List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't put that up, it's from Facebook. Didn't you know that there some posters on here that know it's not true even though they have no ******* idea themselves. Be careful because you might end up with a barrage of laughing emoji's from these BF experts. They are very heroic
Firstly, I’m not not Facebook to be able to troll it. It’s from Zerohanger. How official that is, don’t know. But seems to quote some people that may know some things. Anyhow, sometimes no worse or better than scuttlebutt that you hear here by someone who heard it from their mate’s grandma that heard it from the work cleaner.

302FC393-F5B5-4A24-BE8C-CD2978B827D1.jpeg

You can't put that up, it's from Facebook. Didn't you know that there some posters on here that know it's not true even though they have no ******* idea themselves. Be careful because you might end up with a barrage of laughing emoji's from these BF experts. They are very heroic

Funnily enough those Facebook posts are essentially just BigFooty posts. If someone posted on here saying "Stephens requested a trade to Collingwood" most people wouldn't believe it unless it was a credible poster with a history of sources (of which there are practically none).

Funnily enough those Facebook posts are essentially just BigFooty posts. If someone posted on here saying "Stephens requested a trade to Collingwood" most people wouldn't believe it unless it was a credible poster with a history of sources (of which there are practically none).

I’d believe you 🥺

Either way, looks like the Swans and likely some other clubs too will feel the (cap) pinch soon

That was obvious shortly after trade time last year when the details of ALL the details of our forced trade came out.

Mostly our fault but Covid tipped us over the point of no return - others will definitely have to trim their lists.

I'm not opposed to trading Lynch for some draft capital but if we trade him as well as offloading Cox this off season it leaves us very skinny in ruck depth.

I know Grundy has been very durable but it would just leave us with him and Cameron as rucks on our list. Is that enough?

That was obvious shortly after trade time last year when the details of ALL the details of our forced trade came out.

Mostly our fault but Covid tipped us over the point of no return - others will definitely have to trim their lists.
Surprised the baggers aren’t on the line yet and set to bring in Cerra.

I'm not opposed to trading Lynch for some draft capital but if we trade him as well as offloading Cox this off season it leaves us very skinny in ruck depth.

I know Grundy has been very durable but it would just leave us with him and Cameron as rucks on our list. Is that enough?
I’m still in the what can we get for Grundy camp. Love the guy old field and has been a champ and contributor but hasn’t been on the uphill scale last two seasons.

Not sure whether it will be more of the same coming years or not. Sides seem to do alright most of the time with a makeshift ruck with an adequate team around them.

Trade to Nth for 1st pick (at minimal) and cover some cost of contract. Have a crack at Horne, Daicos and Dib in this draft.

Some would say crazy but is Grundy giving us what he’s worth $ wise and on the field? Will he give us his worth in future (that’s on potential)?

I’m still in the what can we get for Grundy camp. Love the guy old field and has been a champ and contributor but hasn’t been on the uphill scale last two seasons.

Not sure whether it will be more of the same coming years or not. Sides seem to do alright most of the time with a makeshift ruck with an adequate team around them.

Trade to Nth for 1st pick (at minimal) and cover some cost of contract. Have a crack at Horne, Daicos and Dib in this draft.

Some would say crazy but is Grundy giving us what he’s worth $ wise and on the field? Will he give us his worth in future (that’s on potential)?
Why would North do that? Goldstein is still contracted and plays at a high level. There aren't any feasible scenarios that involve trading Grundy. Or rather, none where we don't get bent over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we bring in a ready made KPF (Weideman/ Riccardi) then it’s plenty, IMO, but to be on the safe side we’d just need to find a state league type.

So what's the easiest way to summarise what actually did happen with our salary cap last year? Did we have to do the natural % deduction - as everyone did - but on top of that we owed some players a fixed sum from previous years?

Like, not just Treloar but maybe the likes of Sidebottom and Pendlebury too? But we saw Treloar as the easiest to rid ourselves of?

So every club had to reduce payments by %, but we were the only ones seemingly back ending on the assumption that we could pay back some players with a higher TPP?

lol mid to late second round?
Ned Guy isn’t List boss anymore

Exactly why we're not likely to get Lipinski across. Some club will probably still send that second round pick the bulldogs way though, one way or another.

So what's the easiest way to summarise what actually did happen with our salary cap last year? Did we have to do the natural % deduction - as everyone did - but on top of that we owed some players a fixed sum from previous years?

Like, not just Treloar but maybe the likes of Sidebottom and Pendlebury too? But we saw Treloar as the easiest to rid ourselves of?

So every club had to reduce payments by %, but we were the only ones seemingly back ending on the assumption that we could pay back some players with a higher TPP?
Who knows?
There's a couple of statements that stick in my head.
"This is like a nuclear bomb going off across the league..." Well its gone off in our club...maybe others are still to come
Wright's goodbye statement re Ned Guy when he said something to the effect that Ned had done a good job in trying circumstances and people would only realise how good in years to come. The last part of that statement seemed to be a hint of some sort.....

Those 2 statements have always made me feel that for better or worse Collingwood made a decision to take all the pain n one hit and that other clubs potentially would face similar issues in years to come.

Why would North do that? Goldstein is still contracted and plays at a high level. There aren't any feasible scenarios that involve trading Grundy. Or rather, none where we don't get bent over.
Why would any club do most things. It’s not to say would work or wouldn’t. Goldstein’s days would be done well before Grundy’s anyhow. Before it was a tongue in cheek offer coz Nth like to splash cash around for players. We seem to take everything too seriously in BF world here. But yes on a serious note, I would see what Grundy was worth on the trade market.

You seem mad

I think it needs to be Lynch or Cox not both for that reason. Trade whichever gets you the best deal.

RATING THE LIST

A graders:
Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Jack Crisp, Darcy Moore.

B graders: Jordan De Goey, Jamie Elliott, Taylor Adams, Callum Brown, Will Kelly, Jordan Roughead, Josh Thomas, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Brayden Maynard, Jeremy Howe, Brody Mihocek.

C graders: Josh Daicos, John Noble, Tom Wilson, Darcy Cameron, Max Lynch, Chris Mayne (retired), Levi Greenwood (retired), Brayden Sier, Jack Madgen, Mason Cox, Ash Johnson.

D+: Isaac Quaynor, Jack Ginnivan, Oliver Henry.

D graders (developing): Jay Rantall, Tyler Brown, Trent Bianco, Mark Keane, Finlay Macrae, Trey Ruscoe, Reef McInnes, Caleb Poulter, Nathan Murphy, Liam McMahon, Beau McCreery, Isaac Chugg, Aiden Begg.

LIST BREAKDOWN

A-grade = 5

B-grade = 11 (De Goey should be an A-grade player and he has shown his quality as a midfielder in the latter part of the season, but given his unreliability off the field, and inconsistent performances he gets a B this year. Should he continue this form in 2022 he would be an A-grader for sure).

C-grade = 11

D+ grade = 3

D-grade = 14

Not sure who did this analysis but I find it is so far from reality;

• A graders - I genuinely only believe Moore and Grundy are A graders on our list. I think Pendles, Sidey are no longer at that elite level. I love Crispy but dont see him in the elite company.
  • How on gods earth can Will Kelly be considered B grade - the guys barely played a game and looks a mile off it at AFL level on what he has shown - should be in the D grade (development list). Callumn Brown ... B Grade ... WTF?
  • Josh Daicos rated more lowly than Callum Brown or Josh Thomas ... come on who is writing this rubbish?
  • But I am ROFL reading Isaac Quaynor is a D+, whislt Magden who is barely VFL standard is rated ahead of him as a C grader.
Its a really strange analysis of our list and in my view completely inaccurate

Given a choice and trade value/salary cap dependant, I’d rather keep Lynch who actually has upside.

Suspect trade value on both of them will be similar. Some teams will have a need for somebody like Cox who has a good track record and can kick goals. Others want a developing ruck for the future

Not sure who did this analysis but I find it is so far from reality;

• A graders - I genuinely only believe Moore and Grundy are A graders on our list. I think Pendles, Sidey are no longer at that elite level. I love Crispy but dont see him in the elite company.
  • How on gods earth can Will Kelly be considered B grade - the guys barely played a game and looks a mile off it at AFL level on what he has shown - should be in the D grade (development list). Callumn Brown ... B Grade ... WTF?
  • Josh Daicos rated more lowly than Callum Brown or Josh Thomas ... come on who is writing this rubbish?
  • But I am ROFL reading Isaac Quaynor is a D+, whislt Magden who is barely VFL standard is rated ahead of him as a C grader.
Its a really strange analysis of our list and in my view completely inaccurate

There are two reasonable explanations.

1) He did the list while drinking.
2) He did the list while drinking and hasn't watched a Collingwood game in 2 years.

This isn't just on Buck, who I'll never read a word of again, but also the editorial and subbing standard of the Herald Sun. How this wasn't flagged, checked and corrected is beyond me.

Who knows?
There's a couple of statements that stick in my head.
"This is like a nuclear bomb going off across the league..." Well its gone off in our club...maybe others are still to come
Wright's goodbye statement re Ned Guy when he said something to the effect that Ned had done a good job in trying circumstances and people would only realise how good in years to come. The last part of that statement seemed to be a hint of some sort.....

Those 2 statements have always made me feel that for better or worse Collingwood made a decision to take all the pain n one hit and that other clubs potentially would face similar issues in years to come.

The nuclear bomb thing was a quote of Eddie's wasn't it? "We won't be the only ones" is as much spin as you can get. Still remains to be seen as to whether or not it's true.

After he said that I'm sure it came out about WCE and/or Richmond all taking an equal reduction across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back