Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously not worried about Talia and Roberts, they'll get there chance when the time is right and will play a lot of football together. The same goes for Tommy Campbell and Ayce (although I'm not as certain about Ayce)

...the late jimmy stynes says hello
There was at least a decade's gap between eras there... Didn't watch a whole lot of Stynes' career admittedly though (I'm 32). Only ruckman I remember watching in those days was Wynd.

I just remember there being mainly traditional tap ruckmen for a while before Darcy and Jeff White came along.

some talk that butcher would be a good place for the bulldogs.

I would take him, but I too would like to know why he hasn't cemented a regular spot in ure bests particularly since your key defenders went down and Westhoff has had to spend more time floating. It also appears the Shaw has overtaken him as next in line.
I would consider trading our 2nd rounder (pick 25 - 28) depending on FA but thats only because our young stocks across the board (Except for 1st KPF) are nearly all pretty good and we can afford/need the risk of using our 2nd rounder on Butcher.
Particularly if Higgins goes and we get and end of first round compensation Band 2 pick, this trade would become more of a possibility.

Why hasn't he cemented a spot in your best 22? Whats the knock on him?
he's like Ty vickery..high draft pick but struggles to kick straight (note he can kick goals you just wouldn't back him like a jay Schulz) he probably should be in our 22 with the lack of talls we have atm. just needs to learn to kick straight and he would be a very dangerous forward.

he's like Ty vickery..high draft pick but struggles to kick straight (note he can kick goals you just wouldn't back him like a jay Schulz) he probably should be in our 22 with the lack of talls we have atm. just needs to learn to kick straight and he would be a very dangerous forward.

I haven't watched him play for quite a while but what are his marking both contested and leading like and ground level skills, as well as what would PA consider a fair trade?

I haven't watched him play for quite a while but what are his marking both contested and leading like and ground level skills, as well as what would PA consider a fair trade?
both are pretty good..especially marks contested, no idea what we would give up for him (they would probably want something half decent knowing he was a #8 pick and has been on our developing list since 2009) and it seems very hard to find big/tall forwards these days lol.

I would take him, but I too would like to know why he hasn't cemented a regular spot in ure bests particularly since your key defenders went down and Westhoff has had to spend more time floating. It also appears the Shaw has overtaken him as next in line.
I would consider trading our 2nd rounder (pick 25 - 28) depending on FA but thats only because our young stocks across the board (Except for 1st KPF) are nearly all pretty good and we can afford/need the risk of using our 2nd rounder on Butcher.
Particularly if Higgins goes and we get and end of first round compensation Band 2 pick, this trade would become more of a possibility.
I don't think they would do a swap for a draft considering the time they've put into him..would probably have to be another player ha.

id take butcher over boyd or Patton knowing you wouldn't give up one of your star midfielders (griffin liberatore)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is interesting, that we can watch the same game, with the same obvious conclusion and come to different results.

Three options from the weekend (there may be more):

1. We're ok, poor man marking and allowing a player too much space, combined with that player having a day out.
2. We need a KPD.
3. We need a KPF - just look at what they can do...

there are a few ways to skin this particular cat....

You also need to acknowledge that on the weekend the oppositon were missing their best player, a very important key forward and a first choice ruck/forward who is recoving from injury.

You also need to acknowledge that on the weekend the oppositon were missing their best player, a very important key forward and a first choice ruck/forward who is recoving from injury.
You need to acknowledge the only thing that allowed you to beat a bottom-5 team with a whole bunch of kids was the fact that one of the league's best taggers went off injured, after we had made our substitution, late in the game.

Who is the very important forward ?
You change that dynamic you add more big lumbering players , Carlisle most likely doesn't kick 8 and maybe you don't win.
Who's in and who's not means Jack .

You need to acknowledge the only thing that allowed you to beat a bottom-5 team with a whole bunch of kids was the fact that one of the league's best taggers went off injured, after we had made our substitution, late in the game.
Kobe-Reaction 10outof10.gif

Cry me a river.

Beat a bottom five team and suddenly Bombers supporters think they should be flag favourites.

Then again, delusion and arrogance have never been in short supply among the red and black.

Given an 18-year-old gave your superstar full back a bath, I might get on Buddy for 10+ this weekend.

would it be worth chasing and throwing some $$ his way sam reid? really really dont rate this draft apart from a handful of players (laverde, petracca, mckenzie)
wishing jarrad grant puts on 11kg and becomes a monster... a man can dream

would it be worth chasing and throwing some $$ his way sam reid? really really dont rate this draft apart from a handful of players (laverde, petracca, mckenzie)
wishing jarrad grant puts on 11kg and becomes a monster... a man can dream
Signed to a 5 year contract a couple of years ago, and wouldn't be much better than Jones. So nah.

Signed to a 5 year contract a couple of years ago, and wouldn't be much better than Jones. So nah.
Agree, I think Sam Reid's percieved value is somewhat over-inflated by the fact that he's played in a strong side his entire career.

We most certainly have the money to at the very least throw a 5 - 6 year deal worth around 500,000 a season at the big forwards and it shouldn't neccasarily be at the GWS ones, all of whom haven't shown much as a chop out 2nd ruck. This deal I would be offering is at Charlie Dixon who over the past 8 games has kicked multiple goals in every single one. Offer Pick 5 and maybe something else for Dixon and Shaw would be the number one priority could even throw Jarrad Grant in.

So....
Pick 5 + Grant for Dixon and Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back