Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside mid!!!!!!!

As for the Jong tagging thing, my god he'd need to improve his tank to get anywhere near that role. Watched him live try and follow Gibbs around last year. Couldn't get within 20m of the guy. Jong is a burst player at this point in his career. Role him through the midfield but don't make him tag.

I don't want wallis tagging this year either. Picken and Boyd can share the duties IMO. Or if we land greenwood, just have Boyd, wallis and greenwood playing strong defensive mid roles rather than hard tags.
Jong tagging I reckon was to teach him how the best players play, because of his lack of relative development because of his late transition to the game.

IMO Levi Greenwood is a younger version of Lower that kicks more goals. I think we'd be stupid to get Greenwood. A backwards step for the club.

While were on the topic what is our clubs fascination with the name greenwood? That rookie has been around way to long and now they are looking at another?!

O'rourke to the dees
Pick 6 and cooney to GWS
pick 3 to the dogs

Maybe a trade in 2nd and 3rd rd picks may get this done

If Cooney to GWS is a viable proposition - then why not Pick 6 and cooney to GWS for 4?

That sounds like a realistic trade to me. GWS would still get a good player. And we'll get wright at 4.

If Gws are hell-bent on Petracca, then they can still easily trade for 1 from 6 with all their young guns to throw in as sweeteners.

Boydy played up in Cairns. There were other wins we don't get if he doesn't play (Richmond).

I have no problem with him trying to get the best possible last deal.

I know it's a brave new world, but gee the lack of loyalty shown to Boyd, Cooney, Minson, etc lately amazes me.
On the flip side what about Shaun Higgins and his loyality? So we should keep 5 or 6 players on the risk they could all leave at once ? Football loyality disappeared a while ago.We should do what's best for our club to win that elusive second flag, not worry about hurting someone's feelings

Boydy played up in Cairns. There were other wins we don't get if he doesn't play (Richmond).

I have no problem with him trying to get the best possible last deal.

I know it's a brave new world, but gee the lack of loyalty shown to Boyd, Cooney, Minson, etc lately amazes me.

Lack of loyalty... You're having a laugh, aren't you? Just think for a second about those 3 players you just mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the flip side what about Shaun Higgins and his loyality? So we should keep 5 or 6 players on the risk they could all leave at once ? Football loyality disappeared a while ago.We should do what's best for our club to win that elusive second flag, not worry about hurting someone's feelings

I'm not saying loyalty is dead and buried, what I'm trying to say is that it's a two-way street. Loyalty in football is mutual.

For some reason people seem to think that the players bust their asses throughout their respective careers only to receive a slap in the face and a handshake from the club at the end of it. This is not the case. These players have absolutely been kissed on the dick to be given the opportunity to lead the lives they do, and most are very grateful for it. None of these guys have been asked to play for free.

The clubs have done enough for these players to be able to call time on their careers on their own terms and not be vilified for it. By players or supporters.

And in this particular case, the club has done a lot for Shaun Higgins. I don't know if I can necessarily say the same thing about what Shaun Higgins has done for the club. Though, good luck to him at North (who are a supremely overrated side IMO). He will fit in beautifully down the road at Arden Street. The fact that after ~10 years with the club that none of the supporters seem to be too concerned about losing him kind of says a lot about the player North are receiving.

If Cooney to GWS is a viable proposition - then why not Pick 6 and cooney to GWS for 4?

That sounds like a realistic trade to me. GWS would still get a good player. And we'll get wright at 4.

If Gws are hell-bent on Petracca, then they can still easily trade for 1 from 6 with all their young guns to throw in as sweeteners.
Would be pointless if GWS are not taking Wright anyway, which they wouldn't, because they already have all their key forwards.

And in this particular case, the club has done a lot for Shaun Higgins. I don't know if I can necessarily say the same thing about what Shaun Higgins has done for the club. Though, good luck to him at North (who are a supremely overrated side IMO). He will fit in beautifully down the road at Arden Street. The fact that after ~10 years with the club that none of the supporters seem to be too concerned about losing him kind of says a lot about the player North are receiving.

Higgins was given every opportunity at our club, supported over the years he spent in rehab overcoming his injuries. How quickly he seems to forget how much patience the club had with him during those times, yet still renewed his contract when it could have cut ties with him.

We as a club owed Higgins nothing and his move showed what our understanding and patience meant to him. He played a position this year that we're going to cover so in my view, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Had the talent, just a lazy bugger who wouldn't apply himself

Would be pointless if GWS are not taking Wright anyway, which they wouldn't, because they already have all their key forwards.

I thought the idea was to skip Brisbane/ Collingwood. Melbourne sure aren't taking him. Best thing is even if we didn't get Wright - who cares, trading Cooney is no big loss. As opposed to trading pick 26, which i think is of serious value.

Besides, given GWS' past record I would NEVER assume they aren't going to take another KPF! Bastards.

Last edited:
I thought the idea was to skip Brisbane/ Collingwood. Melbourne sure aren't taking him. Best thing is even if we didn't get Wright - who cares, trading Cooney is no big loss. As opposed to trading pick 26, which i think is of serious value.

Besides, given GWS' past record I would NEVER assume they aren't going to take another KPF! Bastards.

If Cameron is on the move or they know he's going next season at the latest it wouldn't surprise me. Instead of hoping Wright falls to 5/6, we should throw that pick at GWS for Cameron

In Garlick's interview he mentioned they knew about his girlfriend and how "settled" she is in Sydney.

When you have that much info, you know the Dogs have done their due diligence and then moved on.

I believe that this is the case Ant. Reid is not a goer this year from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back