List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If we sell the farm for Houston, I don't want to hear anyone complaining about our lack of youth when we have blew it away in a strong draft for the sake of 1 player and then draft some kids in the pick 50's.
If it's a strong draft as you've said ..Then there will be options in the 50s..

I thought this one would go the way of the Henry trade and we talk ourselves into a frenzy over the chance of bringing in Houston only to be left flat as tacks when he lands elsewhere. Cornes comments to me though are a reflection of how serious our chase of Houston is. If he’s piping up we’re either in the box seat or as close to as you can get.

Houston improves us significantly and replaces Noble.

We are in our window, we are going for another flag.

I couldn't give a rats ass about our list in 2-3 years if we get another flag.

We are here to win them.

Your "Oh i don't want to be Richmond" reeks of loser mentality. Gotta risk it for it.
Yep, I'd be happy seeing 4 flags in my lifetime. Seen so many loses. I also don't think we'll fall at all after a couple of years. Still got a pretty good nucleus

Yep, I'd be happy seeing 4 flags in my lifetime. Seen so many loses. I also don't think we'll fall at all after a couple of years. Still got a pretty good nucleus
I think so many supporters here worry about the media and rival supporters laugh that we fail with our list.

I want another flag while we are in this window. Fly and co know what they are doing.

Agree TD. I didn't click on the Kane Cornes link. Rubbish!
Beggers belief that someone finds rubbish, from someone they disrespect, and post it here thinking we would find it interesting or enlightening.

If we are on SM we have the time to record shows that we like. No one on here gives a **** what he thinks.

Last edited:
My huge worry is we will lose the quality players due to age pendles,sidey and howe for example next year and also chechers this is basically our mid field a key back oh forgot about mitchell and also elliiott.
Thats 6 key players and a couple of really good footballers be prepared for mid ladder for a few seasons alas in my opionion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they would.

What do you think they’re doing about it?
Their asking questions of players everywhere and not sitting on their hands.

The draft can play a part in a flag, but it doesn't win you flag. Trading and FA does, you prioritise Trade/FA while having a couple cracks at the draft and then target mature agers as they come.

Because theres always players looking to play at the best clubs.

Can’t have counter opinions on here anymore hey?
Why do you want Houston so bad?
Where do you see our list in 3 years?
If we manage to add Houston to go with Perryman and Schultz who we've already added - I see us still having a crack to win in 3 years time. We will have already replaced a couple of the retirees before they've retired and will have multiple trade/draft periods to continue to add players - and that's even if very few of our youngsters come through.

I refuse to watch or Listen to Kane Cornes as he is Full of Shit and don't have a Clue

How can these people get jobs when they don't have a Clue?

Just because somebody tells us what we don’t want to hear, it doesn’t mean that they don’t know what they’re talking about.

I’m yet to hear anybody argue how Cornes is wrong on this point.

(I hope he is wrong, but I don’t see how he can be unless our aging list somehow has a better run of injuries)

If we sell the farm for Houston, I don't want to hear anyone complaining about our lack of youth when we have blew it away in a strong draft for the sake of 1 player and then draft some kids in the pick 50's.

Blame Fly if that happens. He wants players not picks. I don't agree with him at all and I love what he has done for our club.

3 flags in 4 years if we sign Houston. **** me he must be good.
That’s Dan Houston we are talking about yeah?
That’s not what I said and you know it. Don’t twist my words please.

That aside, it feels like you don’t actually know how good Houston is either, the way you’re talking about him.

Last edited:
If we manage to add Houston to go with the Perryman and Schultz we've already added - I see us still having a crack to win in 3 years time. We will have already replaced a couple of the retirees before they've retired and will have multiple trade/draft periods to continue to add players - and that's even if very few of our youngsters come through.
Ed Allan could be the mid to partner Nick for the next decade.

I think we're in with a shot if he's open to us, but it will involve us adding our Hawks second rounder to Noble and future first to get 13 and 23 - which I think is about par - and then Port rating this draft highly enough to be happy with 13, 23 and Richards for Houston.

houston, we have a problem...

Blame Fly if that happens. He wants players not picks. I don't agree with him at all and I love what he has done for our club.
You can have both (by all means get cheaper players, but lets not sacrifice whats proposed to do it)
Carlton are attempting this very thing.
But sometimes Fly needs to trust the list management people to do their job at the end of the day.

Does Houston actually want to come to pies does he? Has he nominated us? I thought his relationship with Walsh and Voss was the reason why he wanted to go to blues. Why would we want a player so bad that doesn’t want to play for our jumper?
Why don’t we go after Oliver or Smith then? They could make us better too.
The club has met with Houston. If he was adamant he would only go to Blues & they can't get it done, he'll stay at Port until/unless they can.

Is pick 13 going to be better for us winning a flag next year over Houston?

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who knows
What if pick 13 ends up as a player that plays right away? and for the next decade. Like Nick? Of course, you gotta pick well.
But its not just pick 13 is it? Its also pick 23 and also our F1 and also our 2nd rounder.

Who knows
What if pick 13 ends up as a player that plays right away? Like Nick? Of course, you gotta pick well.
But its not just pick 13 is it? Its also pick 23 and also our F1 and also our 2nd rounder.
I'd be very happy to try and get a dual All-Australian through the doors to be honest. Plenty of other ways to get picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back