Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's trade Bontempelli for the draft upgrade. Now I am expecting a couple of pages of hypothetical debate on the merits of this suggestion.
Really, this thread verges on the bizarre with some of the names and options presented.
Yeah, can we please stick to the semi-realistic, at least?

Yeah, can we please stick to the semi-realistic, at least?

From the rate of posts, "realism" is not a strong point of this thread. I mean.....how many posts today? Don't you people go out on a Saturday?!!!

BTW ON TOPIC - I wonder if they will have a Social Club event at Etihad on December like they usually do....it would be good to have a chat with Gordo and Co about the deals they've done. Also would be a good time to pass on everyone's comments from this thread ;)

Macrae is an awful kick, up and under kicking. He needs to improve massively.
Forget endurance and strength compared to Dangerfield.
Danger turns over the ball occasionally because of the speed he is breaking the lines.
It is folly to compare Macrae to Danger.
I would think he is more comparable to Thompson. A ball winner and distributor, that isn't a knock as Thompson has had a great career.

The main thing I agree with is it is folly to compare Macrae and Dangerfield. One has been in the system 7 years the other 2. The other is they will never be the same type of player. Macrae is compared to Pendlebury, as is Bonts for a reason

Macrae looks like an awful kick as when he does do an up an under it looks bad.

Have a look at the second year stats and Macrae is ahead of where Danger was in 2009. Also look at effective disposals are they really reflective of massively better ball use?

I'd like Lowden, but Grimley's effectively a less talented version of Jones as a forward (read: lazy), and a complete and utter cocksplash to match.

Most comments on the hawks board suggest Grimley wont be good enough to make it at AFL level.

Have to be careful with getting sucked in to so called depth talk, remember all the so called great depth Collingwood had 3-4 season ago?

Hawthorn are the kind of club that would move someone on to keep Lowden if he was worth it.

it would be good to have a chat with Gordo and Co about the deals they've done. Also would be a good time to pass on everyone's comments from this thread ;)

Gordon going through all the suggestions and comments from this board after you hand them to him. Based on our current rate :p

"Now where was that silly f-wit who suggested we'd trade Bontempelli?"

climb-stack-of-paper_315111541_std.jpg

He doesn't though, so this is a pointless hypothetical.
It's also our captain we're talking about.
People are still underrating him, a fully fit preseason and he can still be a gun.
FWIW, Champion Data still have him as the 5th best player in the league.
What, you mean ahead of Deledio? :eek: Surely not! Does KB know about this?

the only club that seemed to have endless depth was Geelong for a while
just a lack of KPF depth though

and after all the talk from Ling and Harly about Geelongs so called VFL gun forwards, they have had to go out and get Mitch Clarke :drunk:

Some of the crap suggestions on this board just stagger me.

Trade Macrae, trade Griffen? Why not just throw a For Sale sign out the front of Whitten Oval? Just stupid.

Good news though, the hokey pokey (player x in, then out, then in again) that has been the last few weeks is about to end. This week, some actual trades may be done. Fun.

Trade Macrae, trade Griffen? Why not just throw a For Sale sign out the front of Whitten Oval? Just stupid.

Good news though, the hokey pokey (player x in, then out, then in again) that has been the last few weeks is about to end. This week, some actual trades may be done. Fun.

Cannot wait for this day, when we can actually talk about what we did, and who we will draft instead of 20 pages of silly hypotheticals and people bitching about the club.

That being said, how long is trade week this year? Please don't be so drawn out like last time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disappointed we didn't get band 2 for Higgins, but like others have said as long as Melbourne don't get band 1 I'll be happy. Just would be nice to have a 2nd rounder before St Kilda so we can pick up McKenzie if were interested, reckon he will go at 21 to saints. 26 is still great though, FWIW Chris25 has Cockatoo and Marchbank going at 25 and 26, that would be a great result. Also Jack Steele has moved up to pick 13! Reckon GWS will keep him though. Hate the ****ing academies tbh

Pretty disappointed we didn't get band 2 for Higgins, but like others have said as long as Melbourne don't get band 1 I'll be happy. Just would be nice to have a 2nd rounder before St Kilda so we can pick up McKenzie if were interested, reckon he will go at 21 to saints. 26 is still great though, FWIW Chris25 has Cockatoo and Marchbank going at 25 and 26, that would be a great result. Also Jack Steele has moved up to pick 13! Reckon GWS will keep him though. Hate the ******* academies tbh
To be honest, I'd still rather Marchbank
Getting Wright, Marchbank, Menadue/Cockatoo/Garlett would be great way to start off the draft :eek:

To be fair, the worst of these were only raised as idle hypotheticals by posters with too much time on their hands while waiting for some real news.

BF being what it is these "hypotheticals" almost instantly assumed a gravitas and life of their own.
Before you can say boo it's being reported on the radio as the latest trade rumour ... :rolleyes:

To be fair, the worst of these were only raised as idle hypotheticals by posters with too much time on their hands while waiting for some real news.

BF being what it is these "hypotheticals" almost instantly assumed a gravitas and life of their own.
Before you can say boo it's being reported on the radio as the latest trade rumour ... :rolleyes:
More a chinese fart then a whisper is what your saying... far higher chance of follow through and thus... actual shit beig present rather then just suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back