List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be good for them. An elite gut runner and hard trainer. He would set a good standard for them and the offer might be a fall back if they match the Lynch offer.

They could threaten to match on Lynch and then work out a deal based on them passing and having the compo pick in play. Would make some salty bastards if we got Lynch and traded lambert and picks/players for the compo pick as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They blew their chance to match last week.

Good to hear from you mate. When is that Pony of yours running?
Same mate....
Yeah he's had a couple of jump outs so hopefully very soon. First up probably a hit and run over 1000m just like Grand Final day last year....

The reality is, at the end of 2019 we have Vlastuin, Edwards, Astbury, Rioli & Lambert all coming out of contract (plus Butler, B. Ellis, Castagna & Balta)
If we land Lynch, are we going to be able to pay all these guys the substantial pay rises that they deserve?
I'm sure that our list management team has this planned out, but after we win our threepeat, I could totally understand if someone like Lambert accepted a godfather offer elsewhere.
Astbury and sheds will be near 30 so they won’t be getting the pay rises you think , Rioli a bit more , vlas prob more than a bit same with lambert ,,,no problem

Astbury and sheds will be near 30 so they won’t be getting the pay rises you think , Rioli a bit more , vlas prob more than a bit same with lambert ,,,no problem
Not so sure, all those players have all become substantially better players since their most recent contract signing
For example Astbury signed his last contract when during his first season back from 5 years of injury
Edwards has become an elite player in the entire AFL since 2015 too
Not saying they'll be getting a big jump like another $500k each, but collectively it will be pretty significant
Though hopefully being part of a three-peat and pushing for a 5-6 peat will keep them around

I am right on this one
Often wrong on other things
But would be flabbergasted if kane
Went anywhere,,,, 6 years being overlooked
By every afl club, then we take a punt
And rookie him, and finally make his
Dream come true an afl player
Then a premiership afl player
Who is loved by everyone at richmond
Why would he go anywhere else
He aint the type to leave for money

This reads like lyrics to a classic rock song

Sounds like the saints are gonna turn the joint inside out , said it before , say it again, get Blake acres big bodied mid can play , direct swap for Bolton would be ideal
I would trade our 1st rounder for Acres, I wanted Richmond to take him in his draft year

He would be prefect for us (can we add steele to this deal also)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going to take a look at anyone from the Saints, I'd be looking at Billings, as he could be a very nice addition to our forward line as a classy mid sized option who can roll through the middle at times. Playing in a poor side this year, still averages 21 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 4 I50s with 28 scoring shots(10.18). At 23 184cm/81kg with 5 years in the system and 82 games under his belt he would be a player who would be best 22 from round 1.

Essendon all over Beams. If he leaves Brisbane, they've already put the work into him and is a typical Essendon move IMO.

TBH, I would rather target someone younger.

If we're going to take a look at anyone from the Saints, I'd be looking at Billings, as he could be a very nice addition to our forward line as a classy mid sized option who can roll through the middle at times. Playing in a poor side this year, still averages 21 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 4 I50s with 28 scoring shots(10.18). At 23 184cm/81kg with 5 years in the system and 82 games under his belt he would be a player who would be best 22 from round 1.
Billings makes jason castagna look like tony lockett when kicking for goal

I’d take Gresham...... I’d say his there best from an shit bunch

Sheesh. If Gold Coast is offering up a pick in the top 5 for a package deal involving Lambert we would be incredibly stupid not to jump all over that.
I have no doubt Lambert is the most loyal bloke going around, but he has won a premiership and might have two by the time this year is out.
He doesn’t owe us anything and if he can get a pay day elsewhere then good on him.
The guy is a gun but is also replaceable.

You lot are all getting overly sentimental.
I have no doubt he most likely stays but we won’t be coming across a pick in the top 5 for the next 5-10 years. Have to think long term success.

Whether the rumour is legit though is a completely different story.

Y’all are nuts.

Sheesh. If Gold Coast is offering up a pick in the top 5 for a package deal involving Lambert we would be incredibly stupid not to jump all over that.
I have no doubt Lambert is the most loyal bloke going around, but he has won a premiership and might have two by the time this year is out.
He doesn’t owe us anything and if he can get a pay day elsewhere then good on him.

I have no doubt he most likely stays but we won’t be coming across a pick in the top 5 for the next 5-10 years. Have to think long term success.

Y’all are nuts.
No we are SMART

Y’all are nuts.
Have no problem if he asks.
Otherwise no.
Absolutely would upset the applecart if we traded him.

Have no problem if he asks.
Otherwise no.
Absolutely would upset the applecart if we traded him.
The chances of lambert going would be somewhere between fa and very little , our midfield stocks aren’t that deep when you consider , Bolton, Stengle, menadue cellis , miles and Lloyd will all be Likely departures, what nutcase would add lambert to that list , we already will have a smorgasbord of r2 picks don’t desperately need more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back