List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is we are getting carried away with the idea the club has a glut of young talent.
I reckon some of those kids heard you tonight and took offence. ;)

It's that 22 to 24 year range that's murdering us, thank god for Josh Daicos or you'd be staring at the Grand Canyon.

17 - 21 YR
N Daicos Dib Henry Quaynor Poulter McInnes Macrea Bianco McMahon Kelly McCreery Begg Ginnivan T Brown Ruscoe Murphy Keane Rantall Chugg Tohill Faye

22 - 24 YR
J Daicos Noble Lynch C Brown Wilson Sier Johnson

25 - 29
Moore Maynard De Goey Grundy Adams Crisp Elliott Mihocek WHE Cameron Thomas Madgen

30+
Pendlebury Sidebottom Howe Roughead Mayne* Greenwood*

Last edited:

Yea but you would think the captain of the club would have signed by now. I’m sure it’ll get done. Just interesting that it’s not done yet.

Fair enough. That’s your opinion. My opinion is that he’s probably earned enough money over his career, it’s timed for us to put him on the Ben Reid deals. If we have such a tight salary squeeze, we can’t have the captain asking for 600k.
You'll hate to hear this but Reid made $600,000 in each of his last two seasons

I reckon some of those kids heard you tonight and took offence. ;)

It's that 22 to 24 year range that's murdering us, thank god for Josh Daicos or you'd be staring at the Grand Canyon.

17 - 21 YR
N Daicos Dib Henry Quaynor Poulter McInnes Macrea Bianco McMahon Kelly McCreery Begg Ginnivan T Brown Ruscoe Murphy Keane Rantall Chugg Tohill Faye

22 - 24 YR
J Daicos Noble Lynch C Brown Wilson Sier Johnson

26 - 29
Moore Maynard De Goey Grundy Adams Crisp Elliott Mihocek WHE Cameron Thomas Madgen

30+
Pendlebury Sidebottom Howe Roughead Mayne* Greenwood*

Time to say goodbye to Thomas, Madgen, WHE and Sier...who else?

If North were smart, they would offer M.Crouch a band 1 salary.

Thatll give Adelaide pick 2 & pick 3.

Swap that for pick 1.

In: M.Crouch, Pick 2 & pick 3.

Out: Pick 1.

So Adelaide are going to trade 2 and 3 for the pleasure of bidding on Darcy and Daicos only to have them matched, then pick the player third best player in the draft afterall?

Yeah, makes sense…

So Adelaide are going to trade 2 and 3 for the pleasure of bidding on Darcy and Daicos only to have them matched, then pick the player third best player in the draft afterall?

Yeah, makes sense…

They get the SA Kid Horne

Not sure why you include a 24 year old Parish?
He isn't youth, that is like including Maynard as our youth.
He comes from the last 6 drafts which is where we have stuffed up. Post the Moore, De G, Maynard draft of 2014 we have Josh D and IQ as established best 22 players. After that we have a few kids some of who look promising. That’s where the hole in our list is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If North were smart, they would offer M.Crouch a band 1 salary.

Thatll give Adelaide pick 2 & pick 3.

Swap that for pick 1.

In: M.Crouch, Pick 2 & pick 3.

Out: Pick 1.
Or they can pick him for nothing in PSD and keep pick 1.

He comes from the last 6 drafts which is where we have stuffed up. Post the Moore, De G, Maynard draft of 2014 we have Josh D and IQ as established best 22 players. After that we have a few kids some of who look promising. That’s where the hole in our list is.
2014 v 2015 drafts
Who cares?

They are established core now...not youth.

The only way to fill that hole of 22 - 24 year olds is to sacrifice some of the players that won't be around for the next tilt. I'd love to get rid of Sidebottom's contract but we wouldn't get much back so I'd shop Hoskin-Elliott around and try nab a Lipinski. Elliott may take advantage of FA and we'd get something back but there's just not a lot of currency on the list to fill that hole.

Our trades last year will really come back to bite. Imagine having pick three this year and what we could do with it and potentially get more picks in. I'm afraid we may have to pay overs to get draft picks in for N Daicos.

I try not to be negative, but we really have to nail the next few drafts. We don't have enough great youth and that massive hole in the 23-24 range is glaring.

I'd honestly be ok with getting rid of anyone above 27 to secure picks for N Daicos. They won't be around for the next tilt anyway.

Our trades last year will really come back to bite. Imagine having pick three this year and what we could do with it and potentially get more picks in. I'm afraid we may have to pay overs to get draft picks in for N Daicos.

I try not to be negative, but we really have to nail the next few drafts. We don't have enough great youth and that massive hole in the 23-24 range is glaring.

I'd honestly be ok with getting rid of anyone above 27 to secure picks for N Daicos. They won't be around for the next tilt anyway.

Sidebottom is the one. A top 6-8 team or the Gold Coast might throw us a 3rd rounder for him. That would go someway to covering any points deficit

But I doubt the club will be that bold this year around. And the culture within the playing group took a hit last year when they forced Treloar out...

But I’d like to see us retain only 3-4 players over 30 and bring in some further 21-24 year old talent just to balance out the list a bit better going forward

The only way to fill that hole of 22 - 24 year olds is to sacrifice some of the players that won't be around for the next tilt. I'd love to get rid of Sidebottom's contract but we wouldn't get much back so I'd shop Hoskin-Elliott around and try nab a Lipinski. Elliott may take advantage of FA and we'd get something back but there's just not a lot of currency on the list to fill that hole.

Another way to fill the 22-25 gap is to stop off loading players in that age group. Stephenson last year, Sier perhaps this year...

I think we’ve got a good mix of young mids and smalls going forward... but I’d like to particularly see some 22-23 year old KPP talent come in.

At that age they are more mature in body, preseasons and more experienced than the Cat B rookie types we’ve taken on who look too light on or inexperienced in the game

Id be looking at 194cm plus players that struggle to get a go because of senior incumbents in their role... bring them in as a forward and they might end up a good defender or vice versa in Mihoceks case

I think the club will look at taking a page out of the Hawthorn playbook, in regeneration of the list, at the time Wrighty was there too, by maybe farewelling a couple of much loved veterans.
We know Greenwood and Mayne will be off the list, Sier, Cox and most likely Lynch will be gone. I would think Thomas, WHE and Sidebottom would also be heavily considered in trade discussions.

We need someone like Jarryd Lyons.

29 disposals & 9 tackles.

Lions got Lyons as a DFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back