List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood have spoken to Jack Silvangi's management.... Make that of what you will..

Blues offered him a deal, management aren't happy.

Are we that Desperate? or Best Mate for Nick Daicos;)

It was all related

The salary cap was shot, but we should have got back more for Adz/Stepho, and with retirements we had plenty of list spots to fill.

With Daicos awaiting in 2021, the decision was to target 2020 draft and acknowledge that 2021 would be Daicos and change.

What we received for our first rounder (two second picks and a future 4th) from a points perspective equates with a pick 9/10.

When doing the trade, that woukd have been the assumption of where the Pies would finish...ie battling to make the 8.

GWS happy to take the punt that we would fall away, and have been handsomely rewarded...

We did have further trades that gave us back some 2021 points.

So it is very much a Giants would be happy, and if Poulter, McMahon and Daicos come good than the Pies should be happy too.

The thing is that we are the only club that talks about matching the points. Every other club that trades an early pick down increases the points significantly. That's the current trade market. A top 10 pick is worth considerably more than two mid 20s picks in trade - even if the points match. GWS would have taken the deal eagerly even if they thought it was going to be pick 9.

Silvagni not big on him as a forward... but looked good as a big body mid with 25 possessions and 6 clearances vs saints the other week.

Could also play across half back and be an immediate upgrade on Murphy and Wilson there. Right age group. Probably cost minimal

🤔

Carlton would not trade him to us IF they did they would want more than what he is Worth

Giving Carlton a bitta the old treatment we get every season. Pay up for your spuds, Blues

In all seriousness he's a workhorse and gives his all every week. He's a pretty irrelevant forward but I reckon he has some untapped potential as a big bodied mid or even as a medium defender. If we could drag him through to the PSD he'd be a nice coup, but otherwise I'm not too concerned.

Unpopular opinion, but Jack Silvagni would be a good addition to our list IMO.
I think I said the same thing a couple of months ago. Silvagni and Daicos families are very close too.

Would love that just for the laughs. Silvagni at Collingwood, delicious. I know SOS and especially Jo pretty well, would love to get some mileage from that.
Jo was a pies nuffie before she married SOS too wasn’t she?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love Silvagni at the club. He's tough and skillful. Would be interested seeing him play as an inside mid. Dunston would be a horrible pick up.

If we had pick 2 this year, we would have to trade it before draft night, as far as I'm aware you can't keep it and trade live if bid on pick 1 as you have to match it. So I'm curious what people think we should have done with pick 2? The only way to get full value would be to trade for future picks. Which mean they don't play til 2023. So I'm, Poulter, McMahon with 2 years experience and points, or 2 kids we haven't even heard of yet. I think our strategy of getting as many young kids into the club at once will be seen as a huge win in the future.

Would love Silvagni at the club. He's tough and skillful. Would be interested seeing him play as an inside mid. Dunston would be a horrible pick up.

If we had pick 2 this year, we would have to trade it before draft night, as far as I'm aware you can't keep it and trade live if bid on pick 1 as you have to match it. So I'm curious what people think we should have done with pick 2? The only way to get full value would be to trade for future picks. Which mean they don't play til 2023. So I'm, Poulter, McMahon with 2 years experience and points, or 2 kids we haven't even heard of yet. I think our strategy of getting as many young kids into the club at once will be seen as a huge win in the future.

I think too big a deal is made about the 2 years experience.

Here are the two drafts that set up the Cats era of dominance:

1999 - Corey, Chapman, Ling, Enright
2001 - Bartell, Kelly, Johnson, Ablett

By the time they were ready, the extra two year's of experience was irrelevant. In fact the younger one's were probably more important, becasue they were more talented. If you are rebuilding through the draft, you've got to be patient - and valuing something much higher simply because you get it sooner isn't patience.

Jo was a pies nuffie before she married SOS too wasn’t she?
Before I knew her. What she was for a while was pretty off the Blues when SOS was at loggerheads with them. I think she would swing pretty easily to Pies if they looked after her boy better than the Blues but I reckon Steve would find it hard.

Hine hasn't got a great record when it comes to trading in the blokes he was really keen on in their draft year - Corrie, Karnesis to name two. Aish.
Jordan Russel, Simon Buckley...I think you're onto something unfortunately

With the two years experience we would have still filled our list spots in 2021 so while the names wouldnt be Poulter and McMahon (Maybe for McMahon as he may have still been available later) we would have picked two other kids to develop with a little less upside.

The carrot would be the hopefully high end player from the 2022 draft we would have been able to add by trading out pick 2 from this year.

Cannot be any worse than whatever wacky combination of Adams, Sier, Brown x2, Thomas and Daicos they tried to put together in the early stages of the year. Dunstan is clearly a significant upgrade on many of our awful midfield depth options.

After watching him closely on the weekend in the SANFL I actually think Boyd Woodcock would be a really worthwhile acquisition. Particularly as he is OOC.

Prior to that game I had only considered him a forward option, but he really showed a lot as a midfielder. He has pretty slick skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back