List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you wanting to trade next years first or not do a proper rebuild here are just 2 of the KPF available next year.

Lemmey

Keeler hanger and then 5 goals mix of highlights/lowlights.

If Degoey takes the FA option as is being rumoured to be considered then potentially depending on our finish we may land both.

Lol DeGoey isn’t going anywhere. The only speculation about him going has been the media trying to say we will have to lose one

I think Cerra being the only name on the market is an indicator of the general state of salary caps around the league. I have no idea how Carlton have money with the guys I mentioned in my previous post plus Williams, Saad, Weitering and now Hewitt and Cerra between those 8 they’re looking at roughly 50% of their salary cap in 2022 which allows for less than $200k per player across the rest of their list. They are win now!

I'm sure SOS somehow explained the happenings at Carlton on Trade Radio last season. Something to do with constant 95% seasons and banking cap for future use.

I really don't understand how it works but there'd surely have to be an expiry date on cap change or you could just stink it up for ten years and then create a NBA-style superteam for the 5 years after that.

Anyone want to explain this to me, please go ahead!

I'm sure SOS somehow explained the happenings at Carlton on Trade Radio last season. Something to do with constant 95% seasons and banking cap for future use.

I really don't understand how it works but there'd surely have to be an expiry date on cap change or you could just stink it up for ten years and then create a NBA-style superteam for the 5 years after that.

Iirc it only extended to one year at 95% allows you to then use 105% the year after.

For those of you wanting to trade next years first or not do a proper rebuild here are just 2 of the KPF available next year.

Lemmey

Keeler hanger and then 5 goals mix of highlights/lowlights.

If Degoey takes the FA option as is being rumoured to be considered then potentially depending on our finish we may land both.

I’d prefer to keep next year’s first.

I would be hoping to also have our 2nd going into draft night as I’d be willing to trade it into this year to take someone like Van Rooyen or Bazzo.

Gets us another KPP in this year to develop and allows us some flexibility next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And if it came to the PSD, Lipinski can do a Luke ball and nominate a two year contract worth 95% of the total of the three year contract he’s agreed to with us.
With our cap issues that may be the one way to ensure Lipinski doesn’t get to us.

There is a limitation on how long you can bank it of three years and as Loki pointed out you can only use it once, but not only that an extra 5% doesn’t go far pre Covid it was about $600k so it’s now closer to $500k.

Playing out the salary cap talk around us you have to wonder how we’re the talking point when the Bulldogs have 2 dual AA’s (Macrae and Daniel) and the brightest young star in the game (Smith) off contract in 2021. Despite offering 3 year contracts to fringe players supposedly we’re the talking point. The mind boggles!

I have no problem there BEEG but the endless, repetitive recitations of that time are beyond boring now.

Standing 20 meter spring is more about fast muscle fibre twitch rate and preparation than anything. First explosive step can be the difference between winning and losing.

Hey if you can get people to stop posting in here how we didn't stuff up (usually because of an article or media person) then most people including myself will be happy to move on.

For a while it was just boring, it's now become annoying and in most cases absolutely irrelevant to the discussion in hand.

Some people refuse to move on.

Agreed. People need to learn to forgive and move on. Mistakes have been acknowledged, heads have rolled and it’s time for a clean slate and to look ahead.
Rival clubs and media want us to stew on this sad period and let it fester. That sort of reaction will leave us a sad shell of a club for too long.

So let's listen to the media for a second.

Next year we'll probably come last, because we're rubbish.

But then we somehow won't be able to afford Moore, DeGoey or Maynard, so they'll all leave.

Then what? Three first round compensation picks?

Maybe we'll end up with picks 1, 2, 3 and 4 😂

You just know they'd ditch compensation the day after that happened.

With our luck probably remove it 6 weeks out.

Hey if you can get people to stop posting in here how we didn't stuff up (usually because of an article or media person) then most people including myself will be happy to move on.
. . . It's his fault . . NO it's HIS fault . . no it's . . .

Kindergarten stuff BEEG.

Be a bigger man than the other and just move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This shits been getting disected for a year. It's tedious and unconstructive at this point.

Keep this intensity when you see someone post next about how it didn't effect us and we didn't lose anything blah blah.

Was all brought up again because someone was defending the decision in regards to some media person who had an opinion that we shouldn't give two ****s about.

Consistency please.

Wouldn't want Cerra at that price.

Have to get back to blokes wanting to play for the biggest club infront of a huge fanbase with great facilities not because we are overpaying them to stay.

Carlton are absolutely ****ed if they ever have any success, imagine actually playing finals then having pay some of these blokes while being in a potential premiership window, they have played themselves into a corner.

Wouldn't want Cerra at that price.

Have to get back to blokes wanting to play for the biggest club infront of a huge fanbase with great facilities not because we are overpaying them to stay.

Carlton are absolutely f’ed if they ever have any success, imagine actually playing finals then having pay some these blokes they have played themselves into a corner.
Anticipation can be such pleasurable thing.

Alright, so who's available and actually worth going after?

Jeremy Sharp?

Also excuse the lack of research but was Fiorini injured at the start of the year? Only played 9 games at the back end, and under contract.

Don't think Fiorini could get a game from what I can remember.

Don't think Fiorini could get a game from what I can remember.

Seems strange that a 24 year old, since making his debut in 2016, has played 2 games (2016), 13, 11, 21, 5 and now 9 games. And yet finds himself under contract until the end of 2023.

I'll admit I haven't seen much of him but he must be either injury prone or has some knocks.

Playing out the salary cap talk around us you have to wonder how we’re the talking point when the Bulldogs have 2 dual AA’s (Macrae and Daniel) and the brightest young star in the game (Smith) off contract in 2021. Despite offering 3 year contracts to fringe players supposedly we’re the talking point. The mind boggles!
And Libbas old contract was, get back on the park and we'll pay you properly in your next contract. Clubs would have come courting.

Some nuffie just proposed this trade. What some people must be on.

Josh Thomas AND a future second for Lipinski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back