List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take Gresham...... I’d say his there best from an shit bunch
Paying top dollar if you go after Gresham now, whereas you might be able to get Billings at a slightly lower price.
Billings makes jason castagna look like tony lockett when kicking for goal
Fair call to make, but Billings' class makes him a much better player to have in the 22 than George

I would trade our 1st rounder for Acres, I wanted Richmond to take him in his draft year

He would be prefect for us (can we add steele to this deal also)
He’s not worth r1 with his CV, not until we get our hands on him anyway, straight swap for Bolton or Stengle would be fair , only snag is they’re prob paying him plenty , need to be prepared to come over on peanuts , which should be ok , get it done

He’s not worth r1 with his CV, not until we get our hands on him anyway, straight swap for Bolton or Stengle would be fair , only snag is they’re prob paying him plenty , need to be prepared to come over on peanuts , which should be ok , get it done
Both Steele & Acres would be fantastic at Richmond and are the types we need
Acres would be the ideal Grigg replacement whilst Steel is a 30+ possession player with very good tackling and can lock down his opponent
These 2 boys combined with Lynch makes Richmond a serious threat for the next 3-4 years

Sheesh. If Gold Coast is offering up a pick in the top 5 for a package deal involving Lambert we would be incredibly stupid not to jump all over that.
I have no doubt Lambert is the most loyal bloke going around, but he has won a premiership and might have two by the time this year is out.
He doesn’t owe us anything and if he can get a pay day elsewhere then good on him.
The guy is a gun but is also replaceable.

You lot are all getting overly sentimental.
I have no doubt he most likely stays but we won’t be coming across a pick in the top 5 for the next 5-10 years. Have to think long term success.

Whether the rumour is legit though is a completely different story.

Y’all are nuts.

Might be replaceable but you're making it out to be a lot easier than what it would be. Top 3 in bnf last year and leading the coaches votes for Richmond players this season (12th overall). More importantly is the best runner at the club, if not the competition, it is players like him that are the reason we are the reigning premiers and sitting on top with three games to go.

Paying top dollar if you go after Gresham now, whereas you might be able to get Billings at a slightly lower price.

Fair call to make, but Billings' class makes him a much better player to have in the 22 than George
Where does jack hide his class, ???
If he had class he would not have kicked 33goals and 56 behinds in the last2 seasons
Especially since his home ground has a roof,
Give me georgie boy anytime over slack shillings

If he had class he would not have kicked 33goals and 56 behinds in the last2 seasons
That's it. Can't kick to save himself. Field or goal.

The chances of lambert going would be somewhere between fa and very little , our midfield stocks aren’t that deep when you consider , Bolton, Stengle, menadue cellis , miles and Lloyd will all be Likely departures, what nutcase would add lambert to that list , we already will have a smorgasbord of r2 picks don’t desperately need more.
Agree.Doubt very much Lambo will leave us.

Sheesh. If Gold Coast is offering up a pick in the top 5 for a package deal involving Lambert we would be incredibly stupid not to jump all over that.
I have no doubt Lambert is the most loyal bloke going around, but he has won a premiership and might have two by the time this year is out.
He doesn’t owe us anything and if he can get a pay day elsewhere then good on him.

I have no doubt he most likely stays but we won’t be coming across a pick in the top 5 for the next 5-10 years. Have to think long term success.

Y’all are nuts.
Likely leading BF or. At a min top 3 at this stage , who would trade out reigning club champion

Acres would be the ideal Grigg replacement whilst Steel is a 30+ possession player with very good tackling and can lock down his opponent
These 2 boys combined with Lynch makes Richmond a serious threat for the next 3-4 years
Steele is 1 or 2y into his contract at saints I’d doubt they’d consider releasing him , acres has yet to really firm his spot , a lot of injury interruptions., more a chance . The only stopper I expect would be likely on good dough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y’all are nuts.

Christ no.
Lambert very under rated and draft picks very over rated. Would be a dumb move and that's why the club wouldn't do it.

So you've got a player who plays for a side that has finished 11th and in the bottom 5 the last 2 seasons who has so far had 90 scoring shots over that period and you don't see how he has class and would benefit from playing for a side with much more talent around him. On the flip side George has also had 90 scoring shots over the same period while playing for the reigning premiers.

How do you think George would go playing in the Saints line up? Do you really think he'd be the same type of player? I'd be willing to wager that George would be struggling to have a career if he played for the Saints. With us he has made the most of his opportunities and full credit to him for that, but to think he isn't replaceable by a proven talent is wrong IMO.

So you've got a player who plays for a side that has finished 11th and in the bottom 5 the last 2 seasons who has so far had 90 scoring shots over that period and you don't see how he has class and would benefit from playing for a side with much more talent around him. On the flip side George has also had 90 scoring shots over the same period while playing for the reigning premiers.

How do you think George would go playing in the Saints line up? Do you really think he'd be the same type of player? I'd be willing to wager that George would be struggling to have a career if he played for the Saints. With us he has made the most of his opportunities and full credit to him for that, but to think he isn't replaceable by a proven talent is wrong IMO.
dont see how jbs talent is proven , he is a crap kick and less reliable kick than jc, , and he is soft and a sook, and he comes from saint kilda enough said , dont want and dont need let him rot at morrabin

Steel is a 30 + possession player ????
Please explain

if you had to trade one of our guns who would it be and what would you expect in return (draft pick)

The point is that if he was a classy player, he would convert his shots. That's what they mean by class yeah? His goal kicking accuracy is disgraceful. When a guy like Josh Kelly, Lance Franklin, Mark le Cras, Eddie Betts, even Bontempelli gets an open shot at goal, you KNOW they're going to kick it. That's class. Billings is a shit truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back