Ash Johnson in action as he's exactly the type of agile leading forward we need.

Hi Just wondering if Darcy Cameron had Re-signed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back