List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money has to be right because he is open to moving and living a quiet life in NSW/QLD went to boxing recently and couldn't believe how he walked around Sydney not being noticed.
“The money has to be right because…” are those his words, paraphrased, or your assessment? Because if the former, good night there is no way he’s staying with the offers he’ll get.

Question: With the negotiation with Bulldogs over Lipinksi, is there any possibility of including salary cap as part of that trade? (ie: effectively undoing part payment of Treloar’s contract?). Or is that simply not possible because Lipinski is an uncontracted player, so there’s no part of a future contract for Bulldogs to pay out?
Its a good point and I certainly hope it is something we raise with them. We'll be more amenable to giving you a future 3rd pick if you pay a portion of his salary. If its not possible because of the reason you mention, potentially Treloar's contract with us can be torn up and we agree to a new one with him where we pay only $200k or $250k per year over 5 not the rumoured $300k and dogs pick up the rest. Treloar would have to agree, but it would ease our cap squeeze a little.

“The money has to be right because…” are those his words, paraphrased, or your assessment? Because if the former, good night there is no way he’s staying with the offers he’ll get.

He won't take unders to stay but I can't see him leaving because of 150k for example.

We have to really **** up the offer to lose him.

So if a trade does not occur because Collingwood play hard ball on the moderate ask of a future 3rd... he won’t then consider his options?

NM then ring his manager... promise the same deal but an extra 50-75k... he won’t consider his options?

I think he leaves the Bulldogs no matter what. And I’m sure there are multiple Melbourne clubs that would offer him an immediate 3 year deal.

At the end of the day he wants to leave to play weekly football... not because he wants to play for Collingwood as much as we the punters do here on Bigfooty

If all he is after is $$$ and playing time, as opposed to wanting to play for Collingwood specifically, then do we really want him in the first place?

You know I don’t want to lose them but also don’t want our Salary cap to be hamstrung by 3-4 players

If we lose 3-4 of the well known stars, then we have a very strong draft hand, especially if we bottom out for a year or two.

I’m ok with that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Grundy contract will kill us for years to come.

Are suggesting the 2k time used to establish endurance in the combine has no value?
Are also suggesting we ignore those stats for ranking the Ruckmen in the draft?
I think you are just speculating- at this point we only have 2k trial to assess the endurance of Lynch and Grundy objectively.

Not sure if Gouki is, but I think it holds zero value. How many times have you seen AFL footballers run 5 consecutive laps of a ground? I’d say a better measure would be for players to wrestle each other for 3-5 seconds then have to run 50 metres to a designated spot. Do that as many times as you can over a 20 minute stretch and you’ve got a much better gauge on someone’s endurance.

Not sure if Gouki is, but I think it holds zero value. How many times have you seen AFL footballers run 5 consecutive laps of a ground? I’d say a better measure would be for players to wrestle each other for 3-5 seconds then have to run 50 metres to a designated spot. Do that as many times as you can over a 20 minute stretch and you’ve got a much better gauge on someone’s endurance.

The old "no matter how much training you do, there's nothing like match fitness" argument you hear after round one in local footy leagues around the country.

You'd think someone would've come up with a match simulation/endurance course by now!

The old "no matter how much training you do, there's nothing like match fitness" argument you hear after round one in local footy leagues around the country.

You'd think someone would've come up with a match simulation/endurance course by now!

Would a pub and bar crawl down Chapel st .continuing on to Church st. suffice.

The Grundy contract will kill us for years to come.

I was hoping Port after the finals loss would come asking.

Play Lycett up forward with Dixon.

Grundy back home and full time ruck.

Would have taken there first pick, 2nd pick and one of Marshall or Georgiades.

Geez would have jumped at just the 2 picks.

Grundy 28 in April it's still unbelievable that he not only got the money but also the years.

You do realise the 2km time trial is a measure of ones cardiovascular system?

if you do understand this, then how can you not understand the link between a test (such as the 2km time trial) to measure ones cardiovascular endurance, and ones ability to sustain muscular and cardiovascular movements in terms of game related movements

Your cardiovascular system are working in both situations, under different contexts. Those who test better in running tests, such as beep tests, 2km’s etc, is a direct indicator of how their cardiovascular system will hold up under repeated efforts involved in game/match situations. Its the same system being tested. It is the ability of your heart and lungs to pump oxygen to fuel your body.

If you can’t see the link between the two, then i’m not sure I can help you haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if he can’t dominate and play to his contract value in 2022, we need to make a decision on him.
He will perform…but irrespective of that, how many clubs have won premierships paying a single player a rumoured 1m?! Not many I’d say.

We should ask him to take a significant pay cut or trade him.

He won't take unders to stay but I can't see him leaving because of 150k for example.

We have to really fu** up the offer to lose him.
Another thing to consider is who will have the money to offer at the end of next year COVID has cut into the salary cap and there are rumours of a number of other clubs struggling with TPP. There might not be the $1M+ offers around that there may have been 2 years ago. He's already on good money (so is Moore). How much extra will other clubs conceivably be able to offer?

Another thing to consider is who will have the money to offer at the end of next year COVID has cut into the salary cap and there are rumours of a number of other clubs struggling with TPP. There might not be the $1M+ offers around that there may have been 2 years ago. He's already on good money (so is Moore). How much extra will other clubs conceivably be able to offer?

Nth
Suns
Tigers
Adelaide
Hawthorn

I can only see GC being the main danger.

Whats the matter fan boy?
not liking all this change ?

Dont worry I’ll get Nathan and the current board to come over and tuck you in at night.

Lol mate if you venture over to the Collingwood subreddit you'll see I've been one of the biggest advocates for change at the club.

Things seem to be going pretty well so far with the amount of change that has already occurred, haven't they?

But the Board doesn't control the salary cap is my point. The football department controls that.

A couple of things worth remembering with Moore, De Goey and Maynard next year.

1. They are all restricted free agents meaning that we have the option match any offers they receive to force a trade. That means that any offer from a rival club needs to exceed what we have budgeted for each of them to get them as a free agent.

2. Those sort of offers would likely attract a first round pick each as compensation. Now bare in mind that the position of those picks is tied directly to our normal first round pick regardless of whether we still hold it. So even if we trade it this year to get another top 5 pick this year those compensation picks would still be the next picks after that pick.

3. So let’s say the worst happens next year and we finish bottom 2 and all three decided to leave for offers we can’t match. We could conceivably be left holding 4 of the top 5 selections in next year’s draft

Now for me I hope that all three stay and we bounce back up the ladder, but I don’t think we should be tearing our hair out or going all doomsday if they don’t.

We didn't do what every other club would do. It has probably happened, but I'm not sure if I can think of any other club that has traded out the year before on the presumption that their and the kid involved's seasons would work out the way predicted. And in an off season with so much turmoil - making the upcoming season very unpredictable. And sold out for unders as well.
I think Bulldogs did it last year.They didn't have a R1 pick. Got enough points for Ugle-Hagen by screwing us in the Treloar deal.

I think Bulldogs did it last year.They didn't have a R1 pick. Got enough points for Ugle-Hagen by screwing us in the Treloar deal.
They had the pick. They traded it to us in order to get those points and Treloar.

I'm a bit excited about Henry who we got for that pick, so it might end up not being awful.

I dont know a single person alive or dead who would willingly trade pick 2 for pick 27 and 31.

That's effectively what we did. Yes Poulter looks a player and the trade may well work out well but when looking at it as a raw deal we got bent over...
They obviously hadn't considered finishing second last.

The easiest way to free up money for Moore, De Goey and Maynard would be to trade Turnover Adams.

He would easily be replaced by incoming Lipinski and perhaps signing Dunstan as a delisted free agent.

If we send Adams home to Geelong we could actually bring back Kreuger and a 2nd round pick, useful for Daicos points.

I dont know a single person alive or dead who would willingly trade pick 2 for pick 27 and 31.

That's effectively what we did. Yes Poulter looks a player and the trade may well work out well but when looking at it as a raw deal we got bent over...

It was 24 and 30 was it not? Plus a future fourth?
Who would pay more than those picks this year anyway? Completely compromised draft early with Daicos and Darcy, Horne-Francis is gone and then the jump to the tier below is massive. Two picks in the early second could nearly be worth more than pick 2 > which would slide to 4 due to the blanket style nature of this draft. Players are getting ranged all over the shop. The pick would’ve been swallowed by a Daicos bid at 1, and we fast tracked by going a year early (and probably two years early considering we probably would’ve traded out if this draft with #2 into next years draft)
Considering Reef was always going to come to us, the addition of that pick 24 actually netted us Fin without having to lose Poulter and losing picks that way. The five player selection last year was an amazing outcome for us, people thinking having pick two would be rosy because NM wouldn’t have bid (there is no universe where they allow us to select a top 5 pick as well as daicos) are completely naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back