List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Leigh....he can't let go can he?
Our list is fragile but then.....the Saints Leigh???? How are they going???? Been "re building" since 2010???
I can't knock Leigh. His sister is married to my sons very close friend and his brother is great mates with a couple of my boys. My son is coaching South Melb Districts seniors this season and Leigh came down topre season training and tips with them as a favour. He is a great bloke and I have a soft spot for him. Sorry

Beginning to think the same Gabbo.....move on eh?
Its topical today because yesterday we confirmed the value of our 2021 1st rounder. I think its ok to still be criticising the mess we are in as its ok to move forward and believe we have a really strong group of kids.

If we could trade Sier, WHE, Lynch & Cox and end up with 2 picks between 25 - 30, I wouldn’t hate it.

If we are going to bottom out, let’s do it properly.

They be just used for Points for Nick Daicos though

All over Luke Dunstan. Gotta improve that slack, soft midfield and Dunstan can win a football and he knows a thing or two about tackling too. We'd be foolish not to give him a two year deal and free up Crisp to stay in defence more, and play De Goey predominantly outside.

Agree the rising star stuff isnt the measure but the sentiment is right. I think our kids are ok but most lists have better groups, thats our issue.

I think it looks like an excellent crop, but none are going to be top shelf for a long time (if at all). 5 year minimum before this crop are 23 and really beginning to be ready to carry much of the load. We're still on the way down - although I do think we will bounce upwards next year as our current list has more talent than 2nd last in the league.

Unreal to think we are probably going into the draft with a worse draft hand than any side in the comp:

Collingwood33, 39, 41, 45

Shocking position we have put ourselves in adding to our recent salary cap woes.

It's hard to fathom.

Even IF we are Getting the Best Player in the Draft?

Big Blame on that is Ned Guy and his Shit List Mangement

Some real bargains there potentially. There are always players who don't get drafted plus mature agers. We picked up Bramble, 23 years, in the PSD and he is easily best 22. Averaging 18 possessions, 430 m gained in 9 games after the bye. Possibly the best kick in our teams.

Did you see Cooper Sharmans game for Saints? Project key forward, 21. Kicked 4.1 and gave 15m handpass to team mate in the square. Did a bit around the ground too. Was pick 21 this years mid season draft. If VFL becomes more normal next year there will be potentially bargains with good form for mid season draft. Having list space and early picks will be an advantage for slow starting teams.

We Picked Johnson who could done as well but Injured his Finger in his 1st Training Session at the Club

All over Luke Dunstan. Gotta improve that slack, soft midfield and Dunstan can win a football and he knows a thing or two about tackling too. We'd be foolish not to give him a two year deal and free up Crisp to stay in defence more, and play De Goey predominantly outside.

and get someone who can Actually win a Clarence

and get someone who can Actually win a Clarence
Add Dunstan to the midfield mix and move Crisp back to defence at the expense of one of Noble/Ruscoe/Madgen and there is immediately a big improvement to the side. I don't think delisted free agents really come much better ability wise than where Dunstan is at. It's a free go at an experienced inside mid who might just need a fresh start. We have to pick him up.

I think it looks like an excellent crop, but none are going to be top shelf for a long time (if at all). 5 year minimum before this crop are 23 and really beginning to be ready to carry much of the load. We're still on the way down - although I do think we will bounce upwards next year as our current list has more talent than 2nd last in the league.
Yeah, we're certainly not as bad as our ladder position suggested. Probably should have won 2-3 of those close losses, just was on the wrong side of them, As it happens.

Collingwood have spoken to Jack Silvangi's management.... Make that of what you will..

Blues offered him a deal, management aren't happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood have spoken to Jack Silvangi's management.... Make that of what you will..

Blues offered him a deal, management aren't happy.
Yeah, I just read that here.

Jack Silvagni (Carlton)
Silvagni is clearly less than thrilled with the size and length of the contract offer handed to him from Carlton. He makes the Blues better, but would a rival invest significant draft capital in a mid-sized half forward with 56 goals in 78 games? This might sound preposterous but a club like Collingwood would be more interested in dragging him through the pre-season draft with a three-year deal on reasonable money, a tactic his old man used on Jack Martin at Carlton.

Jack Silvagni (Carlton)
Silvagni is clearly less than thrilled with the size and length of the contract offer handed to him from Carlton. He makes the Blues better, but would a rival invest significant draft capital in a mid-sized half forward with 56 goals in 78 games? This might sound preposterous but a club like Collingwood would be more interested in dragging him through the pre-season draft with a three-year deal on reasonable money, a tactic his old man used on Jack Martin at Carlton.

I don't pay for HS so haven't seen that, I just got a message from source. I think he'd be a great connector for the forward line.

Unpopular opinion, but Jack Silvagni would be a good addition to our list IMO.

Jack Silvagni (Carlton)

Would love that just for the laughs. Silvagni at Collingwood, delicious. I know SOS and especially Jo pretty well, would love to get some mileage from that.

Would love that just for the laughs. Silvagni at Collingwood, delicious. I know SOS and especially Jo pretty well, would love to get some mileage from that.

Jo was a Pies fan before meeting SOS, so I imagine she’d get over it very quickly.

Silvagni not big on him as a forward... but looked good as a big body mid with 25 possessions and 6 clearances vs saints the other week.

Could also play across half back and be an immediate upgrade on Murphy and Wilson there. Right age group. Probably cost minimal

🤔
He was playing ruck. He's a good connector type, What Miochek does really well. Wouldn't be a bad get.

I reckon it was about short term PR due to the negativity of trade week.

But even if it was a rational decision, they got way unders in the trade and we shouldn't be scratching so much for Daicos points because some should have been thrown in.
It was all related

The salary cap was shot, but we should have got back more for Adz/Stepho, and with retirements we had plenty of list spots to fill.

With Daicos awaiting in 2021, the decision was to target 2020 draft and acknowledge that 2021 would be Daicos and change.

What we received for our first rounder (two second picks and a future 4th) from a points perspective equates with a pick 9/10.

When doing the trade, that woukd have been the assumption of where the Pies would finish...ie battling to make the 8.

GWS happy to take the punt that we would fall away, and have been handsomely rewarded...

We did have further trades that gave us back some 2021 points.

So it is very much a Giants would be happy, and if Poulter, McMahon and Daicos come good than the Pies should be happy too.

Silvagni not big on him as a forward... but looked good as a big body mid with 25 possessions and 6 clearances vs saints the other week.

Could also play across half back and be an immediate upgrade on Murphy and Wilson there. Right age group. Probably cost minimal

🤔

Intercept defender perhaps. But we don't need another medium marking forward to play alongside Henry and Elliott (who plays that role even though he's not medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back