Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to Bevo, bobby2 for I believe he was the first person to question all three players publicly and thus
start the train rolling. They know they have things to work on equates to lift or shift, it's my way or the
highway, you're either with us or against us, do you skate ?,no,well there is the door mate. There is a
subtle difference between having enough points and replacing all the players the coach has black marked
with draftees and matures. Getting three players at draft time is not going to cut it, buddy.
If it was a lift or shift situation, then Mitch has clearly opted for the former. Bevo wanted more offensive impact, and he's been our leading goalkicker since he was dropped, despite only playing 5 of the 7 games in that time.

Wallis and Dahlhaus have lifted their form a lot I reckon it's worked. I believe they will both resign but both want to obviously get best deal they can and I would want to sign when I was playing good footy. Which is what Bevo said. He wants the players to get the best deals for themselves. A bit more pressure when your out of contract to perform for your personal financial situation.

Pick 3 could be a very distinct possibility if Brisbane continue this form, and we manage to lose against Saint Kilda... Could actually be a blessing in disguise as Izak Rankine could be there at Pick 3, you just never know.

If Carlton offered Pick 1 for Tom Boyd and pick 5 would we take it?

Most here would say Boyd is untradeable. I agree. But only because its hard to see anyone picking up Boyd and his contract unless we incentivise them....not the other way around.

What if his contract was heavily front loaded as many have said it was? Hypothetically he might be on 600k a year from next year.

His first yr with us was draftee wages. Others have worked it out and shown its likely he on about $750-800k for the next three yrs. Speculation though.

Done some deep thought about list changes this year. I’ve come up with seven and I think it would be hard for anyone to disagree with these.

Out (trade or delist):
C. Smith- already retired
Honeychurch- lack of height and skills. Never ask for any more effort but effort will only get you so far.
Jong- poor skills, could net us a nice pick to minimise deficit
Campbell- way back in the queue and never going to get a game
Roughead- has completely fallen off, good clubman but boy he has been horrible this year.
Biggs- wonderful in 2016, has been unable to recapture this form and has been pretty poor for a while.
Collins- hasn’t cracked it yet after three years and looks to slow to make it at the highest level.

In:
Gaff- free agent
Rankine- high draft pick if he slips through
West- father son
Khamis- NGA
Gowers- Rookie promotion
R. Smith- RP
Lynch- RP

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mostly spot on but would delist Roarke Smith plus potentially 1 more (NM-M?).

Maybe also target Will Hayes as a rookie pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That might depend on the money involved. If Carlton were to take the whole contract on board and Boyd was happy with it I dare say we would.

If ScragCity really wants to troll he should post his Boyd and P5 for P1 suggestion on the Blues board. The melts would be impressive.

If ScragCity really wants to troll he should post his Boyd and P5 for P1 suggestion on the Blues board. The melts would be impressive.

Carlton would be stoked. You're getting a former pick 1 and a pick 5 for just pick 1. Basically getting pick 5 for free. Boyd would also be a top 5 player on Carlton's list imo. Carlton get Boyd and Rankine and we get Lukosius. Everyone wins.

Carlton would be stoked. You're getting a former pick 1 and a pick 5 for just pick 1. Basically getting pick 5 for free. Boyd would also be a top 5 player on Carlton's list imo. Carlton get Boyd and Rankine and we get Lukosius. Everyone wins.

Well put it out there man. Maybe you are right and you can cheer up the Blues fans.

If Carlton are seriously in the business of winning flags they should make a play for him, as Scrag rightly suggests and maybe throw in Liam Jones as well as # 1. Norm Smith winners don’t come cheap.

Agree. Wallis is averaging 2 goals per game alongside 21 disposals since his return to the team. He's kicked 15.2 for the season. I can't believe anyone would want to take that out of a team that can't kick goals in order to get draft points.
If Sam Power can't sign Wallis, I'll back over him with a golf cart.

If Sam Power can't sign Wallis, I'll back over him with a golf cart.

Its a small lie detection/body language thing but Bev engaged in a bit of eye/face scratching last week when Wally came up in the post match presser - not for the first time either. I wonder if Bev thinks he is gone or has put a line through him? And that is in context of Bev dropping him, comments by Bev re his contract negs and rumours of other clubs being into Wallis.

Be very disappointed if he goes.

Wallis was very good yesterday. Absolute lock to re-sign with us. His hands in close and finishing off for goal is what we still need. If Bevo still isn’t a fan after the last month then I must be missing something very minor..

Wallis was very good yesterday. Absolute lock to re-sign with us. His hands in close and finishing off for goal is what we still need. If Bevo still isn’t a fan after the last month then I must be missing something very minor..

Bevo put the acid on both Wally and Dunkley and they both have responded well.

Why wouldn't you be rewarding guys like that?

How I break it down at this point.

Lock for future: McLean, Macrae, Bont, Richards, Naughton, English, JJ, Hunter, Daniel, Cordy, Williams, Dunkley, Libba, Adams, Gowers

Likely for future: Schache, Boyd, Lipinski, Dale, Crozier, Young, Wallis, Dal, Dale

Along for the ride (but may not be there when it comes): Picken, Dickson, Wood, Morris, Suckling, Trengove, Red

List cloggers/depth: Jong, Roberts, Smith, Biggs, Collins, Campbell, Webb, Roughead, Honeychurch

No idea - the rest.

Hold on to the first three groups if we can. The fourth move on this year and next. Provided we do ok with our ins I think we’ll take solid steps forward.

How I break it down at this point.

Lock for future: McLean, Macrae, Bont, Richards, Naughton, English, JJ, Hunter, Daniel, Cordy, Williams, Dunkley, Libba, Adams, Gowers

Likely for future: Schache, Boyd, Lipinski, Dale, Crozier, Young, Wallis, Dal, Dale

Along for the ride (but may not be there when it comes): Picken, Dickson, Wood, Morris, Suckling, Trengove, Red

List cloggers/depth: Jong, Roberts, Smith, Biggs, Collins, Campbell, Webb, Roughead, Honeychurch

No idea - the rest.

Hold on to the first three groups if we can. The fourth move on this year and next. Provided we do ok with our ins I think we’ll take solid steps forward.
Put a line through Redpath, Dickson and Picken I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back