Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be rooting for Ryder to get to gws. Think port would have a good lash at minson if they miss Ryder.

Only if GWS want to keep pick 3 or trade it for pick 1, seen a few hypotheticals of Ryder for pick 3 which would mean Essendon are in the hunt for Wright then to replace Ryder to an extent.

Only if GWS want to keep pick 3 or trade it for pick 1, seen a few hypotheticals of Ryder for pick 3 which would mean Essendon are in the hunt for Wright then to replace Ryder to an extent.
They're having a lash at Clark to replace Ryder apparently.

I wonder which smokey we'll take with a pick in the 70s this year?? Darley last year, young the year before. Any guesses?

Also anyone know if we're still looking at schade from Gold Coast? Liked him more than jaksch on what I've seen.

We should be rooting for Ryder to get to gws. Think port would have a good lash at minson if they miss Ryder.

You reckon, I wouldn't think so, there is no way Lobbe and Minson could play together in same team they are pretty much the same sort of ruckman, they need a ruck who can play forward

- A chunk of our senior players are soft as butter. Get told fair and square they were basically carried by the young blokes (which they were) and crack it big time, the rumblings are as true as they come

This is exactly what I suspected was behind all this.

As I said in another post - if this is the case, the players concerned can well and truly GAGF, as that is absolutely what occurred in 2014.

Let's hope it stings some people into redemption.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon, I wouldn't think so, there is no way Lobbe and Minson could play together in same team they are pretty much the same sort of ruckman, they need a ruck who can play forward

And the fact Minson is not very liked at Port Adelaide. If any team is going to make an extraordinary offer to get Minson out of the Dogs it won't be Port.

I want Jones and Grant to get another year. I'm convinced it could all click. When it's all said and done though I don't think anyone in a team like ours is irreplaceable. We need to keep drafting and building a team around the likes of Bontempelli, Macrae, Libba, Dahlhaus, Stringer etc... Reality is we probably need another two drafts worth of elite players with our high picks and nailing our lower picks and then another two years of development before we're an actual chance to win a flag. I don't think we can be an actual contender in finals until 2017 at the very earliest. We need to be patient and stockpile talent, and develop it. Obviously if we could snare Carlisle through a breach of contract we should go for it.

I have serious doubts that we will trade up, so I think we'll just take whoever we think can become the best player regardless of position if Wright doesn't fall through. Its how the best clubs work through their drafting strategies and its how we will likely work through ours. Don't be surprised if we grab a mid like Ahern or Brayshaw.
And this may not be a bad thing either. I'm not convinced that Wright, in the unlikely event we could get him, would be the dominant KPF that some suggest he would be. Has he shown the sort of form, compared to Patton or Boyd, for example, that would indicate he's in that class? Also, how much better is Wright than Foster for whom we will not have to give away much? Others might know the answers better than I.

Only two of the guys who are being talked about that I'm overly fussed about losing would be Jones and Wood, the others providing we can get decent value for I don't think it really effects us a hell of a lot
I think losing Minson would definitely hurt our performance next season. But after being a supporter of his for a long time, i now want to see him traded for the right package. Cooney wouldn't hurt us much. Would mean more midfield time for guys like JJ, Hrovat, Hunter, etc. And he only performed against the shite teams anyway.

I will be generous with the bombers here and say if they want to get fair value for Carlisle and are afraid of losing him either this year or next year take pick 5 in a direct swap. One time offer after that fair game!

Higgins and Cooney wouldn't be a crisis if we lost both, think our development will cover there loss at the very least and net us some picks/trades for other positions of the ground we need. Cooney I would be more unhappy about if we lost him as unlike Higgins he has the ability to win games of his own boot/performance. I would keep him unless a first rounder came into discussion (of course we would have to add to that) but it must be at least a balanced offer or say trading Cooney in direct swap for a former first round pick.

I think losing Minson would definitely hurt our performance next season. But after being a supporter of his for a long time, i now want to see him traded for the right package. Cooney wouldn't hurt us much. Would mean more midfield time for guys like JJ, Hrovat, Hunter, etc. And he only performed against the shite teams anyway.
Yeah no doubt it would hurt short term but I still think it's best for the club. Agree Coons leaving wouldn't be a huge loss. Although Minno, coons and Higgins all leaving in the same year would set us back a bit (in the short term anyway) so ideally for me we hold onto one of em and get a good deal for the other two.

Would love to see Coons and Minno finish their careers as bulldogs but think some tough calls will leave the team better off.

I'm more worried about losing Minson than either or both of Cooney and Higgins. While I'd love Cooney to stay (I have a slight issue with trading Brownlow Medallists for some reason), I can understand why he might want a change of scenary. Same with Higgins, he may feel slightly unloved and feel that a change would do him good too - and that after working through all these injuries we aren't all that fussed with him.

Interesting how we all have some different views on these issues....

I'm more worried about losing Minson than either or both of Cooney and Higgins. While I'd love Cooney to stay (I have a slight issue with trading Brownlow Medallists for some reason), I can understand why he might want a change of scenary. Same with Higgins, he may feel slightly unloved and feel that a change would do him good too - and that after working through all these injuries we aren't all that fussed with him.

Interesting how we all have some different views on these issues....
Any concern over Minson's possible issues with coaching staff and young players at the club TDC? hard to gauge without knowing all the facts I guess.

Would happily see the back of Higgins, Minson and Cooney. Simply do not offer the consistency they should at this time of their careers and won't offer much in development. Get some picks and work from there, potentially using 2 2nd rnds for a 1st rnd Etc..
Perhaps in the short-term if your looking for help for a guy like Cambell take a small risk with a guy like Jon Griffiths from Fremantle. Was leading the comp before he did his knee, I know he previously had the issues in regards to homesickness. But his 28 now and could be ideal for 2-3 years for a late pick.

Any concern over Minson's possible issues with coaching staff and young players at the club TDC? hard to gauge without knowing all the facts I guess.

Mate, I wish I had good contacts on the inside to know what is going on. I can only judge on what I hear and see - Macca has come out and said that all is ok - although there was healthy discussion at certain points, there was an article saying Will wanted to 'redeem himself after a poor 2014' or something similar - so I think the big fella knows he has to lift.

There are rumours that Mooney and Scarlett are moving on, so our coaching staff might be quite different next year. Might refresh and rejuvenate some of the older guys.

I thought I heard earlier in the year that Minno and a few of the younger guys were regularly eating together as they were looking for something different to the regular meals at the club during the day - while there might be a few different groups of players that hang out together - I can't believe this is any different to any club, there will always be subsets or cliques within a larger group...

And this may not be a bad thing either. I'm not convinced that Wright, in the unlikely event we could get him, would be the dominant KPF that some suggest he would be. Has he shown the sort of form, compared to Patton or Boyd, for example, that would indicate he's in that class?
I don't know the answer personally, but in Boyd & Pattons draft years there were barely any decent tall players, where as this year Wright has opponents like Durdin, Goddard, Marchbank at champs level & even guys like Oscar McDonald & CORDY at TAC level. Maybe it's just the higher standard of competition that has stopped him dominating?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back