List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloke on the line on TR right now with the groundbreaking discovery that there's been a lot of player movement between GWS and Carlton in the past.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, I recall there being a large players from GWS has gone to Carlton. SOS being a link there.

Keane and Kelly would be the two key defenders waiting in the wings I'd back in. Roughy has one more year at least left in him, which is one more year of development for the two of Kelly and Keane.

They may not make it, but I'm backing Leppa.

I don’t see either as a full back... more 2nd defenders or 3rd defenders in that Madgen role

In the modern game the full back needs to be 195cm plus and 98-100kg like Roughead is

Bloke on the line on TR right now with the groundbreaking discovery that there's been a lot of player movement between GWS and Carlton in the past.

Damn it, the best calls always happen the minute I step away from my computer!

Oh I'm well aware - as I imagine virtually anyone that follows AFL would be. This bloke was ringing up talking as if he'd had a Eureka moment.
Yeah, crazy lol Its the I was thinking of when they were talking about players going from one club to another. This was definitely very public news, not something that was undiscovered haha.

From memory Port wanted .Didak + a pick I think.

Yes, they were asking for Dids +. They were asking too much, because basically they didn't want Stevens to get to us, as us and Port were both flag contenders, so they didn't want to make us better.

I don’t see either as a full back... more 2nd defenders or 3rd defenders in that Madgen role

In the modern game the full back needs to be 195cm plus and 98-100kg like Roughead is

Sorry the stats for the last 10 years of All Australian full backs doesn't backup your statement:

YEARNAMEHEIGHTWEIGHT
2021Steven May193102
2020Harris Andrews202100
2019Harris Andrews202100
2018Alex Rance19496
2017Alex Rance19496
2016Alex Rance19496
2015Alex Rance19496
2014Daniel Talia19798
2013Scott Thompson19396
2012Luke McPharlin19290
2011Darren Glass19294
Mark Keane19495
Will Kelly19493

Keane and Kelly may need to put on a few kg's but they are only shorter than 2 of the last 7 AA fullbacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol DeGoey isn’t going anywhere. The only speculation about him going has been the media trying to say we will have to lose one

He’s probably gone at the end of next year. Unless we want to repeat our Grundy blunder.

Wasn't that when both Collingwood and Carlton were chasing Stevens and neither club wished to give into PA demands and he went to the PSD without nominating a preferred club?

Yes but Stevens was a genuine gun player and a star of the competition. Carlton were obliged to take him.

Port Adelaide wanted Didak and a first or some such nonsense.

Fiorini is a name that myself and others have floated on here for years - you could see the potential if he cleaned up his disposal a bit

In his 9 games this year he averaged 26 disposals, 5 tackles, 4.5 clearances and 330 metres gained.

There is no way the Gold Coast let him go now

You would think most footballers are pretty much fully developed in terms of their disposal skills by the time they hit 24, there aren't many who drastically improve their disposal (and especially their kicking) from that point onwards.

You would think most footballers are pretty much fully developed in terms of their disposal skills by the time they hit 24, there aren't many who drastically improve their disposal (and especially their kicking) from that point onwards.
Players that have had a string of nagging injuries would be the only exception I could think of.

Curiously wondering about the acquisition of Kreuger. We've flagged playing him as a forward, which I like, but can we play him in the same forward line as Mihocek and Cameron?

We still need that eventual Roughead replacement...

He's that more mobile tall forward that we have been lacking for a while now. Mihocek plays short if anything, not tall, and Cameron is strictly your hit up on leads out of the goal square forward ruck type.

Check out his video again and you'll see what I mean in terms of Kreuger potentially being that mobile tall forward we need.

Curiously wondering about the acquisition of Kreuger. We've flagged playing him as a forward, which I like, but can we play him in the same forward line as Mihocek and Cameron?

We still need that eventual Roughead replacement...
Absolutely. Mihocek needs someone to take the big defender away from him. He will still be the lead up forward.
Cameron is just like a resting ruckman so no issue.

Last edited:
Sorry the stats for the last 10 years of All Australian full backs doesn't backup your statement:

YEARNAMEHEIGHTWEIGHT
2021Steven May193102
2020Harris Andrews202100
2019Harris Andrews202100
2018Alex Rance19496
2017Alex Rance19496
2016Alex Rance19496
2015Alex Rance19496
2014Daniel Talia19798
2013Scott Thompson19396
2012Luke McPharlin19290
2011Darren Glass19294
Mark Keane19495
Will Kelly19493

Keane and Kelly may need to put on a few kg's but they are only shorter than 2 of the last 7 AA fullbacks.

I think that table in the last 5 years does back up what I’m saying. Rance is a cm off 195cm and they are all at least 96kg

May at 193cm is an exception just as Dunn was.

The modern big forwards are getting taller. Kings, T Lynch, McKay, Daniher, Larkey, Naughton, etc etc all 195cm plus

Kelly is 194cm but will never reach 96kg even when ringing wet. Keane is 194cm and 92kg and might reach 96kg or so needed to compete with the full forwards and ruck forwards

Tohill is the one that had the height and athleticism but was again to lean. Moore isn’t a good full back.

We need to bring in a proper sized experienced full back in the next year or two

Yes but Stevens was a genuine gun player and a star of the competition. Carlton were obliged to take him.

Port Adelaide wanted Didak and a first or some such nonsense.

Correct me I'm wrong Mr. Sampler but after negotiations broke down between the three clubs he entered the PSD without nominating a club and without complaint knowing that he was Carlton bound. In theory he could have stayed at PA. Here is his agent

"As far as I'm concerned, Nick Stevens will go into the pre-season draft," Stevens's manager Max Stevens said yesterday. He also scotched talk his player was unwilling to move to the struggling Blues. "If Nick Stevens is picked up by Carlton in the pre-season draft, he will be ecstatic," he said.

So the question remains has any player nominated the team of his choice in the PSD and been picked up by another club ?

I think that table in the last 5 years does back up what I’m saying. Rance is a cm off 195cm and they are all at least 96kg

May at 193cm is an exception just as Dunn was.

The modern big forwards are getting taller. Kings, T Lynch, McKay, Daniher, Larkey, Naughton, etc etc all 195cm plus

Kelly is 194cm but will never reach 96kg even when ringing wet. Keane is 194cm and 92kg and might reach 96kg or so needed to compete with the full forwards and ruck forwards

Tohill is the one that had the height and athleticism but was again to lean. Moore isn’t a good full back.

We need to bring in a proper sized experienced full back in the next year or two

I think our new fitness guru is likely get a lot of the guys into the weights room. His NRL background is sure to heavily target body size for many in the squad.

I don't think you're allowed to nominate a club with the PSD. Just like you're not allowed to with the draft. It was public knowledge he wanted to be at the pies, but it means nothing once you're in a draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back