List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need to be allocating resources and minutes to Dunstan.
Taylor Adams in an injury free year will be there.
JDG will be there with his transformation.
Pendlebury will still be here.
Add then the youth of Daicos x 2, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter all of whom we will be looking to get games in to...we simply have no need for a player like Dunstan.
Adams isn't there 100 percent of game time though. The midfield lineup rotates throughout the game with multiple combinations, so I don't know why people are thinking that we would have two sketchy disposal, contested beasts in there at the same time. The theory with Dunstan is that he would compliment our young mids by being at the coal face, taking the hits and dishing it out to them.

Saints have already got a surplus of dedicated senior, hard bodied contested mids in Steele, Crouch, Jones and Hannebury (when he plays). Dunstan doesn't get favoured over those 4, whereas we only really have Adams in that role.

Add Dunstan to the midfield mix and move Crisp back to defence at the expense of one of Noble/Ruscoe/Madgen and there is immediately a big improvement to the side. I don't think delisted free agents really come much better ability wise than where Dunstan is at. It's a free go at an experienced inside mid who might just need a fresh start. We have to pick him up.
The next Lyons?

Still can go but we don't do that Sadly
dog-cachorro.gif

We dont need to be allocating resources and minutes to Dunstan.
Taylor Adams in an injury free year will be there.
JDG will be there with his transformation.
Pendlebury will still be here.
Add then the youth of Daicos x 2, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter all of whom we will be looking to get games in to...we simply have no need for a player like Dunstan.
De Goey is a very poor clearance player. Nobody really talks about it but as a full time midfielder, he wins very few clearances. We want him on the outside.

Pendlebury should be done as an inside mid. He can’t win the football like he used to and he doesn’t work hard enough defensively either.

Josh Daicos isn’t an inside mid. We’ve given him plenty of time in the guts but he’s too little and just doesn’t have the knack. He’s an outside player only.

The rest of your list has played about 15 games between them. We need help.

saints fans universally think Dunstan is a spud who has worse foot skills than most vfl players. Not sure I’d be too excited…
Avgs 25 disp @ 66% with 5 tackles which I'd take at our stage. Interestingly B.Crouch's stats are identical

De Goey is a very poor clearance player. Nobody really talks about it but as a full time midfielder, he wins very few clearances. We want him on the outside.

Pendlebury should be done as an inside mid. He can’t win the football like he used to and he doesn’t work hard enough defensively either.

Josh Daicos isn’t an inside mid. We’ve given him plenty of time in the guts but he’s too little and just doesn’t have the knack. He’s an outside player only.

He's averaging 3 a game, Crisp even less, in an ideal setup the Goo would be 80% forward and Crisp would go back to defence, but that could take some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don’t see any above average potential in any of our kids?
Almost all our kids are 21 and under, the other clubs with young lists are more advanced than that so I think the jury is out for the moment, all we can really say is we had 9 debutants (could have been 10 with McInnes) and Hine looks to have picked the eyes out of the last draft.

But we get the players in now with 2 years development...
Not in 2022....
You cant have your cake and eat it too.
Agree with all your views on this brother.
Get the experience in early as we have. All the better for it in 2 years time. 🍻

100% agree - need a bull at the stoppages to give the kids and DeGoey/Pendlebury a chop out

Could do much worse

100% agree - need a bull at the stoppages to give the kids and DeGoey/Pendlebury a chop out

Could do much worse
Pendlebury and Sidebottom are out of the discussion for clearances, It's probably because they've been played in different positions this year but neither is averaging more than 1.6 clearances a game

Would love Silvagni at the club. He's tough and skillful. Would be interested seeing him play as an inside mid. Dunston would be a horrible pick up.

If we had pick 2 this year, we would have to trade it before draft night, as far as I'm aware you can't keep it and trade live if bid on pick 1 as you have to match it. So I'm curious what people think we should have done with pick 2? The only way to get full value would be to trade for future picks. Which mean they don't play til 2023. So I'm, Poulter, McMahon with 2 years experience and points, or 2 kids we haven't even heard of yet. I think our strategy of getting as many young kids into the club at once will be seen as a huge win in the future.
The media keep bashing us from all angles, only recently publishing our woeful decision in trading out this years first as the Giants now have our pick 2? So called experts haven’t got a f clue....We would obviously lose our pick 2 on having to match North’s bid for Nick Daicos and we wouldn’t have gained Poulter & McMahon as picks for trading out our 1st...Tell me North wouldn’t bid on Daicos if we still had our pick??? Of course they would, it’s f Collingwood, every club kicks us at every opportunity.

If the Saints prefer Hannerbery over Dunstan, it says a lot of Dunstan, or the Saints are just that stupid.
Hanners has played 15 games in three seasons, Dunstan played 12 this year alone, his body is done. He ain't getting any younger! Dunstan is the obvious replacement. I'd rather we promote from within, like Reef or Fin.

The media keep bashing us from all angles, only recently publishing our woeful decision in trading out this years first as the Giants now have our pick 2? So called experts haven’t got a f clue....We would obviously lose our pick 2 on having to match North’s bid for Nick Daicos and we wouldn’t have gained Poulter & McMahon as picks for trading out our 1st...Tell me North wouldn’t bid on Daicos if we still had our pick??? Of course they would, it’s f Collingwood, every club kicks us at every opportunity.

I guess the argument could be made that the known commodity pick 2 could have generated us a greater return at the trade table than 2 second rounders.

Sample dialogue:
"Hey GWS, give us Taranto for pick 2 before we get him for free in a couple of years"

The counter argument of course is 1) Poulter and McMahon are fine footballers that will end up contributing well in future and 2) we likely couldn't afford the big fish that we might’ve chased.

I guess the argument could be made that the known commodity pick 2 could have generated us a greater return at the trade table than 2 second rounders.

Sample dialogue:
"Hey GWS, give us Taranto for pick 2 before we get him for free in a couple of years"

The counter argument of course is 1) Poulter and McMahon are fine footballers that will end up contributing well in future and 2) we likely couldn't afford the big fish that we might’ve chased.
I suppose we had come off a season winning the first final against WCE over there.
Not sure many would have predicted the Pies to have the 2nd pick in the draft at the time. If so, we would have received alot more than was forthcoming

If the Saints prefer Hannerbery over Dunstan, it says a lot of Dunstan, or the Saints are just that stupid.
Hanners has played 15 games in three seasons, Dunstan played 12 this year alone, his body is done. He ain't getting any younger! Dunstan is the obvious replacement. I'd rather we promote from within, like Reef or Fin.
The Saints have bulk inside midfield depth, you can see why they’d let a middling player like Dunstan go. Steele and Crouch are obviously the top dogs, Jones and Clark are two inside/outside balanced options, they like Gresham in the middle, want to put games into Jack Bytel who is young and solid, and they’ve got Hannebery as a luxury for the handful of games he’s fit for. AND there’s Seb Ross too, but like Dunstan he’s a free agent and I’m not sure he’ll be a Saint next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back