List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard from a mate that Gold Coast are going to (maybe have already) make a huge play for Kane Lambert either this year or next. No surprise as he's exactly the type of player they need. Now I'd hate to lose him as he's super important to us, however if they offer him upwards of 800-900k over 5 years we'll struggle to come close, and it will be his last big pay day as he turns 27 this year.
Now would anyone consider maybe offering him up at the end of this year for there 1st pick in this years draft, number 2 overall? Kind of similar to what we did many moons ago with Chris Bond that netted us Brad Ottens. Again I'd hate to see him go but with the emergence of Higgins and Graham and the potential to get an elite junior is it worth a look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a rumour and that’s about all.
He’s a 400-500k player at best and 800k just seems ludicrous.
The reality is Richmond needs to hold onto midfielders due to our shortage, so I can’t see him going.
But need to accept that the only way the Sun's will attract good quality players with leadership and culture values would be to over pay

A player like Lambert who will be 27 and really not earned alot of dollars until probably 2017 with 4-5 years left needs to consider his financial future

5 year deal at $800k would see him depart imo

But need to accept that the only way the Sun's will attract good quality players with leadership and culture values would be to over pay

A player like Lambert who will be 27 and really not earned alot of dollars until probably 2017 with 4-5 years left needs to consider his financial future

No way will anybody offer him that. Is he a genuine leader or more of a disciplined player that follows? What The Suns need is a Hodge , Mitchell or Lewis type. They have a plethora of young talent , but they lack role models and genuinely proven leaders . Lambert will not improve them short term as they have major off field issues to sort out . The solution for them is to sort out their lack of FD expertise so they can set a culture for their youth to develop and mature in. They need to hang onto their picks as irrational and hasty decisions will set them back further.

Heard from a mate that Gold Coast are going to (maybe have already) make a huge play for Kane Lambert either this year or next. No surprise as he's exactly the type of player they need. Now I'd hate to lose him as he's super important to us, however if they offer him upwards of 800-900k over 5 years we'll struggle to come close, and it will be his last big pay day as he turns 27 this year.
Now would anyone consider maybe offering him up at the end of this year for there 1st pick in this years draft, number 2 overall? Kind of similar to what we did many moons ago with Chris Bond that netted us Brad Ottens. Again I'd hate to see him go but with the emergence of Higgins and Graham and the potential to get an elite junior is it worth a look?
HE AINT GOING NOWHERE
BRUNO HATES THE GOLD COAST

Carlton offer us #1 for Lambert+Bellis+#18

whats your answer
Tell them to **** off,,, as if anyone would want to go to carlton
Kain was under there nose for 5 years and they didn't even bother looking at him

Reckon your taking the piss

No it wouldn't, kain would not leave for money
He is way to ethical, and way to nice, he wouldn't desert his mates
And he wouldn't want to upset bruno

Not overly concerned about your opinion champ. Especially when you cant even spell Kane's name right!!
Kane kain kanye, cain cane,
Aint going nowhere
Will stay at richmond for life
Apologies for my comment
But kane is very loyal

No way will anybody offer him that. Is he a genuine leader or more of a disciplined player that follows? What The Suns need is a Hodge , Mitchell or Lewis type. They have a plethora of young talent , but they lack role models and genuinely proven leaders . Lambert will not improve them short term as they have major off field issues to sort out . The solution for them is to sort out their lack of FD expertise so they can set a culture for their youth to develop and mature in. They need to hang onto their picks as irrational and hasty decisions will set them back further.
just replying to the post above mate

All good mate. Hope you're right as he's a ripper!
I am right on this one
Often wrong on other things
But would be flabbergasted if kane
Went anywhere,,,, 6 years being overlooked
By every afl club, then we take a punt
And rookie him, and finally make his
Dream come true an afl player
Then a premiership afl player
Who is loved by everyone at richmond
Why would he go anywhere else
He aint the type to leave for money

Status